• Others

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • I don't want to vote for any of them

Votes: 8 7.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

funskar

Padawan
LOL Wat? I was born in Delhi dude, and my ancestors had been living here since as far as I remember.

And honestly, last 7 years I haven't faced ANY major power shortages, max 6 hours in total a year, or rarely 6 hours in a single day even when they are working on the transformers.

Not sure if you live on the outskirts and call yourself a Delhiite, but I live in North Delhi and there are no such major issues here EXCEPT for slum areas.

@Funkar

I don't give a damn **** about SRK, he isn't going to lead my country or my city, or even a small village. But I do care who leads the country, I for one ofcourse don't want Manmohan Singh as PM anymore but I can't accept Modi either as BJP comes with him.

Even if Manmohan Singh is to be picked again, my hands are tied as Delhi belongs to Sheila and honestly I and every true Delhiite believes that she's doing tremendous work here.

While modi might be a vaccine, BJP is a curse to India.

You looks to be noobart again a noob point .. i have got only 6 hours power cut in a year..
And Isn't a lady at reputed post like sheila should dance on honey singh's non veg songs at hilton ..

Do you know that about your sheila madam:-D ..

And sheila is same like sonia
sonia- rahul-robert
sheila-sandip
cwg scam ...

You have to give damn about srk becuase ur sisters gf watch his films .. First go & stop them from watching his films.. then do write sh*t that Us has issues with etc..
And all of fellow countrymen's will not think that a guy who judge's pm for his country after a clean chit from US or a big no if US has issues do care for his country ...
Just grow up re ..

The only way I'd vote for someone else in Delhi is very controversial, that is ONLY and ONLY if they limit the migration of people from other states to our Delhi. Like people from other states require a Visa or such to come to Delhi, its very much needed as of late

You are acting like raj thakrey ..
A visa for indians to move from one to another state in their own country..
You look's like really a 18yr old adult who still wear's diaper ..

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
So back to quote-by-quote :oops:

@Rhitwick - There is a reason, why almost entire developed community/countries, business and people want Modi and admire Modi. You ask what about 15 years of Modi, I say he created a diamond out of some coal which was earlier mostly ruled by Congress. Same situation in MP, where Gujarat has become an exporter of food, energy and good jobs, people enjoying a flourishing river which was given in an almost dead state to him.
Let me tell you one thing Modi is to Gujrat what Chandrababu Naidu was to Andhra. Only urban development. No rural development. Benefits to businessmen only.

Its not about Sonia's "debits and credits" only, but why exactly Sonia went to US and Swiss during Anna's and Ramdev's anshan, what did she do
I don't see the point here. Why do you want to know so badly what she did there?
If Sonia's travel to US and Sweden is so crucial to you, why not file a RTI?

why doesn't she discloses her IT returns?
RTI.

Even Obama doesn't enjoy such a freedom in the name of freedom and democracy.
Meaningless point. One side you do not want USA's approval for Modi's superiority on the other hand you compare Sonia to Obama. No fair.

We really do not know anything about her, her Amul Baby, her daughter, her Damaad, their education status, verification of it, do they still have Italian citizenship. Do you know why she had to quit her earlier PM post?
So, ask. Get your queries addressed.
If you want an autobiography of Sonia along with her children, I'm not sure they are writing one yet.
Apart from the mockery. I again don't see the point of these question here. Could you please explain what all aspects you want to be enlightened about Sonia and her children and relatives.
And, do you think you have rights to know that. Do you think any of your question might invade their privacy?

Don't you think its a high time we should stop conniving with the "chalta hai attitude" and an excuse "If they did, so let others do it as well"?
Not "Chalta Hai" but an example that everyone used CBI when in power. BJP did nothing different when it was in power. So, the point you raised 'Congress controlling CBI' is invalid and you just can't claim it would be resolved if BJP comes to power again, irrespective of the person in PM's chair.

Talking about farmer's suicides - Has it reduced or grown? If grown by how much? Why farmer committed suicides? Showing simple statistics does not mean much. For that matter here are the statistics for Maharasthra and Andhra, the leader in farmer suicides.

Farm suicide trends in 2012 remain dismal - The Hindu

Do note the year, which governments were in power. Whether they were elected newly or stayed for some years when this was reported.
Again, not debating if less or more. It was mentioned just to prove everything isn't that good in Gujraat too. Gujraat is as suffered by issues as any other state in the country.

Please list the scams where Modi is in power.
No info on that. May be you are right.

Perhaps you can list scams with BJP then and I will list you the scams when SOnia is the head of Party, MMS is the PM and Amul Baby the VP/General secretary.

Lesser evil? So be it! Lets analyze.
"Lesser evil"...I'm right, am I not?
Modi is just CM of a certain state. When in power he would be controlled by BJP governing body.
I still remember in times of Bajpayee, Bajpayee to had to apologize for criticizing BJP. Similar thing would happen with Modi. Mark my word today.

You hate Modi perhaps because of his arrogance and I hate MMS for his cowardice, silence and lack of understanding of grass root level and reality. MMS, Monetk and Chidambaram... who really still believes that an "oxford certificate" can save India? Rather, I like Modi because of his arrogance, provocations towards Congress something we see in use against China, Pakistan etc as well. A leader needs to tough and take decisive actions unlike a Maun-vrati PM who needs to consult the Italians on every matter. What do Congress do, (Salman Khurshid) -> "I would love to live in Beijing". Instead of developing your own country, you eat it like a termite and insult it abroad? Yes Modi doesn't need a Visa, nor he ever applied for one like media keeps on glorifying it like a certificate. But he will create Visas for Americans and thats the attitude we need.
In this bolded part, I guess you posted just as a figure-of-speech but really…Americans really need VISAs to enter India. ;)
Thinking of which, I guess, Amul Baby is stil is wanted in US when he was caught red handed at boston airport with unexplained cash and daughter of druglord!
And, no ‘wanted in India’ netas in BJP?
Again, not a competition on owns most of such netas rather just to point out none is as pure as they claim to be.

Yes, 26/11 happened, Intelligence warnings were given, but ignored. Which govt/party was in centre and state? Similarly Uttarakhand floods happened repeated warnings were given to the Congress govt. Why did not the take appropriate measures? Amar Jawan in Mumbai was destroyed and hundreds of "secular" people according to the definition of Congress, cam with weapons and went away. No charges, no imprisonments!
Kargil happened at whose leadership?
Kandahar flight abduction?
Again, no competition just to point out none is spared of failure.
Till date I’m not convinced if BJP with Modi as PM is a proper alternative to Congress in power.

Regarding Gujarat riots, who started the riots? Why congress ignored the role of its own cadres? => Cong silent on cadres linked to Guj riots - Times Of India

So I compared to Godhra, listed Congress's role in it and came back to question you to who are you to call Modi a killer when SIT committe itself and higher courts have given a clean chit to Modi, unlike the case of Congress in 1984 riots? Are you above the courts or SIT committee?
On one hand you don’t trust CBI raids and enquiries and blame them controlled by Congress and on the other hand you defend Modi’s innocence with report of a committee of same Govt. Why?
I don’t trust CBI nor the SIT. The case is still unresolved

If you seriously do not wish to see this happen at a large scale in our country, then goto the root cause of the problems. Discuss what the religious books are teaching you. Give them benefit of doubt and research again from different authors and different explanations. Identify what is being discussed in Madrassas, why reservation is being given in the name of religion, what is secularism, where it started and why and actively voice against unrighteous activities instead of ignoring it.

Let me do a briefing.

Secularism rose in Europe to draw a line between Church and progress of the state, so that the Church does not interfere in the progress of the state. Biblical framework taught flat earth theory, Earth Being the centre of the universe and Universe being created on 4004 BC 9 am, Tuesday! For this everywhere Biblical framework was seen as a frame of reference and hence when Max Muller arrived in India, he taught Rigveda cannot be older than the Bible and gave a date 1500 BC.

Watch -> Dwarka, India - 12,000 Year Old City of Lord Krishna Found - *Full* - YouTube

Many recent surveys are only debunking the claims of earlier indologists and western historians where the history of India was undermined and ignored where it is said that if India is explored, then it might change the entire world's history!

Back again, Galileo was threatened for questioning the Church as he was of a scientific mindset. Same goes for Princess Hypatia, a mathematician and a philosopher.

Remember, philosophy and religion are poles apart for philosophy is the mother of science and questioning the Abrahamic lords is considered a blasphemy, often leading to death in the earlier ADs and even till now. With the advent of Secularism, asking religion was banned during school interviews, academics, job applications etc.

The questions you need to ask is

1. if India has blindly borrowed a western idea of secularism, then why is religion, cast etc asked in jobs applications, entrance exams etc?

2. Why reservation is being given based on religion in a so called "secular country"?

3. Muslims must have first claim on resources: PM - Times Of India

4. Why a special privilege given to a certain group whose population is 20% of the National one and 2nd highest in the world and still called a minority?

Further, regarding secularism, it is applicable to the lands where religion suppresses the freedom of people and their indivduality and imposes and common boring code of conduct! But in India, we never had terms lie Hinduism, Sikhism, Buddhism, Jainism etc.

Who divided the Indians as "Hindus, Jains, Buddhists, Sikhs" for all these (mahavira, buddha, 10 gurus of sikh, 1000s of rishis for Upanishads/Veda/Puranas/Tantras) are gurus orginating from India? Even before these gurus, there existed many other gurus like Parashuram, Dronacharya, Kripacharya? Have we ever heard of terms like Dronacharyaism, Parashuramaism etc? Have we heard of Aurobindoism, Vivekanandism, SriSri Ravishankrism?

You can't help but laugh at the utter stupidity of a mindset who created these terminologies, mapped them as "religion" and those who blindly followed without questioning it.

Buddha was adored for questioning the corrupt practices of those who called themselves as Brahmins, practiced by birth system, distorted Vedic Science wrapped in the layers of metaphors, riddles and poetry, literally to cows and horses and then practicing animal killing in the name of Vedas. He wasn't burnt or killed like Galileo and Princess Hypatia and the women who practiced science and were called as witches!

Vedic science, administration, music, creativity, military is a part of one great knowledge where questioning your own beliefs was considered as primary and Atma-gyaan (self-realization based on perfect mind control and detachment from actions while still performing actions) were the ideals. Is Secularism even applicable to such Indian working?

The greatness of the Indian science makes secularism look like a joke where the terms 'Hindu Dharma', 'Buddha dharma' sound like oxymorons! Imagine tomorrow people saying 'Aurobindo dharma', 'Vivekananda dharma', 'Ravishankar Dharma'. You can only laugh!

Difference between Religion and Dharma, for starters : Dharma and Religion -

Back to square one : What is a secular party and why is teaching of the Indian history and pro-India sentiments seen as communal?
You know “Baba Saheb Ambedkar” is the burning example that the so called Indian knowledge and ‘atma-gyaan’ was a failure.
A particular group of people were getting benefits where few were being crushed as ever.
Why do you think our constitution is not based on any religion or texts of any ancient scriptures? And, India always had this diversity of people of different beliefs.
This diversity was not created by some outsiders. It was there, always.
To rule India whichever party is in power must and must respect and all people equal. It does not matter if a certain kind of religion is having majority here or a certain kind as minority.
And, we had had a great debate on caste and reservation in TDF ago. Please don’t start that here again. Reservation was not started that easily and won’t be abolished just because ‘YOU’ don’t find any logic in it.
There are people who are being benefitted by the reservation system.
And, one phrase I found you used here “….boring code of conduct…”. Its very dangerous thought process. You just can’t ignore law just because it seems ‘boring’ and meaningless to ‘YOU’. A law is not created just by someone’s whim, in a democracy like India its passed with everyone’s agreement and with much debate.

I have never seen Modi talking about Islamic or Hindu terrorism, or Hindu or Islam etc. He only says one thing : "Mere 6 crore Gujarati"

There is Modi for PM page on FB with latest updates about Modi and Gujarat, something not shown by the paid media.
Yeah, and there is Feku Claims | FekuExpress too.
Someone is lying here, right?

India is a country which openly welcomed the invaders who initially came with a message of peace. Vasudaiv kutumbakam is an Vedic experience which lacks religion, cast etc but only sees the people according to their nature and their profession.

Brahmin - Teachers, Doctors, Engineers etc
KShatriyas - Soldiers, Warriors,
Vaishyas - Business class
Shudras - People involved with lower jobs

Secularism cannot take priority over India herself. India involves Indian history, Indian art, Indian creativity, Indian science etc. Therefore, to appease a section of society called as "minority", one cannot undermine that Indianness! Surprisingly, this promotion of Indianness is what is being projected as communal and people becoming a subject of inferiority complex and dumbfound cowardice where they fear to talk and promote that Indianness with their muslims friend in discussion thinking he might feel bad.
I beg to differ here.
You are telling the scriptures were written keeping ‘India’ in mind. This is not Indianness. You just can’t point out and say this particular thing is from original and ancient India. When ‘India’ was not invaded by any other race. This particular scripture or ritual is pure Indian. You can’t, you know.
Why? Because at that time there was no ‘India’. India is a new concept. The nation was not even in its preset from. The maps and territories marked for different countries were different then.
Refer here : The Formation of India:
(You are free to read the whole text but I would recommend you to start from para 4)
After each invasion the then country got rich by new cultures. New people and new religious beliefs. For a long time ‘India’ has walked with different people of different beliefs. In modern it was really required to give equal rights to everyone.
Talking about any particular religion is not bad. But bragging and claiming it’s the best is not proper.

Like I asked, how can teaching of Gita, a science of consciousness, an Indian science be communal? Like I said, secularism is for religion, not for creativity, philosophy and science (Vedic poetry, Upanishadic riddles, Bhagvad-Geet, higher science presented in the form of idols and puranic stories)
Teachings of Gita are not communal but if that’s the only thing you teach then its communal. If you want to teach scriptures of a particular religion why not include all.
Bible, Buddhism texts etc.
Basically refer all these Religious text - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Introduce all these in teaching. Don’t play favorites. If its teaching why not teach everything and let the disciples chose what to follow.

it doesn't mean sycophancying with those demanding their own code of conduct, a separate land, a separate reservation tag.
That happened only one time. And those who were responsible for deciding India’s fate agreed to that. I wish that does not repeat.
And in present situation it won’t happen.
And, if any such incident happen if Modi is in Power, how do you think Modi would handle it. Like he did in Gujraat?
A PM can’t play favorites. No, he can’t.
He, and if not ‘he’ the party must have a secular mindset.

Really 4 people voted for Rahul Gandhi, the prince charming! ThinkDigit is really booming with intellectual people. :oops:
There were only those three options!
And, Neither BJP and nor Congress has officially declared their PM candidate.

If I were in congress I would just offer Nitish Kumar to join Congress and offer him PM post. Sonia had already refused PM in interest of India and the sentiment of the mass, I guess she would not mind again.
And, this would be a killer move even politically by Congress!

lakeport

Banned
why do people have a problwm with BJP? Do you realize that without the collective efforts of all BJP members, there'd be no narendra modi?

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
I think you really don't understand the concept of 'choke points'. I'll still try though.

Imagine there is school of 10000 students and catches fire all around and there is a small corridor which can also catch fire. Do you think, if the students behave and walk in a civilized manner, can they, escape from the fire? What is solution, if in your humble opinion, they can't? Trust me, at 6-7 pm not many people coming from office have the energy to fight, show off or drive in an uncivilized way.
:shock: :shock:
This can't be India. You do know, by "civilized" I mean driving in lanes, following traffic signals etc. I guess you mistook "uncivilized" for drifting, racing etc. There maybe some such points, I'm unaware of that but the fact remains the same that is most(if not all) jams are created because we Indians cannot drive.

I surrender, if you still don't understand.
Sorry I don't understand 1+1 = 4. :/

Pessimism is not a correct answer to the discussion we are in!
Baseless hope is?

Edit: I'm sure you haven't seen that link.

KyleSforza

Banned
You looks to be noobart again a noob point .. i have got only 6 hours power cut in a year..
And Isn't a lady at reputed post like sheila should dance on honey singh's non veg songs at hilton ..

Do you know that about your sheila madam:-D ..

And sheila is same like sonia
sonia- rahul-robert
sheila-sandip
cwg scam ...

You have to give damn about srk becuase ur sisters gf watch his films .. First go & stop them from watching his films.. then do write sh*t that Us has issues with etc..
And all of fellow countrymen's will not think that a guy who judge's pm for his country after a clean chit from US or a big no if US has issues do care for his country ...
Just grow up re ..

You are acting like raj thakrey ..
A visa for indians to move from one to another state in their own country..
You look's like really a 18yr old adult who still wear's diaper ..

Take a look at your posts and mine, we'll find out who needs to adapt a mature behaviour.

You can't even spell man..

And neither my gf nor any of my sisters are interested in watching SRK films ;)

Okay those people who are against Congress in Delhi tell me, who do you think would be perfect for the job? There's NO ONE, No one who can replace her!

And I honestly would LOVE it if someone from Thakrey family runs for the Delhi CM :D

mediator

Technomancer
@Rhitiwck -

I don't know if you have been watching CNN-IBN and NDTV kind of news channels (named in CAG report on CWG) but Gujarat is close to achieving an all round growth. It is not only urban but also rural and growth of muslims often shown in bad light by the media.

Read this -> Media blind to Gujarat

news said:
“This translates into people in rural areas of these states having less amount of disposable income to buy food or other necessities as against those in Gujarat.

Moreover, in terms of the income of the bottom 20% people (consumers with the lowest income) of the income pyramid too, Gujarat fared well compared to other large states.

The number of people from Gujarat in this bracket was just 17,000, as against the national average of 43,000. Even the percentage of Gujarat’s rural population that falls in this income bracket is lower. Here, 5% rural people figure in the bottom of the pyramid, compared to 6% in Bihar and Tamil Nadu. In urban areas of the state, the number is just 10,000 or 4.5% of the total estimated urban population. In comparison, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Bihar, Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan have higher numbers of urban poor.

Further, there are less people in the top 20% (consumers with highest income) of the pyramid in Gujarat, as well. With 88,000 people in urban areas of the state falling in this category, Gujarat ranks the lowest when compared to Maharashtra, Karnataka, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu or Madhya Pradesh.

With a higher number of people at the top of the pyramid being in rural areas, the spread of economic growth in the state is not only limited to urban centres.”

If you really think nobody filed an RTI to for Sonia's IT returns, then I guess missed another peace of important news. Read this -> Sonia Gandhi cites privacy, refuses to disclose info on I-T returns - Times Of India

RTI_News said:
Chennai-based RTI activist V Gopalakrishnan had sought details of her I-T returns from the year 2000-2001 to 2010-2011. The assistant commissioner of income tax, New Delhi, who is also the chief public information officer (CPIO), wrote to the UPA chairperson on January 23 as per Section 11 of the RTI Act, 2005, seeking her response to the application. In her reply, Sonia said disclosure of such private information to third parties in guise of transparency in public life would amount to unwarranted invasion of the individual's privacy. The information submitted to the I-T department by an individual was confidential and private in nature and cannot be disclosed as per Section 138 of the Income Tax Act, 1961, she said.

So basically Sonia wants IT returns of Ramdev, Anna Hazare, Kejriwal or anyone who oppose her to be on public display, but she cannot respect RTI when she is on the receiving end?

rhitwick said:
Meaningless point. One side you do not want USA's approval for Modi's superiority on the other hand you compare Sonia to Obama. No fair.
On one hand Obama is the head of the world's strongest country and his whereabouts are not private and SOnia is not even the head of Nation but party and still her whereabouts are private most of the times? It is not about Modi's superiority, but hypocricy of UPA govt! On the other hand, US Visa certificate is toally different issue, which I'm suprised that people find it "a factor" for National elections. But personally I want a leader who shall make Indian into a diamond where American would line for an Indian Visa! The points are totally different and not something to be tried through the same prism.

rhitwick said:
Not "Chalta Hai" but an example that everyone used CBI when in power. BJP did nothing different when it was in power. So, the point you raised 'Congress controlling CBI' is invalid and you just can't claim it would be resolved if BJP comes to power again, irrespective of the person in PM's chair.
I haven't seen a situation under BJP where CBI and other bodies are used against people who voice for the Nation (Anna, Ramdev etc). Can you please tell all the cases that you know of where CBI is used by BJP against its opponents and common man more importantly? Can you tell if BJP committed a scam and used CBI to manipulate evidence (e.g Coalgate) or where BJP used CBI to draw support on Bill (e.g CBi against SP on foodbill?)?

I would really like to know the extent of misuse of CBI under BJP.

rhitwick said:
Again, not debating if less or more. It was mentioned just to prove everything isn't that good in Gujraat too. Gujraat is as suffered by issues as any other state in the country.
You don't understand the gravity of the situation. You talked about RTI, I gave RTI. You talked about rural, I gave news about rural. You talked about farmers suicide I talked of it as well as to which state showed a decreases and which state recorded the highest. Obviously, there will be issues in Gujarat, issues which can never be completely erased like crime and perhaps farmers suicides. Like I told reasons can be many like crop failure, loan non-payment, stress etc.

The lesser of the two evils you speak and yet you support Amul Baby who cannot speak anything at all heading a party who rules only to commit scams and communal riots, andhra and Mahrasthra with the highest number of farmer suicides?

rhitiwck said:
Modi is just CM of a certain state. When in power he would be controlled by BJP governing body.
I still remember in times of Bajpayee, Bajpayee to had to apologize for criticizing BJP. Similar thing would happen with Modi. Mark my word today.
Right now it is not BJP who is controlling Modi, but vice versa! If you see through my eyes, its not even Modi who is controlling BJP, but a collective consciousness of people who see a star, someone who can do and trust he will do and hence have created a certain expectation that BJP has been forced to promote Modi which in turn has given added responsibility to Modi who is just trying to do his duties corresponding to those responsibilities (If you understand Bhagvada-Gita, you'd understand what I'm talking about - selfless service without any 'I'). No my friend Modi doesn't work for money (for he doesn't have much), he also left his family long time back but he still meets them, he doesn't want a US visa for never applied for one, like I said and you ignored, he is just a wanderer who is doing selfless service to the Nation as it comes and as people expect from him!

rhitwick said:
In this bolded part, I guess you posted just as a figure-of-speech but really…Americans really need VISAs to enter India
You truly underestimate your own country. Just calcuate the Indian money in Swiss alone and then add the development and proper renovation of Indian sites (temples, architectures etc) which are spread in thousands of different places and not given the attention they deserve. You have taken India for granted for her miseries and US for her fancies. You have no idea what India can become!

rhitwick said:
And, no ‘wanted in India’ netas in BJP?
Again, not a competition on owns most of such netas rather just to point out none is as pure as they claim to be.

Thats why its time to install Modi. Why else do you think netas in BJP alone don't want Modi?

rhitwick said:
Kargil happened at whose leadership?
Kandahar flight abduction?
Again, no competition just to point out none is spared of failure.
Till date I’m not convinced if BJP with Modi as PM is a proper alternative to Congress in power.
I think you are just trying to debate unnecessarily now. How can Kargil be BJP's fault? Vajpayee went to Pak with friendship in mind and they gave us Kargil. IC-814 was hijacked, what else should the government do? Not free and let the 300 people get killed? I don't even understand how this is related to BJP or Congress let alone Modi!

rhitwick said:
On one hand you don’t trust CBI raids and enquiries and blame them controlled by Congress and on the other hand you defend Modi’s innocence with report of a committee of same Govt. Why?
I don’t trust CBI nor the SIT. The case is still unresolved
My lack of trust in CBI is because of its history of misuse and there is a difference between SIT and CBI. Please research on it. Here is a difference just for you as I'm surprised you view them as usual with the same yardstick

1. SIT was setup by Supreme Court and answerable only to SC. It is NOT a report of the same government as your ignorantly point out.
2. CBI is government controlled body and hence manipulated by Congress during Coalgate Case, even when SC had given strict orders to share the report only with IT and not government! The misuse happens every month now as Congress is shitting in its pant every here and there now.

The difference is obvious!

rhitwick said:
You know “Baba Saheb Ambedkar” is the burning example that the so called Indian knowledge and ‘atma-gyaan’ was a failure.
A particular group of people were getting benefits where few were being crushed as ever.
Why do you think our constitution is not based on any religion or texts of any ancient scriptures? And, India always had this diversity of people of different beliefs.
To rule India whichever party is in power must and must respect and all people equal. It does not matter if a certain kind of religion is having majority here or a certain kind as minority.
And, we had had a great debate on caste and reservation in TDF ago. Please don’t start that here again. Reservation was not started that easily and won’t be abolished just because ‘YOU’ don’t find any logic in it.
And, one phrase I found you used here “….boring code of conduct…”. Its very dangerous thought process. You just can’t ignore law just because it seems ‘boring’ and meaningless to ‘YOU’. A law is not created just by someone’s whim, in a democracy like India its passed with everyone’s agreement and with much debate.
Talking about any particular religion is not bad. But bragging and claiming it’s the best is not proper.
Teachings of Gita are not communal but if that’s the only thing you teach then its communal. If you want to teach scriptures of a particular religion why not include all.
Bible, Buddhism texts etc.
Basically refer all these Religious text - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Introduce all these in teaching. Don’t play favorites. If its teaching why not teach everything and let the disciples chose what to follow.
I have no idea why you go after the certificate & opinions of the other people often instead of understanding the concept through your own primary frame of reference, but anyways, Ambedkar's opinion means nothing to me for he never read the scriptures or practiced the same depth as he did with other sciences or education. About reservation, do one favour and goto government hospitals and get yourself operated by a reserved category doctor the next time!

Do you even know politicians ask for doctor's tag when they visit hospital? Yes, from my sources, Ram Vilas Paswan is an example who doesn't want to get operated from a SC/ST/OBC doctor but by a general category doctor! The reasons are obvious.

A boring code of conduct is one which imposes a same set of ideals and doesn't let people question and philosophise or promote creativity of all kinds. It is again surprising that you find my thought process to be "dangerous". Can you ever define life, if all the men did the same thing? Its the diversity which defines life and diversity which needs to be promotes.

I'm not against teaching of Quran etc in school. But the teaching of Indian history, science and creativity is the birthright of all the Indians to know the secrets and treasures that her mother left for her. Its not only the teachings, but thorough research, questioning, expanding, dissecting, understanding and knowing of these (Quran, Gita, Upanishads, Bible etc) should be done.

But are you sure as a teacher you'd be spared if you even discuss the life of Mohammed and question Allah in the school?? You need to think about it.

On one hand you verify that you have read my debates earlier and on other you state such nuisance ( that I stated about some best religion ). When did I say anything about best of any religion? I have clearly mentioned at all times, HInduism, Jainism, Buddhism etc are not religions but one family from India promoting the same science of consciousness - be it the 7 chakras, the 7 levels (physical, senses, mind, supermind, bliss, energy, existence).

I won't go deep again. But you are talking as if you understood nothing from my replies in science vs god debate. Let me clear in simple words

1. I'm totally against religion and blind belief!
2. Indian science does not talk of a GOD at all

Read the Science Vs God debates again, otherwise I might bombard the next two pages with verses alone!

rhitwick said:
Yeah, and there is Feku Claims | FekuExpress too.
Someone is lying here, right?
I'm apalled and struck by 100000V lightening that you posted that site as a source!

Read -> Pheku.in: Yet another Congress failure to malign Modi | Niti Central

No offence bro, but I find myself losing an interest in your posts! I still can't digest you posted Feku website here.

Last edited:

snap

Lurker
@mediator

the indian culture you talk about give rise to superstitions and people who oppose them are killed like Narendra Dabholkar *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/random-ne...on-activist-narendra-dabholkar-shot-dead.html

I beg to differ here.
You are telling the scriptures were written keeping ‘India’ in mind. This is not Indianness. You just can’t point out and say this particular thing is from original and ancient India. When ‘India’ was not invaded by any other race. This particular scripture or ritual is pure Indian. You can’t, you know.
Why? Because at that time there was no ‘India’. India is a new concept. The nation was not even in its preset from. The maps and territories marked for different countries were different then.
(You are free to read the whole text but I would recommend you to start from para 4)
After each invasion the then country got rich by new cultures. New people and new religious beliefs. For a long time ‘India’ has walked with different people of different beliefs. In modern it was really required to give equal rights to everyone.
Talking about any particular religion is not bad. But bragging and claiming it’s the best is not proper

+1 to this

Last edited:

mediator

Technomancer
@Snap - Please check your own link. I'm not talking of "modern era" where kids kill their own parents for a little misunderstanding, fathers and mothers sell their own daughter to earn a few bucks, father rapes his own daughter. Please read my posts a little more carefully next time. India as you see is not so Indian today. :oops:

rhitwick said:
I beg to differ here.
Talking about any particular religion is not bad. But bragging and claiming it’s the best is not proper
You are correct on the bold part.

The bharatvarsha that the sages called was not the present India, but the whole world as I have earlier pointed out in other debates in detail. It is not the Indianness of the boundaries that I ever talked about or scriptures written keeping India in mind.

I request you again, to understand the science of consciousness otherwise even after all the verses I post and the details of the past, you'd still be on a wild goose chase making surmises on what I'm stating. The basic necessity for such an understanding is a scientific mindset, detachment which can allow you to decondindtion from your own beliefs and enable you to transcend beyond names to actual essence and free your mind from a world that is deluded by the maya of time and space to that which is beyond time and space!

Last edited:

shreymittal

Being Human
Petrol price hiked by Rs 2.35 per litre, diesel by 50 paise
Petrol price hiked by Rs 2.35 per litre, diesel by 50 paise

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
"The science of consciousness"...hmm.

