Votes: 4 3.9%
  • I don't want to vote for any of them

Votes: 8 7.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I doubt anyone read this: MEA 'bent' rules to favour Devyani Khobragade - The Economic Times

Some IFS office named Mahaveer Singhvi, same batch as Devyani, he was alotted a different language than the one he opted for. He had opted for German and had scored a higher rank than Devyani. But Devyani was given German.

The source of whatever I will write below is this: Mahaveer C. Singhvi vs Union Of India And Ors on 29 August, 2008

The availability of slots was indicated as follows; French -- 2 slots; German -- 1 slot; Russian -- 2 slots; Chinese -- 1 slot; Spanish -- 1 slot; and Arabic, -- 2 slots. The petitioner is stated to have indicated his language preference as, French, German, Arabic, and Spanish, in that order. According to the petitioner, since he was placed at serial number 5 in order of seniority in the batch consisting of 9 officers, the four officers senior to him were to be accommodated first. They were allotted French, Russian, Chinese and French respectively. Consequently, the two slots for French already stood exhausted. Since the slot for German was still vacant and his second preference happened to be German, the petitioner ought to have been allotted that language.

This guy was given Spanish and not his second preference German. That went to Devyani.

Then he protested against it. To know how it went to Devyani, read the following:

The petitioner states that his efforts to have this rectified ultimately resulted in a serious animosity with the second respondent, Mr. P.L. Goyal, who happened to be the Additional Secretary at that time. This happened because, after a fruitless meeting with The Joint Secretary, the petitioner met Mr. Goyal who informed him that for his batch of officers, the criteria for allocation had been changed. He said that this time, the criteria adopted was to grant the preferred language to officers by placing them in a new order, which consisted of choosing one from the top of the list, and the next from the very bottom, of the list of nine officers. By this method, the order of precedence for the allocation of foreign language to the officers in the petitioner's batch became 1, 9, 2, 8, 3, 7, 4, 6 and lastly, 5. Since the petitioner was placed at S.No.5, he was therefore, relegated to the very last place in order of precedence. When the petitioner protested against this utterly irrational method, he was warned by Mr. P.L. Goyal against raising any protest in this matter.

So this guy Mahaveer Singhvi was warned. Somehow this "bending of rules" leaked out to the media and came in newspaper. Mr. P.L. Goyal, the Additional Secretary or may be others developed an animosity for him?

Before all this, may be Mahaveer Singhvi has dated some girl for some time. The girl's family proposed a marriage. Mahaveer's family rejected. Then the girl's family started to plot against Mahaveer like a typical Hindi serial. yeah, true and I don't want to quote that. Aaaaand, somehow they forged an alliance with Mahaveer's "not-so-well wishers" aka enemies and Mahaveer Singhvi was wrongly dismissed.

Later he won the case after 6 years and has been reinstated with proper compensation.

Read the link I gave completely.

So, somehow Devyani's mischief for getting German almost costed this guy's career.

Doodh ki dhuli nahi hai ye.

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar

Domino's outlet attacked in India as U.S. diplomatic dispute simmers

Sahi kiya saalo ko :grin:
For expensive pizzas with sparingly used toppings,and that "you need to order a pizza for home delivery" :x

And they arrested,strip/cavity searched her just on the complaint of some maid.Is there any evidence proving said maids allegations? No.Even if there is,Why aren't they sharing it with us :x

Devyani Khobragade case: Maid tried to blackmail diplomat, says government
NEW DELHI: A government official on Thursday said that diplomat Devyani Khobragade, who was arrested in New York on visa fraud charges, had accused her maid of blackmail over the summer.

An official in External Affairs Ministry said that Khobragade wrote to government authorities over the summer that the maid had disappeared and was trying to blackmail her. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he is not authorized to speak publicly about this case.

Diplomat arrest case: Maid’s letter reveals Devyani’s innocence
Indian diplomat Devyani’s sister has released a letter in which maid Sangeeta Richards writes that the diplomat’s family was very nice to her. It also says that the diplomat treated Sangeeta very well and even gave her an iPad.

