Devil May Cry 4 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Thanks mate.I was about to give up on it considering Vergil 3 had beat the hell out of me.After having a huge discussion & tips sharing over GameFAQS forum, I finally got the proper way to beat him.Unfortunately, I don't have the Special edition for PS2 but the regular Dante's Awakening.

Yep I've heard the PC version was a bad port & had bad control scheme.That's the reason I picked it up for the PS2.;)

For side roll you need to get a perfect timing.It's actually very simple.All you need to do is hit the left analog stick in the direction you want to roll & simultaneously hit the jump button(depending on what you have it configured to).Make sure you hit them both simultaneously.

thanks. well left analog means left of that circular key which is used to control the players movement in different directions.

quan chi

mortal kombat
thanks guys for the reply.well actually i had to keep the aim button pressed that is 'L' 2 down.then the direction key and jump.

well i have not found any key which rotates the camera the camera moves automaticallywith the player movements.

*z.about.com/d/vgstrategies/1/0/Y/ps2controller.jpg

btw my controller does not have 7the and the 8th button as shown in picture.for what purpose they are used.

and i am stuck in this *media.ignimgs.com/guides/guides/748464/images/dmc4_m02_142.jpg early mission the door to the port dosent open.

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Woah! The 7th & 8th button itself are the most important ones.They are the analog controls which control your basic movements & the camera movements.Get your controller exchanged to one which has those controls, if you can.They will be very much required later on in the game.

I can't make out much with the screenshot but to open the door you need to press the jump key again.Make sure you get close to the door & then do it.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Woah! The 7th & 8th button itself are the most important ones.They are the analog controls which control your basic movements & the camera movements.Get your controller exchanged to one which has those controls, if you can.They will be very much required later on in the game.

I can't make out much with the screenshot but to open the door you need to press the jump key again.Make sure you get close to the door & then do it.

i have kinda this type of control as i have posted before.*cgi.ebay.in/USB-Game-Pad-to-Play-G...ZViewItemQQssPageNameZRSS:B:SRCH:IN:102 rel=n

well will they exchange my pad??

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Depends on the shopkeeper.Try to tell them that one of it's keys are non-responsive & which is important for you.Unless they have a PC to test it on out there, it should be replaced.When they try to hand you the same controller for replacement tell them that you need ones with analog sticks.If it costs a few extra bucks, might as well add it.Without the analog sticks it would hardly be of any use.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Depends on the shopkeeper.Try to tell them that one of it's keys are non-responsive & which is important for you.Unless they have a PC to test it on out there, it should be replaced.When they try to hand you the same controller for replacement tell them that you need ones with analog sticks.If it costs a few extra bucks, might as well add it.Without the analog sticks it would hardly be of any use.

thanks.
well i asked you all here before also that will any cheap game pad will do and everyone here said yes.nobody specified here that what type of gamepad i should look for.:(

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Probably all of us out here know what is the importance of an analog stick.When you asked us will any cheap gamepad work, we assumed you knew that it should have analog system.Haven't you played using a controller earlier or on a PS2 for that matter?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Because they want to clear out old stocks & when someone uninformed about it comes along, they just stick it to them.:(

Nearly 90% of the controller based games require the use of an analog stick.Without it the camera & movement navigation is next to impossible.You can assign the movement navigation to the D-pad but it isn't as smooth & fluid as the analog sticks.

quan chi

mortal kombat
then what does those 3 numbered keys do??and how does analog sticks work i mean is the left one for camera and right one for movement.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
The '3' numbered keys or D-Pad as it's called, varies in it's uses.Previously it used to be a common character navigation key pattern.But now it's a mixed package.For eg: In DMC 4 when you assume the role of Dante by hitting the D-pad buttons allows you to cycle between each of Dante's style (Gunslinger, Swordmaster, Royal Guard & Trickster).That comes set by default.Never used it for Nero though.

The left analog stick mainly controls the character movement & the right analog stick controls the overall camera movements.There is a light which is activated just below the analog button (you can see it on the PS2 controller) indicating that the analog function is active.If it's not turned on then the right analog stick would have take on the role of the action buttons (4th key in your above slated image).

skippednote

M3TAL H3AD M3
Greeting mates yesterday i got myself devil may cry 3 special edition. And after playing the game for sometime i found that the movement controls of the game for a gamepad were totally screwed. I couldn't turn around or note back and forth. The left analog is working for right and vica versa.
please help guys i don't have no clue.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Hey Bassam.Sadly, I don't have the PC version of DMC 3, so if you have a screenshot of the controls menu option then please post it.Have you tried looking for controls customisation within the game?

Edit: Just found this link *www.saitekforum.com/showthread.php?t=10910

This might be useful for configuring your controller.

Download Joy2Key from here: *sourceforge.net/projects/joy2key

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Here's the link to the last patch they might have let out for this game.

*play.tm/wire/cluster/1336287

I don't suppose it will do much good for the controls part.

quan chi

mortal kombat
well i got my controller replaced. now i have a ps2 like controller with vibration.i tested it on some games and the camera alnalog is working well.but in dmc4 i cant move the camera using that stick. well is there any particular gamepad selection i should make from the gamepad menu.

please help.

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
No that's perfectly OK for DMC 4 as in some areas, like I mentioned earlier, the camera movements are locked & you can't rotate it.So if the area is relatively small then you won't need much of a camera navigation.Now just go on & enjoy the game.:D

quan chi

mortal kombat
No that's perfectly OK for DMC 4 as in some areas, like I mentioned earlier, the camera movements are locked & you can't rotate it.So if the area is relatively small then you won't need much of a camera navigation.Now just go on & enjoy the game.:D

but no vibration too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom