Devil May Cry 4 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^You can try this deal going on @TE:
*www.techenclave.com/dealer-s-paradise/graphic-cards-and-monitors-115088.html

It is selling the 9800GT for 9k which is a steal for that price.

quan chi

mortal kombat
KPower Mplayed the demo ania;929309 said:
^^It dosent need a gamepad. It RECOMMANDS one. Theres a LITTLE difference between both of this words. :|

played the demo.with keyboard controls only it is difficult.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
DUH! What did you expect from a third person hack-en-slash control system?

It's best suited for a controller.Like all the other adventure & hack-en-slash titles.Even if you have ventured through all your life on keyboard+mouse then too this game needs a good controller.Because the combos need timing & perfection which can be executed properly with a navigational controller.A cheap gamepad is roughly costing around Rs.250.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
DMC 4 is not available on the PS2.I played it on my PC.The game definitely has a story & it's pretty much OK.Nothing in the league of God of War & the likes but pretty good.The fun part is it's gameplay & boss fights which you will enjoy for sure.

Will any gamepad work for the game,i mean does one need dualshock 2 like pad with two sticks or other ones with a single stick work fine.
On another note normal foes encountered have a pretty lame design,but it is fun beating the **** out of them.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
The game will work with cheap Chinese makes. The game has an average story and the gameplay ensures that you will be sitting bored after 6-7 levels. My personal eXperience :).

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I pretty much enjoyed the whole game from start to finish.May it's because I was new to this series but after playing this game I just felt like playing through the entire series.Now I can safely say that it's truly an awesome franchise.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^I have played DMC3SE on PS2 :).

I prefer God of War more than DMC. DMC has the only advantage of its coolness factor. Otherwise GOW offers more visecral action with mind-blowing graphics :).

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
God of War is in a league of it's own.Though most gameplay elements remain similar in both games there is one major challenge which DMC series has over God of War.That is in terms of combo rewards.Meaning I have notice in God Of War, no matter how many different combos you perform on an enemy, you get a fixed number of red orbs.In DMC, it's the opposite & it depends on your style meter & the variety of combos you perform which determines how many orbs you achieve.So if you repeat the same combos over & over then it just yield lower number of red orbs.This is somewhat of a challenge which I found in DMC games.

As far as the storyline goes this isn't highly relying on one.DMC 4 just had a melodramatic script between Nero & Kyrie fused with action & treachery bits.So it's a typical pot boiler.DMC 3 was pretty good as it had brother against brother feud going on & had good character progression.I will now be playing DMC 1 after completing POP: Sands of Time & then might get a better understanding of the series.:)

Crysis900

Broken In
Hey I completed the whole game in Devil Hunter Mode. The game is really awesome with extreme gameplay and but the story is not so fascinating. After you complete the game in Devil hunter Mode you will be unlocking bloody palace mode , son of sparda etc. If you need save file contact me.

Finished the game today morning at 5:00AM.
IMO it has great combat improvement and lesser difficulty level than its predecessor, but it carrries a lot of luggage from DMC3(eg gilgamesh is just beowulf renamed,most enemies are recycled),this one has a worse storyline(to sum it up-cocky brat saves a damsel in distress),music could have been much better(rock isn't the only genre that can give a gothic taste to a game),small fighting arenas almost the same size as DMC3 and small levels,fit inducing camera work,lame boss design(not boss battles)and my greatest gripe and something one does not expect from this generation of AAA titles "backtracking".
Never since POP2-Warrior Within have I seen so much backtracking in a single game.So,much for CAPCOM's assurance that multi-platform won't make the game suffer(i know i wouldn't be able to play if it didn't go multi but I have tons of patience).
Play it if you are interested in the genre of hack-n-slash or are a DMC fan otherwise leave it.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Hey I completed the whole game in Devil Hunter Mode. The game is really awesome with extreme gameplay and but the story is not so fascinating. After you complete the game in Devil hunter Mode you will be unlocking bloody palace mode , son of sparda etc. If you need save file contact me.
Devil Hunter mode is pretty easy.Once you start off with Son of Spara & The Legendary Dark Knight mode, that's when you experience a royal butt-whooping.I tried the Legendary Dark Knight for no more than 10 minutes & gave up.I guess completing on Devil Hunter for me was enough.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom