Does the Indian censorship board think we're kids?

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
In the US, parents tell the kids to go to bed early to avoid exposing them to late-night television. Only after a certain age, they earn the privilege of staying up late. This is not practiced in most Indian homes.

They also ask their kids to get their own pocket money :p

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
They also ask their kids to get their own pocket money :p

A little off-topic:
That's teaching them self reliance. They are trying to inculcate the idea that they are not going to be around forever to feed them and they need to learn to fend for themselves. "Catch 'em young", as its called.

My dad used to remind me of this regularly and encouraged me to learn to save. I didn't take him seriously then, now when I have a job, I know the importance of it.

Last edited:

AcceleratorX

Youngling
My personal opinion is that censorship doesn't work. What can work is timeslot shifting, which means that you air all adult stuff after 11PM.

Why doesn't it work? Because people will still get what they want, one way or another. Legally, you cannot drink before you are 25, marry before you are 18/21 (debatable), or have "consensual relations" before you are 16. However, all of this happens on a daily basis around the world. You cannot stop free will, because once someone is determined to do something, he or she will do it regardless of what you have to say about it.

In fact, I was 8 years old when I started playing gory shooter games. I was 9 when I first encountered "pr0n" on the internet (accidentally). Incidentally, I'm not violent, don't play games a lot, am highly social, have no incidents of drinking or smoking, no girlfriend(s), nothing (I don't even watch "dirty" movies. I swear to God about this). I'm "squeaky clean".

Like I said, these things only matter if you have the inclination from the start. Censorship simply doesn't work and these things have very little role in shaping anyone's lives or personalities.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
My personal opinion is that censorship doesn't work. What can work is timeslot shifting, which means that you air all adult stuff after 11PM.

Why doesn't it work? Because people will still get what they want, one way or another. Legally, you cannot drink before you are 25, marry before you are 18/21 (debatable), or have "consensual relations" before you are 16. However, all of this happens on a daily basis around the world. You cannot stop free will, because once someone is determined to do something, he or she will do it regardless of what you have to say about it.

In fact, I was 8 years old when I started playing gory shooter games. I was 9 when I first encountered "pr0n" on the internet (accidentally). Incidentally, I'm not violent, don't play games a lot, am highly social, have no incidents of drinking or smoking, no girlfriend(s), nothing (I don't even watch "dirty" movies. I swear to God about this). I'm "squeaky clean".

Like I said, these things only matter if you have the inclination from the start. Censorship simply doesn't work and these things have very little role in shaping anyone's lives or personalities.

Very true.

But still, you cannot show those stuff on TV just like that.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Simple solution, Don't go to theater's . Buy bluray and watch movies on a big screen at home with friends. One time investment, and much better audio visual experience with no rubbish censor board cuts.
Last movie I saw in theater was Transformers in 3D and it was a bad experience (not talking about how bad the movie was).

Sujeet

Undead!!!
1.No one actually cares about whether there beloved movie is getting censored on TV or not the one who are posting here and those also arent.If they want to watch it they simply watch it .Explicitly or implicitly.

2.Every modern Bollywood movies are full crap from beginning to end expect a few gems and movies from golden era.Doesn't matter whether they get censored or not or if they even get to be aired on TV by Indian Censor board Freaks.

3.The Partial Age Old Indian Censor Board needs a Kicking on their A$$.
They dont mind Mica songs being aired on TV without any cuts but they have obligations with DK Bose.

4.Movies Now HD late night shows features full blown Slang plus anything which the needy JANTA dont wants to be ripped of from thier fav Hollywood Flicks.

5.Censorship??Ehh?Whats that?
CBS Spark airs full blown explicit Rap songs witgh no trims at all while VH1,MTV international have to mute down every piece of crap in Raps and Other Music Videos.

6.You allow Big Boss sh#t on TV but dont let Dirty Picture to be aired though i dont care about any of these.

7.But if its the censorship it should equal for all.

8.Finally i think some Teens are bit too raged about not being able to watch Dirty picture on TV at weekends after weeks of Lusty wait after those Ohh laa commercials.?? Cant help them.Get back to old business Kiddos.Go to your local DVD store.!!

9.I dont think that Bollywood Movie might be having any scene which can said to be comparative to Hollywood Counterparts.Bolly flicks never go that far!They simply cant.Please dont come with Nominations Now!

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
the relevent doc is here >> *mib.nic.in/writereaddata/html_en_files/content_reg/PAC.pdf

now every channel has their own guidelines apart from the one above. This means that they all dont look like DD.
the problem seems to be with self-censorship by the networks
this is the only thing that is keeping every channel from being India TV

its the I&B Ministry programme code, channels get warnings, theres a "prohibition of broadcast" threat looming over some channels who cannot simply afford any more mess ups... Bindaas, MTV and Channel V all got warnings for reality shows

Sujeet

Undead!!!
^^++MTV ,Bindass and Channel V all three of 'em airs 80% crap in the name of youth reality shows.They deserve it.
They are misleading.Stay RAW and STAY Cool are simply propagating the feeling of Becoming A Rebel.Nothing Else.

The day India TV was given Permit i gave up my faith on I&B Guidelines.Seriously,
Other than a source of meager employment for a bunch of Idiots and Moron Staff it is good for nothing.
And the cherry on top is that we even have some worthy nominees for the throne currently OWNED by India TV.

Sarath

iDota
MTV sucks. With the daily soaps that run on V and MTV, it's horrifying to say the least.

I'm a Discovery Channel guy :D

What is India TV, never heard of them

Sujeet

Undead!!!
^^Should be glad that you havent heard or seen India at most.

For me TV=Discovery Channel+Nat Geo+History Channel+Comedy Central+nICK:p

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
MTV sucks. With the daily soaps that run on V and MTV, it's horrifying to say the least.

I'm a Discovery Channel guy :D

What is India TV, never heard of them

Indian Tv is Indias Most unique News channel they air news which no other news channels air
Like you remember the A.P CM who died in a heli crash?
They Aired at night that The A.P Has been caught by Adivashis and he is safe.
Next moment another all channel air he is dead,crash site is found.

audiophilic

Journeyman
I think the funniest part of all this is that when movies are rated, they seem stranger than they are. Important parts that form the fundamental plot are removed, leaving the movie goer completely confused.

I think this is unfair. They should be more open minded

maninder4k

Broken In
India is Incredible! So whatever we all will try to do will be a waste until this issue will arise to Government level & again most of the people in our Indian Govetnment are having old views! They will not Allow the rating to be done according to Hollywood Standard...
So India is just Incredible?

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
^^ Exactly.
No use replacing the CensorShip Old People.Cause Some people who are in there 16+ still regard all this all Yuck And are 1000% pure.Then who Knows if that person might censor everything :lol:. Or he might even ban all English stuff.Even all kinds of songs

The proper change can happen when Parents also move as time moves

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
^^ Exactly.
No use replacing the CensorShip Old People.Cause Some people who are in there 16+ still regard all this all Yuck And are 1000% pure.Then who Knows if that person might censor everything :lol:. Or he might even ban all English stuff.Even all kinds of songs

Then that calls for REBELLION.

The proper change can happen when Parents also move as time moves

Indeed, but most are reluctant. Neither do they support the change in culture nor let their children to adopt the same. Dog in a manger mentality.

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
What i meant in that is some people get so mad they might kill you if you say India has the worst Culture(In terms of how people behave).They dont like all these kinds of movies etc.
I have seen it in Parents.and some 1% of the youth :lol:

Top Bottom