Devil May Cry 4 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Wait are we talking about the same level? The moves you're talking about is for Dante & AFAIK after level 18 you get Nero back in action then am I missing something here?

Anyway done with that level.Oh did I forget to mention I was using Nero all this while? ;) This time I just went berserk for some reason.Used Devil Trigger 2 times & bustered him 3 times with more than half the health miraculously remaining.:D

Now another biatch had to arise in the form on Sanctus.Died nearly 10 times now & barely made it to less than half of his health being depleted.Just taking a break to relax my hands.All that action has almost numbed my hand.:D

Here's a Youtube video with this last battle with Sanctus without any health damage.Must see.This is too good man.He taunts Sanctus just before he clobbers him down.Awesome video.:)
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgIn--xc2mg

OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Coming back to the game, I am now at level 19 & it's really beginning to get on my nerves.I beat almost everyone & Angelo Agnus is really a pain in the rear end.The game's save system is totally messed up.I can't continue from my last checkpoint if I reload the whole game which sucks as this level is a extremely long one.Must start all over again now.:mad:
Weren't you talking about Angelo Agnus here or what ? Anyways core thing is to kick their rears back to DemonWorld. :D BTw now since u had ur hands on Dante too, whom do you find better Dante or Nero?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Weren't you talking about Angelo Agnus here or what ?
Errrr...I was but then in your earlier post you mentioned.....

When i was at this level, I dodged his swords, used Pandora(to the MAX) with Gunslinger(to the MAX) and press the B button(if you are using XBOX 360 controller), Pandora transforms into that wicked vehicle and just keep on pressing the B button. Barrage of missiles is launched decimating everything and being. Agnus falls down. Quickly change to Swordmaster, switch ON the Devil trigger and let him have copious amount of Rebellion and Gilgamesh. If you are lucky, like me, Agnus won't even get a single chance to get up let alone fight back. :D
So this confused me a bit.I was playing as Nero which you're supposed to right? Or could we play as Dante too?

Never mind am a bit too jumpy with all the games these days.:D

With regards to who did I like better Dante or Nero, I have to hand it to you, a few levels with Dante & his multiple styles, I'd root for him.Nero is still awesome but the kid still has more to offer.May be next time or should I say next DMC.:D

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
I have just started out with this game. This game seems like just plain mindless button mashing. Does it get interesting later? And what's with this stupid Save system? I have been playing the same level for such a long time. I don't have the time to sit through the whole thing at one go.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I have just started out with this game. This game seems like just plain mindless button mashing. Does it get interesting later? And what's with this stupid Save system? I have been playing the same level for such a long time. I don't have the time to sit through the whole thing at one go.
What are your expectations? This isn't POP.So you won't have the puzzle solving part.This will only involve button mashing & more button mashing.Wait did I mentioned more button mashing? ;)

The point of all DMC titles lie in their combat system & storyline.If you have just started out with this series then it's better to know the game first & then approach it.Read around the net for the various combo styles you can perform.If you don't know a bit of it's past story background then it will be good to brush up on that as well.Else you'll start out just like I did which is thinking it would only be button mashing.The bosses are the true highlight.Graphics are gets better with each level.But if you ask of the gameplay only then yes it will get repetitive after a while unless you master the combo system & the styles.

The save system is totally goofed up.It won't allow you to save at any point as you wish but rather when 'a' particular level ends.You can continue from the checkpoints if want to play it at a stretch.Alternatively, you can use the Trainer available on the internet & save at any point & reload back from the same point.:)

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
By the time i've been to my friends house he has reinalled win xp sp2. And he insalled the game. and BUNGO...! the game is running. I don't remember the error message so i am not posting. Entire game is running consistanly smooth @ above 35 fps. Some times it is 60 fps too. He has lowerd all the settings and kept the resolution of 1024 X 768. I have only one thing to say about the game. A great game. When i saw it is running very smooth in a petty system configuration. A great optimisation for low end machines. I think devil may cry series has only been succssful to do so in recent past. He ran all most all the demos of the latest games but none has ran smoothly. But despite all these things i am very happy, because i am going to get a ps3 by th end of this month and i will start this game only in ps3. :)

Now he wants to buy the game and seeks my help to do so. PlanetM dealer in my city is saying that he hasn't heared about this game. I think online purchase is only the way. But he says that he can't find DMC 4 pc game in ebay or rediff or yahoo shopping. If you know any vendor online please inform me. So that i can inform him.

regards.

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Officially it hasn't released yet.If he wants to buy the game then no better place then Play Asia.Here's the link: *www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-7s-77-2-49-en-15-Devil+May+Cry+4-70-2w44.html

It has free shipping within India & as for the price it's reasonable @1.4k.The shipping is usually carried out within 24hrs or could be more.My friend has successfully ordered couple of games from this website & they all have reached him properly.Though GTA IV had a bit of delays due to stock issues back then but it got delivered after just a small delay.I suppose your friend would need to register & provide the credit card details & then can order it off.Good luck.

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
Thanks allwyndlima. I think I will use the trainer for the save system. But I am not sure I will be interested in this for too long.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Anytime pal.I just completed this game right now & it was amazing.Being a fan of this genre it was a fantastic game.Can't wait for DMC 5 now.Hopefully then bring it out on the PC as well.:)

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I have already.Was starting out with Bloody Palace but don't think can reach too far with it.Might as well check the unlocked stuff & uninstall it.Perhaps start with some other game.:)

OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
As you like it. I've started game on Devil Hunter mode and after that also gonna finish it in Legendary Dark Knight mode.:cool:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I completed the game in Devil Hunter mode.Now I have gained access to Son Of Sparda mode & Legendary Dark Knight mode.From the few minutes I played in Legendary Dark Knight mode, it seemed way out of my league.The enemies just keep spawning endlessly.Not to mention you'll have most of the Mephistos, Angelos & Basilisks will start attacking right from the first levels.It's that dam tough.I am happy with Devil Hunter completion.:D

Now if I can only find a copy of Alone in the Dark.:rolleyes:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
The in-game time recorded for me was 16 hours & 28 seconds after it's completion.This does not include the cut-scenes though.It took me longer because at one silly level I made a whole trip back & forth only to realise the door was right next to me & I goofed up.;)

On an average I would say it was pretty easy even on the Devil Hunter mode.Shouldn't too long to complete it.Most of the levels have may be 20 minutes tops.Barring the 19th level which is probably the lengthiest level in the entire game.:mad:

OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Finished the game on Devil hunter mode too. Tried Bloody palace with Dante, Pandora makes things easy. Had to Quit after 35th Level. Anyways also gonna try the Son of Sparda mode now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom