Devil May Cry 4 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Just a slightly off topic comment.Did you guys know that Devil May Cry the animated series was out? I got hold of it's 8 episodes dubbed in English.Seems awesome.The animation is no different than any other Jap anime but since it's DMC who cares? :D

OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
I know and have the TPB link to a 2.5GB file of its 12 episodes. SPOILER WARNING In the series Dante never transforms into his Devil Trigger mode. :(

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I was hoping to brush up with the game's storyline with the help of this series.If it's identical to the game then it will give me a good idea about the birth of Dante.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I played the demo of the game few days back, loved the game. It runs flawlessly in DX 10 mode in my PC & with XBOX 360 game pad, controlling is breeze. I m yet to buy the game, & the best thing I like is that after a long tiring day at office, I can take my stress out killing some demons.

@allwyndlima
I was hoping to brush up with the game's storyline with the help of this series.If it's identical to the game then it will give me a good idea about the birth of Dante.
Anime will be a huge disappointment if you go looking for story,it is vague and and keeps you believing as something good is just next,BTW downloaded it last year,it began airing in August,got it then at 720p you should do the same though quality won't be mindblowing.
@ KPowerMania
harmless answer-
none of us

just got the game, installed, played the first level ....... AWESOME
Well if you can, try buy it coz,me hears that it is a good port not like DMC3 or RE4 ports(those involved in porting these games should be hung upside down :D) and RE5 is just the game I would like to get ported and my hands around on a PC and massive piracy of IP on PC is not a motivating factor.

the last two pics can't be opened and try to post gameplay pics BTW do you have 5.1 speakers, just asking cuz you have a pretty good comp config,and I am wondering how good the sound fx are.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^nope, stuck wid 2.1 :( but they suffice me :)

*img371.imageshack.us/img371/6560/koolpic2or3.jpg

gameplay pics :)

*img235.imageshack.us/img235/6456/devilmaycry4dx102008080br6.jpg

Nero looks kool, especially his hair

*img137.imageshack.us/img137/1223/awesomepicrj1.jpg

HowTF can he carry such a heavy sword ? :|

*img137.imageshack.us/img137/5558/awesomepic2hg0.jpg

BTW the sword has a ****ing accelarator :D;)^^

*img224.imageshack.us/img224/3914/koolpicgu8.jpg

I R G33K at shooting :D^

*img224.imageshack.us/img224/9416/koolpic4kd3.jpg

^hot-chick:shock::twisted:

Last edited:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
*img134.imageshack.us/img134/4492/koolpic6ah9.jpg

^^bring it on mutha****er :twisted: :D:D

k guys, now ur turn to post some screenies :)

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
@allwyndlimaAnime will be a huge disappointment if you go looking for story,it is vague and and keeps you believing as something good is just next,BTW downloaded it last year,it began airing in August,got it then at 720p you should do the same though quality won't be mindblowing.
Too bad.I was hoping it would be exactly the same as the game's storyline.I had read about the story on Wikipedia but wanted a bit more narrative form & this seemed like a good way but SIGH guess will have to play the game to know them.I am almost about to complete DMC 3 on my PS2.On mission 20 & about to take on Vergil which they say is dam tough.His earlier 2 forms in the game were too easy & had predictable attacks.Oh btw as for the 720p versions, they were english subbed ones.So I decided to skip them & go for the english dubbed ones as the dubbing is really good.;)

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Too bad.I was hoping it would be exactly the same as the game's storyline.I had read about the story on Wikipedia but wanted a bit more narrative form & this seemed like a good way but SIGH guess will have to play the game to know them.I am almost about to complete DMC 3 on my PS2.On mission 20 & about to take on Vergil which they say is dam tough.His earlier 2 forms in the game were too easy & had predictable attacks.Oh btw as for the 720p versions, they were english subbed ones.So I decided to skip them & go for the english dubbed ones as the dubbing is really good.;)

i finished DMC3, the last boss is tough but not that tough OR was that bcoz of the aggresiveness i hv ?? Anyways, the last battle is quite fun. Happy Vergil Killing :)

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
more screenies :)

*img292.imageshack.us/img292/4251/14334273cs1.jpg

here u go sucka :lol:

*img135.imageshack.us/img135/3223/10471037tc4.jpg

oww, the sucka hit me :(

*img231.imageshack.us/img231/7015/78705567pi7.jpg

sweet revenge :twisted:

*img231.imageshack.us/img231/9816/60425316ac1.jpg

now DIE :D

*img230.imageshack.us/img230/1517/48605529ro5.jpg

if u want some, COME GET SOME :twisted:

*img230.imageshack.us/img230/7299/78762233zx4.jpg

im Hulk Hogan 8)

PS- i hope u guyz dnt mind this pics :)

Last edited:
@allwyndlima: Did you get all the dubbed episodes.
You have a GeCube 4850 in your Sig could you tell how it is performing and how much did it cost.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Unfortunately I got only 8 episodes out of the launched 12.On it's original DVD too they have the Japanese audio which I resent.Anyway will wait for the rest.

As for the card, yes I just got it a few days back & it performs flawlessly.After the fan fix the temperatures too have been rock solid.I am currently playing COD4 all over again & it looks extremely sharp on this card compared to my earlier 7900GT.Outdoor I gain almost 56-60 FPS & indoors it shoots off to 123 FPS.:D

Thinking of reloading DMC 4 or Gears Of War again.My 7900GT gave up in DMC 4 in the Forests level.I had vowed to play that once I get this card.;)

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@allwyndlima: I've heard dat playin this game on keyboard is miserable.So, did u played it on a joystick(which one ?) :D

also @ wat settings u played this on ur GeCube 4850 Card :rolleyes:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Playing this game on keyboard is a nightmare.Most of the camera movements are restricted & when you are in a large area then you would need a gamepad to get a full navigational view.Performing combos again is very difficult & in this game combo moves are something which you need to get your style meter up.I got my gamepad just in time to play this game.It's some cheap brand called Dillong.The resemblance is similar to the PS2 controller.Pretty sturdy gamepad & costed me Rs.400.

I didn't load it on my new card as I am busy completing COD4.Will complete GeOW & then Kane & Lynch Dead Men.Perhaps then would load this game.But my settings are always standard for every game.1280x1024 @75Hz with mostly everything on high.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom