• Others

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • I don't want to vote for any of them

Votes: 8 7.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Its my last post regarding this for the sake of Raabo's perspective. It is definitely about you reading the text for you to comment & be judgmental (you did come to the conclusion that these have no value) about it. Otherwise, its shear Ignorance. As I said earlier, the practices can be misguided but that doesn't do any harm to the religion for one can always go & read whether what is being followed is correct or not.
Tell me how many people can even read Sanskrit now. The common man. Which can go out and weigh the practices and cultural nuances vs. what the books actually cite. I am NOT being judgmental, so please be careful what you slap my arguments with. I have not come to the conclusion that they have not value, I believe they have no value. I doubt most Indians even know the names of the 4-ved books and what actually they hold and which is most archaic in nature in terms of creation. What I was saying: that religion slowly changes shape and is highly misconstrued in today's day and age. I myself have seen the Brahmin priests ask the gotra of a worshiper before he poured milk on the Shiv-ling. Is that written in the Vedic books. I do not know, nor do I care. But that is what religion has become today. Is that hard for you to understand...? Which means: those books have no value in today's world. Maybe for you, yes, or even for me (I love anthropology); for the common man NO. Most Indians abhor the keeping of Mahabharat text in the house. You can guess why..! When it is part of our culture/mythology. This is how aspects migrate and change.

And please stop giving ad hominems and strawmans; when I do not agree with you. It is annoying.

So, we're out of Luck or say Doomed because the present leadership doesn't seem to care enough about the economic situation. They want us to fight like this & garner votes on the basis of religion/ethnicity/caste.
Of course. Correct.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
This is indeed a crazy thread! :oops:

Indian Economy Going down or rather "Turmoil" :cool:.

I don't remember what were three laws of motion by Newton. Do I care? Obviously, No :-D.

Inspiring lines btw :cool:.
As fire is covered by smoke, as a mirror is covered by dust, or as the embryo is covered by the womb, the living entity is similarly covered by different degrees of this lust (lust,greed, jealousy etc). Thus the wise living entity's pure consciousness becomes covered by his eternal enemy in the form of lust, which is never satisfied and which burns like fire. The senses, the mind and the intelligence are the sitting places of this lust. Through them lust covers the real knowledge of the living entity and bewilders him. Therefore, O Arjuna, best of the Bhāratas, in the very beginning curb this great symbol of sin by regulating the senses, and slay this destroyer of knowledge and self-realization. (BG 3.38-41)
One who realizes the renunciation of action in activities and action in the renunciation of activities, he is spiritually intelligent among mankind, transcendentally situated a perfect performer of all actions. (BG 4.18)

mediator

Technomancer
:)

-----
Anyays, I hope this materializes => *timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/...summons-Sonia-Gandhi/articleshow/22283115.cms

and Swiss money is restored to India, hopefully, bouncing Indian economy to new heights. Btw, Robert vadra again disappeared from the news. Is it a trend/pattern that whenever Robert Vadra comes in the news, there is a new scam, a god man caught, a bomb explosion or a chinese/pak incursion?
:oops:

Last edited:

heidi2521

Padawan
:)

-----
Anyays, I hope this materializes => 1984 anti-Sikh riots: US court summons Sonia Gandhi - The Times of India

I hate to be defending a member of congress but I believe that the US should should just **** off in this instance. They cannot prosecute an indian citizen for crimes commited in india against other indian citizens. They have no jurisdiction on this. Debar her from entering your own country, sure but you cannot enforce your laws in another land.

And the United States hardly has any moral standing when it comes to human rights either.

I wonder how the americans would react if an Indian court issued summons to an american politician for comitting a crime against american citizens while in america.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@mediator,discipline by force is not only used by adharma but by dharma also & as for Indians never been able to understood this discipline the reason is because Indians never had any(even Britishers chose to look the other way regarding caste/sati/untouchability/child marriages etc unless backed by Indian leaders like ram mohan roy).

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Indian Economy Going down

Even a dictator would have a heart bigger than these scamster politicians. I'd like to risk it, personally, how much worse could it really get? Besides, the army also may have its problems, but overall they're more simple, aren't too religious minded and at least are trained to follow orders. Plus they're no nonsense when it comes to enforcing law.

No offence mediator, but look around you, try saying what you're saying to anyone on the street and they will laugh in your face. Like I said, religion may mean well, but who really understands of follows their religions in India? Most of India is populated with sheep following corrupt shepherds blindly, and can't even read, let alone understand the meanings behind any of the religions. Technology is my religion, and the only hope for mankind, as for India it can only work if the scams and scandals stop, and no matter which political party the sheep vote into power, those will not stop. Economy? I'm not worried about that, I'm worried about soon needing to buy weapons just to be able to defend myself and my family from idiots who fear nothing, and groups who overpower individuals. That's the reality... Drastic steps are needed. Advanced stage cancer needs strong radiation to cleanse, and we need nuclear war to wipe out half of us or a dictatorship to simply put the fear of life into everyone and make them toe the line. Even a warped line being toed is better than the utter chaos and lawlessness of today.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Agree with Raabo, Army should take leadership for a while to wipe off the dust that has gathered in govt offices/files/parliament.

mediator

Technomancer
@whitestar - Force is an integral part of dharma. Dharma is neither good or bad for these qualities are subjective in nature. The whole Mahabharat was a dharmic war, where force was used. But had everyone understood the ideals of dharma, perhaps war might never have happened! Dharma is just a term which beholds a profound vastness. For Karna, his dharma was limited to friendship, for Bhishma to his oath to protect Hastinapur. But from a higher level, they still sided with adharma. If your friend commits a crime, then no matter how great you are, if you still protect him or hide him, then you are simply siding with adharma. This does not in anyway mean wise men do not falter. Obviously they do! So you need to understand in what context I'm talking about dharma.

@Raaabo - I'm sure they'll laugh on my face. I'm rather afraid of those who never had science as their subject or pursued science actively but worship science blindly, chant science like some fashion and quote scientists just to make themselves look cool and scientific. But, a scientific mind who can dive into the depths of unknown transcending beyond of what he already knows, apathetic to the approval of others and unmoved by their herd mentality, is best suited to the study of consciousness.

The reality you propound is very much real. But do you think its a permanent fix? Even if a military rule is implemented what is the guarantee that the very seed which leads to what you call as "utter chaos and lawlessness of today" will also be eliminated? I gave the example of sharia for a reason. Much of the Islamic world is ruled by sharia, but still there is chaos where Shia is fighting Sunni Vs Ahmadi i.e fight amongst the various sects in Islam, random bomb explosion (for what?), rape of Burqa clad girls, high rate of depression and frustration etc. Perhaps, we are percieving from one angle i.e military rule and not various other external factors and most importantly the 'cause' of all that chaos!

O Arjuna the senses are so turbulent they can forcibly lead astray the mind of even a vigilant person of sound judgement. Keeping under control all the senses, the self controlled should meditate on Me (Supreme Consciousness); since for one whose senses have been brought under control is established in perfect knowledge. While concentrating on objects of the senses a person developes attachment to the sense objects; from attachment desires are born, from desire anger arises. From anger delusion occurs, from delusion bewilderment of memory, after forgetfulness of memory the loss of spiritual intelligence and losing spiritual intelligence one perishes. (Bg 2.60-63)

I know people will laugh, but only if it is said or taught in an incompatible way without measuring their level of understanding and patience. This forum is like turing test where I cannot really measure the level of understanding, patience and interest of the other person and hence the way in which I write may not appeal to everyone. But obviously, I can optimize my style if I know the person verbally as well.

The above quote wasn't a quantum physics. Was it? And thats the beauty of the Indian science that it has been provided in different formats which can appeal to wide variety of frameworks. Those who can understand as story, for them Purans are suited. Those who can understand it more directly, Upanishads are there. Those who want to take it higher and have a visualization as well of this adventurous journey, Veda is there. But Veda is much vast than the Upanishads or Purans. Those who like a oneness of the reality, advaita is there. Those who can understand through duality, dvaita is there. Those who want logic, nyaya and Vaisheshika and those who understand the language of perfection, Yoga is there. The path of all are same, even though they may seem contradictory from lower frameworks! A child has a fertile mind which if not harvested well starts becoming concrete with filters of ego and memory loss as one ages. And hence, every child must be taught this science which had been a pillar of the Indian tradition in the past and till today in many places.

@Asingh - You have got it all upside down. It is not because of Veda that a person will become wise. Veda is just a tool for those whose 'Agni' is not high enough and hence can utilize it, just like in the company of wise, even a foolish can change and improve!

Better is one's own law of works, swadharma, though in itself faulty than an alien law well wrought out; death in one's own law of being is better, perilous is it to follow an alien law ( BG 3.35)

This Self is not won by exegesis, nor by brain-power, nor by much learning of Scripture. Only by him whom It chooses can It be won; to him this Self unveils its own body. (manduka Upanishad 3.2.3, Page 145)

When thy intelligence shall cross beyond the whirl of delusion, then shalt thou become indifferent to Scripture heard or that which thou hast yet to hear. When thy intelligence which is bewildered by the Sruti, shall stand unmoving and stable in Samadhi, then shalt thou attain to Yoga. (BG 2.52-53)

Veda exist only because of science of consciousness and not vice versa, which in turn enables a foundation for lower material sciences. Do you really think that the knowledge of whole world, number of species, the infinite play of shakti and her dynamism etc can be recorded in 4 books? It is a flow (Ganga) which automatically passes when one reaches the highest stages of meditation or consciousness (Shiva) and hence he becomes a hearer of the heard (shruti), transcending beyond time and space. Hence, it is said that only Shiva is powerful enough to accomodate the flow of Ganga to let it flow in a way which would not destroy but rejuvenate the earth (where man is freed from the essence of karta/doer or karma/actions). Yes, high level of intuition is a siddhi achieved at such a stage which enables a person to have access to direct knowledge. Just like you cannot lift a 100 kg on chest at first visit to gym, similarly a man cannot achieve this science by default. If you lift heavy weight by jerks, it can destroy you. Similarly, many people are indeed intuitive where their mind is not strongly developed to accomodate that intuition and often gets distorted by chaos of the conditioned and uncontrolled mind and hence attachment to such intuition can make them look like mad!

Thus Veda is indeed written by humans but not a human level rather at a non-human or super-human level of awareness. This nullifies the lowly argument whether it is written by human or a "God". Therefore, it is not necessary for one to know sanskrit or Veda. The path of karma-Yoga (perfection in actions), bhakti-yog (perfection in devotion and surrender of ego) and gyaan-yog (perfection of knowledge) seem different but lead to the same destiny!

Words are themselves a limitation and so is the mind. But, IMO, Sanskrit is the perfect language which can incorporate this science in closest way as possible.

Here is the text of Zend Avesta => *www.persiandna.com/litav_atash_niya.htm
Hymns to Agni which draws close parallels to that in Veda. If you have even a little bit knowledge of sanskrit, you'd find same sanskrit words in the Avestan language as well where putra is modified to puthra, pancha (five) is used as it is, mitra -> mithra and words from sanskrit grammar. The only difference remains that deva and asura have been reversed here. :-D

Anyways, You may read a few -> Predictions of Sri Aurobindo | Integral Yoga of Sri Aurobindo & The Mother

The above science is not registered or approved by "modern material science", obviously how can that which resides in time and space know that which is beyond time and space? Like @Raaabo said, you are free to laugh at it!

Last edited:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
@Asingh - You have got it all upside down. It is not because of Veda that a person will become wise. Veda is just a tool for those whose 'Agni' is not high enough and hence can utilize it, just like in the company of wise, even a foolish can change and improve!

Better is one's own law of works, swadharma, though in itself faulty than an alien law well wrought out; death in one's own law of being is better, perilous is it to follow an alien law ( BG 3.35)

This Self is not won by exegesis, nor by brain-power, nor by much learning of Scripture. Only by him whom It chooses can It be won; to him this Self unveils its own body. (manduka Upanishad 3.2.3, Page 145)

When thy intelligence shall cross beyond the whirl of delusion, then shalt thou become indifferent to Scripture heard or that which thou hast yet to hear. When thy intelligence which is bewildered by the Sruti, shall stand unmoving and stable in Samadhi, then shalt thou attain to Yoga. (BG 2.52-53)

Veda exist only because of science of consciousness and not vice versa, which in turn enables a foundation for lower material sciences. Do you really think that the knowledge of whole world, number of species, the infinite play of shakti and her dynamism etc can be recorded in 4 books? It is a flow (Ganga) which automatically passes when one reaches the highest stages of meditation or consciousness (Shiva) and hence he becomes a hearer of the heard (shruti), transcending beyond time and space. Hence, it is said that only Shiva is powerful enough to accomodate the flow of Ganga to let it flow in a way which would not destroy but rejuvenate the earth (where man is freed from the essence of karta/doer or karma/actions). Yes, high level of intuition is a siddhi achieved at such a stage which enables a person to have access to direct knowledge. Just like you cannot lift a 100 kg on chest at first visit to gym, similarly a man cannot achieve this science by default. If you lift heavy weight by jerks, it can destroy you. Similarly, many people are indeed intuitive where their mind is not strongly developed to accomodate that intuition and often gets distorted by chaos of the conditioned and uncontrolled mind and hence attachment to such intuition can make them look like mad!

Thus Veda is indeed written by humans but not a human level rather at a non-human or super-human level of awareness. This nullifies the lowly argument whether it is written by human or a "God". Therefore, it is not necessary for one to know sanskrit or Veda. The path of karma-Yoga (perfection in actions), bhakti-yog (perfection in devotion and surrender of ego) and gyaan-yog (perfection of knowledge) seem different but lead to the same destiny!

Words are themselves a limitation and so is the mind. But, IMO, Sanskrit is the perfect language which can incorporate this science in closest way as possible.

Here is the text of Zend Avesta => PersianDNA™  [KHORDEH AVESTA] Niyayesh: Atash (Litany to Fire)
Hymns to Agni which draws close parallels to that in Veda. If you have even a little bit knowledge of sanskrit, you'd find same sanskrit words in the Avestan language as well where putra is modified to puthra, pancha (five) is used as it is, mitra -> mithra and words from sanskrit grammar. The only difference remains that deva and asura have been reversed here. :-D

Anyways, You may read a few -> Predictions of Sri Aurobindo | Integral Yoga of Sri Aurobindo & The Mother

The above science is not registered or approved by "modern material science", obviously how can that which resides in time and space know that which is beyond time and space? Like @Raaabo said, you are free to laugh at it!

I really did not understand what you are saying. Sorry I am, dumb.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
No need to know pali or ardhamagadhi for reading scriptures directly, translations are available in every language

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Indian Economy Going down

I would prefer people who read scriptures translate those into their own words instead of just quoting. It's easy to talk in tongues and doublespeak and hint at answers, but again it's really no different from people quoting science without understanding. If you can understand, you can explain in your own words, and in the common language that everyone uses, in a nice orderly and logical fashion.

I have nothing against the scriptures of any religion, but to me they seem nothing more than good quotes, because so many of the sayings expressed contradict each other. Trying to use the words that someone said thousands or hundreds of years ago to relate to the problems of today would be a bit like asking Edison to explain the iPhone to you. They have their place in belief, for sure, but practicality demands that we open our eyes and look about us at reality instead of being stuck in culture. If we go by tradition, we also have to accept Sati and Dowry, or go back to the Kamasutra, etc. All of the patriarchal rubbish of old is whats got us to this point to begin with, where were genuinely worried about wives, sisters, mothers and daughters when they go out.

As for the army rule idea, it's drastic, but cannot be compared to Arab nations because the army has no religion except order. If a Hindu soldier is ordered to open fire on Hindu demonstrators, he will, ditto for a Muslim soldier. They're bred to put the nation first, and give importance only to a commander's orders. Sure a dictator, or panel of dictators wouldn't control everything, but it certainly wouldn't be religion driven, or divided based on that. Would all corruption stop, of course not, but it might reduce. Would rape and murder not happen anymore, of course not, but there would be more fear of punishment, because punishment would be swifter. No solution can ever be perfect, obviously, and we cannot end suffering, but I would rather be governed by the same army that rushed to uttrakhand to save lives by risking their own, than by politicians who showed up there for photo ops, and those who claimed to have "saved" thousands in half an hour. But hey, that's just me, and I don't expect people to agree with me, I just want to state my opinion publicly as an option that I feel is better than just electing the same party back, or another new bunch of crooks.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
I think I know why this thread is going crazy. Its because we are technical people who don't know much about economics & we are better with technology. Bankers or economists are more suited to talk about CPI/WPI/RupeeDepreciation/ForexMarket/RBI/SEBI/G-Secs/MonetaryPolicy/Equity/Sensex, etc. rather than us trying to be economic nerds. Not a single post mentioned the newly appointed RBI Governor's steps & its apparent consequences or a discussion over the food security bill when the economy is in turmoil. So, the diversion or craziness was inevitable or it could be that we just diverted a lot!

Last edited:

mediator

Technomancer
@Raaabo - And your entire post is exactly the reason why the science of consciousness is the need of the hour. The entire divine song (Bhagav-Geet) is a summary of RigVeda, IMO and here I'm trying to put it in my words as clearly as possible with references, and similarities and differences as compared to modern material science (Science Vs God debate).

People looking for good quotes is more like a giant elephant being percieved by different people differently. Some viewing the tail, some the trunk, some legs etc and in their individual limited researches based on their past conditionings and lack of detachment of what they already know, unable to find the complete picture and hence the contradictions!

You treat technology as your religion and still you treat this knowledge which is based on the very foundation of the same truth as 'archaic, irrelevant, belief, divorced from practicality' etc?

Testimonials and briefings of all the revolutionary modern scientists influenced and inspired by the "belief" -> Eminent Supporters and Upholders of Hinduism

Please read the history of Ken Wilber and where his consciousness studies has been derived from, tesla and his science, Heisenberg etc. I could go on. It is with such thinking only that we fail to realize our history and contributions, unable to go beyond NCERT and then praise Edmond Hillary as the first to conquer Everest, ignoring the help provided by the local sherpas and their family who live there and keep climbing it on a regular basis or when they want. It seems you have made some solid assumptions without even giving it the same time that you give to technology.

Regarding Sati and Dowry, please understand their history and "how and where" they originated => Hindu Wisdom - Women in Hinduism

Yes Sati and Dowry should go. But more than Burqa on the girl, it should be a burqa on the mind, and hence mind control and detachment to desires rather being a subject of slavery to them.

So I tried to put in my own words which was missed and my post dissected totally.

mediator said:
Veda exist only because of science of consciousness and not vice versa, which in turn enables a foundation for lower material sciences.

Stuck to modern material science only, can we ever explain how the sages knew about the sun and distance from earth, revolution of earth, other planets, the cosmos, the ayurveda, the nature of different plants? Do we really think that the sages conducted experiments on rats to develop medicine for humans? Like I said before, science of consciousness is as vast one. I have only concentrated and expressed in the best words possible!

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRRpUuiPSQY

This seems to be a Dejavu of the "Science Vs God" discussion. You can read more of my replies post#1636 onwards and save me from repeating. I can only request you to give atleast 5 years to this science of consciousness before you make your next statement.

Now, I haven't heard of a hindu soldier doing it, but are you sure muslim soldier will fire at muslim demonstrators?
Archived Blog: Muslim Soldier Refuses Deployment
Austria: Muslim Soldiers Refuse to Salute Flag | The Brussels Journal

In India alone we see Muslims doing this show of incompatibility with Vande Mataram. What are your views on it? You really think all muslim soldiers will do as you assume or 'believe'? Nation first or religion first? You are talking high about practicality which is good. No offence, but now I'm starting to see wild assumptions and attachment to your own beliefs which are too divorced from reality.

Like I have briefed before, its not the tags of 'Hindu' or 'Muslim' but the kind of air that the mind is breathing and the nourishment it is getting! If people can transcend beyond the tags of religion that they have blindly accepted, then it will become even better!

Last edited:

mediator

Technomancer
The Indian science doesn't talk of God at all. Yes God and religion are two different things! Even science is treated like a religion, modern scientists as Gods by many and for some technology is religion. For some Sachin is a God and for some cricket is their religion. Here God can mean anything - an inspiration, a unproclaimed or self-proclaimed leader of the masses etc. If its just an inspiration, then you can call also your own father as your god. Similarly religion can also mean anything - interest, tapasya etc depending upon its usage.

And hence I often say, to keep the sanskrit comprehension for words like karma, dharma etc limited to itself or its immediate forks like Hindi etc for words get distorted (dharma is seen as a religion when in reality they are contrary to each other for basic usage) often when translated to English and those who live in the world of English have little clue to the wider frameworks that sanskrit present in every way starting from the root letters itself. E.g T/D/B etc in hindi/sanskrit is collection of two root sounds. For a better understanding Indians (those who know Hindi or forks of Sanskrit) need to redo the mapping from English to Hindi/Sanskrit and verify its usage and meaning and if it fits completely.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@mediator,no offence but i am getting tired of your wall of posts quoting scriptures & playing around with words/metaphysical terms instead of simply expressing your views in plain language.i read & understood every word you posted yet but that does not mean i prefer it that way.i do know hindi,studied sanskrit & read many mythological scriptures but i don't use that knowledge in posting here because i know the situation here does not warrant it.communication is a 2 way process & a message which goes over the head of another is no better than no message at all.message of gita is there because Arjun understood it else there was no point.i suggest you to work upon your communication skills because the way i see it i can express all you have written here so far in 1/4th of words in a language which any average person here will be able to understand.

@theterminator,i know i am in minority here(i do have knowledge about a wide range of subjects including economics) & i agree with you.to meaningfully post in such economical debates you must have at least 4-6 months formal background in economics along with good reading habits regarding economic & general issues.

mediator

Technomancer
@whitestar - My posts regarding this subject are not meant for you. Like I said,

mediator said:
This forum is like turing test where I cannot really measure the level of understanding, patience and interest of the other person and hence the way in which I write may not appeal to everyone. But obviously, I can optimize my style if I know the person verbally as well.
Britishers understood and reduced this poetry literally to cows, horses, treasure and some plant (soma) which provides immortality and called Indians as uncivilized and barbaric.

Different explanations and ways have been given to understand this as I already detailed. But not many will understand. How many understand 'modern material science' alone to be questioning it from their own understanding?

It doesn't really matter how many quotes I put forward or how many scriptures one reads for the sake of reading or debating. If there is no interest or enthusiasm, then probably you are better off. The human-will takes its own time, some are naturally drawn in their old age and some while they are still young and when their infatuation with the material fades away. Much of the terminology I have put is new to almost everyone for they have ignored it for long and never drawn a curiosity towards it.

So I request you to ignore my posts on higher science. :oops:

Last edited:

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
@mediator,no offence but i am getting tired of your wall of posts quoting scriptures & playing around with words/metaphysical terms instead of simply expressing your views in plain language.i read & understood every word you posted yet but that does not mean i prefer it that way.i do know hindi,studied sanskrit & read many mythological scriptures but i don't use that knowledge in posting here because i know the situation here does not warrant it.communication is a 2 way process & a message which goes over the head of another is no better than no message at all.message of gita is there because Arjun understood it else there was no point i suggest you to work upon your communication skills because the way i see it i can express all you have written here so far in 1/4th of words in a language which any average person here will be able to understand.

@theterminator,i know i am in minority here(i do have knowledge about a wide range of subjects including economics) & i agree with you.to meaningfully post in such economical debates you must have at least 4-6 months formal background in economics along with good reading habits regarding economic & general issues.

This I of yours, as i have met before as well, is shadowing your so-called wisdom in an epic scale and not letting it show as you claim to have... grow up and confide in your strength of knowledge rather than boasting of it. Just because a context of a credibly rich post is incomprehensible to you, does not mean its crappy.

Every subject is open to diversify and then again converge in its own gravity, if its worthy enough, and not to mention, this forum, its members and their lenience towards interactivity has so far encouraged it.

Everywhere its true....and who says we need a P. Chidambaram to discuss economical downswing? half the internet is full of informations like white paper policy, gold valuation etc..etc which any one can grab, read and easily understand the reason and discuss...

...i sincerely believe....living in this cyber-age and claiming.... that "one need to be severely heedful on some common subject"...can only post/discuss here, is under-education. There are still many articles written on "how to improve comprehension skills" out there...try some...

Top Bottom