Devyani case third instance of maids accusing Indian diplomats

Khobragade, 39, the Deputy Consul General at the Indian Consulate in New York, was arrested last week and has been accused of visa fraud and for making false statements about the salary and employment terms of Sangeeta Richard, the domestic help she had got from India.

India-US diplomatic row: Now, a cornered Bharara justifies his act with lies

The American conspiracy behind Devyani Khobragade’s arrest began to unravel when it was learnt that the maid Sangeeta Richard’s family was flown out of India two days before the diplomat was arrested. There are allegations that the US authorities had even paid for the passage of the maid’s family. Though it is premature to guess what could be the motive behind this preempted move, yet conspiracy theorists are spinning various stories.

Kerry calls Menon, expresses regret on treatment of Khobragade

According to reports, the husband and two children of the absconding maid had obtained US visas and flown to New York.

Devyani Khobragade case: It's all a maid-in-US conspiracy, India says
"She is innocent ... It is not the illegality that she (Khobragade) is accused of, but the illegality she refused to oblige," Khurshid said. Going into details, he said that Khobragade "received a phone call from a lawyer who refused to identify himself and offered to settle the matter that would result in grant of permanent citizenship to her (the maid) and a huge compensation. It became clear that this was a conspiracy and some people were trapping her." He added the humiliation meted out to Khobragade had "not happened out of the blue" and there is a "history" behind it.

While not confirmed, it is believed the Richards family has been sent to US on a visa category that is reserved for victims of human trafficking, provided they assist the US authorities in the case. In other words, the ground was carefully created to arrest Khobragade. And the US didn't believe its strategic partner but an absconding maid — something that's being regarded here as an act of hostility.
Between June, when Richards disappeared from Khobragade's house on the pretext of shopping, to November, when an arrest warrant was issued for her by a Delhi sessions court, the Indian government made repeated complaints and representations to the US authorities (see timeline). Each time the Indians were given no response or cooperation from the US side. On September 21, the US state department in a letter said there were "allegations" against Khobragade, for which they wanted her to come to the state department to clarify.

The MEA responded with a strongly worded letter detailing the charges against the maid, her disappearance and the developments. The US side clammed up. The Indian government also found it very strange that Richards' husband, Philip, initially filed a missing persons report about his wife but later withdrew it.

Parliament on Wednesday erupted in support of Khobragade with members, cutting across party lines, supporting the government for its retaliatory actions. The government has, however, maintained that the steps taken against the US are "reciprocal", not "retaliatory" in nature.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^ I don't eat pizzas but whenever I eat Domino's, I always tend to leave out the bread crust on the edge. Dunno why.

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
Pretty sure the maid is doing this for US citizenship for her and her family and a hefty "compensation" or "out of court settlement"
And obviously that Preet Bhadwa guy was doing this for a promotion and "The law is equal to everyone"
nice informative page on IVG(there is a "debate" going on about this there too) *www.indianvideogamer.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8894&page=192

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ico,it is in today's timesofindia p13 & even before i read it i was pretty much certain about dubious credentials/background of her but then you can expect this from 90% of children of IAS/senior bureaucrats.it was never about her but her treatment.here is a good example of this:
US Spy Case in India: Latest News on US Spy Case in India at Times of India this article was published in timesofindia 19th dec but now link is dead,see how sensitive & controversial this case was).i am quoting from that day newspaper in front of me.
Rosanna Minchew,then third secretary of in the US embassy,allegedly sourced vital information on RAW,IB & Military Intelligence from the National Security Council,chaired by the PM.
Infact,when the police chargesheet was filed,India ensured safe passage to Minchew,who was sent back to the US.
now compare this case involving officials & security at highest level compared to allegations by a domestic worker & the difference in treatment by India & USA.

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
This is a conspiracy by the maid
If it wasn't for pre-election time,the diplomat lady would've languished for like 15 years without anyone knowing sh!t.while maid would have got 1 mil in compensation and US citizenship :lol:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ico,it is in today's timesofindia p13 & even before i read it i was pretty much certain about dubious credentials/background of her but then you can expect this from 90% of children of IAS/senior bureaucrats.it was never about her but her treatment.here is a good example of this:
US Spy Case in India: Latest News on US Spy Case in India at Times of India this article was published in timesofindia 19th dec but now link is dead,see how sensitive & controversial this case was).i am quoting from that day newspaper in front of me.

now compare this case involving officials & security at highest level compared to allegations by a domestic worker & the difference in treatment by India & USA.
yup, treatment part is what the whole issue is about.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Could there be another aspect to the arm twisting done by US ? Looks like too many layers to see.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
If that diplomat entered into IFS using dubious means which almost cost the life of her classmate then is she truly to be pitied upon and even she has forged VISA papers for her maid so that low wages can be paid. I pity the maid in this regard as she is misled in getting good wages rather she got what was not promised.
Now that diplomat will think twice before doing any mischief as GOD himself punished her now.

MODI will become the next PM and I hope he puts an end to all the stuff like religious conversions in India. I am a true HINDU and I believe in him.

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
If that diplomat entered into IFS using dubious means which almost cost the life of her classmate then is she truly to be pitied upon and even she has forged VISA papers for her maid so that low wages can be paid. I pity the maid in this regard as she is misled in getting good wages rather she got what was not promised.
Now that diplomat will think twice before doing any mischief as GOD himself punished her now.

MODI will become the next PM and I hope he puts an end to all the stuff like religious conversions in India. I am a true HINDU and I believe in him.

Thats a human rights AND a constitutional rights violation

Renny

Padawan
Meanwhile AAP accepts congress support to form the government. Anyone remember what Mr. Kejriwal said about taking support?

*fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/q71/s720x720/1501831_344925865647068_860615962_n.jpg

Tarun Singh

Banned
Meanwhile AAP accepts congress support to form the government. Anyone remember what Mr. Kejriwal said about taking support?

*fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/q71/s720x720/1501831_344925865647068_860615962_n.jpg
See the conditions they had put before taking support.Congress had full rights to put down those conditions but they accepted and now saying support was conditional.

mediator

Technomancer
Ok, glad that gay discussion ended.....!

Refer #664 -> *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/fight-clu...gion-everything-under-sun-23.html#post2042946

Seems like it just happened the way we saw! AAP+Congress alliance and Lokpal passed before Congress's expiry date. Anyways, here's a nice open letter to Kejriwal -> Open letter to Arvind Kejriwal - The Times of India

I hope he does not start "supporting" Amul Baby now or form some sort of friendship.

Kejriwal -> Batla House encounter fake, Ishrat Jahan was not a terrorist, don't hang Afzal Guru, Modi is communal (even after SC's SIT gave him clea chit and now another clean chit in the case of Gulberg)

Bhushan -> Kashmir should be separated, Indian army doing the killings in Kashmir, support for Naxal etc

I do hope these guys fix their loose nuts and develop some patriotic pro-India, National thoughts, realistic sense of administration then sayin "If bills are high, don't pay bills" or "tariff will be down by 50% else Tatas and Ambanis can leave the country" and more importantly this guy should stop acting like a kid, take up his security cover atleast and stop pretending to be great. :oops:

Anyways, wish them best of luck!

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
ok, glad that gay discussion ended.....!

Refer #664 -> *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/fight-clu...gion-everything-under-sun-23.html#post2042946

seems like it just happened the way we saw! Aap+congress alliance and lokpal passed before congress's expiry date. Anyways, here's a nice open letter to kejriwal -> open letter to arvind kejriwal - the times of india

i hope he does not start "supporting" amul baby now or form some sort of friendship.

Kejriwal -> batla house encounter fake, ishrat jahan was not a terrorist, don't hang afzal guru, modi is communal (even after sc's sit gave him clea chit and now another clean chit in the case of gulberg)

bhushan -> kashmir should be separated, indian army doing the killings in kashmir, support for naxal etc

i do hope these guys fix their loose nuts and develop some patriotic pro-india, national thoughts, realistic sense of administration then sayin "if bills are high, don't pay bills" or "tariff will be down by 50% else tatas and ambanis can leave the country" and more importantly this guy should stop acting like a kid, take up his security cover atleast and stop pretending to be great. :oops:

Anyways, wish them best of luck!

who is this @$$#0l(-??!?!?!?!?!!?
Plz send him to porkistan someone.

Top Bottom