I dunno what consciousness is tbh. We're just machines with a metabolism and self-sustaining chemical processes of our own. There's nothing "alive" as such. I'm not alive. I have no soul. I'm not "I". Nothing is me. Just an organic machine is what we all are. We don't have any soul either. There is no "afterlife" as such either.

The human has evolved from other animals in such a way that it can actually "think", can be creative and do more things other than eating + excreting. But we're still animals. We're still like them. We aren't special. We aren't the chosen ones or anything.
The powerful always crushes the weak. That's how things go. Nothing special there.

I won't deduce things like 'atma-gyan' was a failure from that.

heidi2521

Padawan
The human has evolved from other animals in such a way that it can actually "think", can be creative and do more things other than eating + excreting. But we're still animals. We're still like them. We aren't special. We aren't the chosen ones or anything.

This reminds me of something Douglas Adams wrote in H2G2

Douglas Adams said:
For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
The way I look at reservation:

People calling themselves X screwed Y. Unfair. Wrong. Y is now screwing X. Unfair. Wrong.

Do I care about reservation?

No, I don't give a damn.

Both X and Y are fools.

But this farce should end at some point together with caste itself. Promotes the problem instead of curing it, but then wouldn't I want to go against people who oppressed my people? Everyone attaches themselves to some cult/community. There the problem is. ;)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
reservation though not a solution is still useful to some extent.something is better than nothing.there are still many interior parts in India where SC/ST are a oppressed lot(people like us can't even imagine).in such areas even if one person becomes a govt officer because of reservation it gives a morale boost to entire community of theirs.even if that person is not really concerned much with outside his family/relatives still just throwing around the name of a govt officer from their community saves them from many troubles in such areas.i agree that it is not a permanent solution(as also recognized by constitution makers who never made it permanent) but as long as there is no better solution(which ironically has not been demanded by even so called SC/ST parties let alone general parties) it is the only remedy.as for undue advantage this is only applicable relative to general category students but not absolute.i personally know many SC/ST candidates who failed to clear IIT/UPSC/SSC despite studying as much as any general category students & same is the case with those who cleared such exams.just because you are in reserved category doesn't mean that you can clear any exam by lesser hard work.only those who possess greater intelligence need to work less than normal people to successfully achieve something & this has nothing to do with category.also govt jobs are not super specialty medical field(in which there is no reservation btw) where not worthy candidates can actually put someone's life in danger.the way i see it if selecting a reserved category candidate who worked as hard as a general category candidate but scored less marks being selected in a govt job results in more benefits to society(or even a couple of dozens people:close & extended family members & area people) then it is worth it.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Reservation is good for poor people but not at the cost of upper caste because somehow people assume that all upper caste people are rich which is not true. I didn't got job because I didn't scored marks required for general category whereas with the same marks my OBC friend got a job. He is richer than me :-(.
And I see many people who adopt upper caste surnames & still benefit category reservation because they have a certificate.

heidi2521

Padawan
I think that reservation is fine, but only on economic basis. A poor person of a higher caste is deserves as much as a poor person of a lower caste.

Since the lower castes have been oppressed historically they are more economically downtrodden they will take more advantage of the bill by default and it will help uplift their community. We won't see situations like theterminator's happen either in a reservation system with sole economic basis.

Vote bank politics means that this will never happen though. We will see more and more groups getting SC/ST/OBC/whatever status until the very highest of the classes are put at a disadvantage and everybody else is at an equilibrium.

shreymittal

Being Human
Govt. wants to close petrol pumps at night to save fuel From 8AM to 8PM 12 HRS/Day
*economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/...o-reduce-fuel-demand/articleshow/22210172.cms

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reservation is good for poor people but not at the cost of upper caste because somehow people assume that all upper caste people are rich which is not true. I didn't got job because I didn't scored marks required for general category whereas with the same marks my OBC friend got a job. He is richer than me :-(.
And I see many people who adopt upper caste surnames & still benefit category reservation because they have a certificate.

I think that reservation is fine, but only on economic basis. A poor person of a higher caste is deserves as much as a poor person of a lower caste.

when it comes to social status/problems faced:
poor SC/ST(not OBC)<<<<<<poor general/higher caste

in many parts of India(including UP/haryana/TN just to give the extent of the problem) a poor SC/ST can get killed for even daring to talk back or just speak with girls from general caste but you won't find nothing even close to such situations for poor general category persons except in extremely rare cases.

Top Bottom