Votes: 4 3.9%
  • I don't want to vote for any of them

Votes: 8 7.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
In a perfect world, DMT would work. But there is no telling what it will be used for now. Be it beer or gambling or grain or machinery.

They should reduce the red tape and reduce the bureaucracy and develop the education, healthcare and transport infrastructure with a focus on medium to long term growth , but we know that it would't get them votes as easily.

Plus the current govt. is hardly made up of anti corruption crusaders.

Didn't get the point. What's beer and gambling got to do with subsidies? :confused:

mediator

Technomancer
Nipun said:
That's what kyle said. BJP is ruling all MCDs and nothing is done on their part.
During 2002, when Narendra Modi was new to the administration, riots happened which were controlled in 3 days. But, for that control, Modi has asked for support from three neighbouring states ruled by Congress for "police support" which was ignored. Rajasthan, suffering from power scarcity, was offered surplus electricity from Gujarat which was ignored. When Modi offered, helicopters and needed support to Uttarakhand Govt apart from working at ground level himself, it was ignored.

So when Gujarat asks for centre's help, it is ignored. When Gujarat offers help, it is ignored.

You can play the blame game between Congress-MCD here as well. But MCD cannot work without COngress's cooperation unlike Modi who still found detours to work selflessly.

Metronewz : Delhi Govt is not cooperating MCD:Vijay Goel,BJP - YouTube
Illegal colonies to blame for waterlogging, says MCD - Hindustan Times

You should read the court orders as to who is doing what and why is there a delay!

sheila said:
Sheila's statements - Rs 600 is enough for a family of five
Sheila Dikshit says Rs. 600 enough for family of five, slammed | Deccan Chronicle

You are free to make your own interpretations. According to other so called leaders, you can get "food" for Rs. 5 in Delhi (rasheed Masood), Rs. 12 in Mumbai (Raj Babbar), Rs 1 in India (Farooq Abdullah).

So we have poverty line reduced to Rs.28, Diesel beyond 52, Onion Rs 80, unemployment at large.....list goes on and here you are justifying Rs.600 comment! Imagine the furore that would have lasted for next 10 years if by some random chance Modi had made such a comment.

I don't care what age Shiela is. If 75 is the age people get rusty, then they should resign the moment they lose their momentum. 15 years she ruled, it would be better had she "served" her duties as a "public servant" rather than making frivolous statements. Anyways, you really think driving sense matters much when the entire traffic of delhi chokes at 2-3 areas?

Its not about Sheila also. But Congress "rule" in Delhi and centre! The list is endless. If I start pouring and exposing Congress, I'm sure it will overload ThinkDigit's servers only after all according to Amul Baby "If India is computer, Cong is its default program". No wonder it hangs with BSODs all around! :'(

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nothing. Under a subsidy scheme they couldn't spend it on all that, but they can easily withdraw the DMT money to do it.

I think by they you are referring to the beneficiaries, in which case, well, it is their money and they can do whatever they want. Point here is the subsidy is reaching the ultimate beneficiaries to the fullest and that's what matters.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
@Rhitwick - Congress does not associate with a failed democracy either, but a dictatorship of Gandhi family alone under the smokescreen of nice words like 'secularism, democracy' or whatever suits the mind of the people.
What about Gujrat?
How long Modi is ruling there? 15 years now, right?
"private medical tours" of Sonia during Anna and Ramdev's individual Anshans,
This was raised by BJP which later proved that Sonia paid the whole amount from her pocket. Not a single penny was reimbursed by Indian Govt.
constant misuse of CBI against anyone who opposes Congress and the political enemies,
This, my friend is done by every ruling party. Whenever a new party come to power they make CBI raids in their opponent's home. I guess, its kinda norm now. BJP also did in its last term.
$12 billion "donation" to Europe at a time of internal crisis and poverty looming at large,
This I too couldn't understand. Then I can't even say blatantly if it was done because Sonia has a Italian background. If the donation had a simple reason as stated.
Why it was done?! I hope the govt. had some justified reason.
inexperienced people rising to top without any academic let alone administrative experience.
Is this even a "Congress only" issue?! Aren't every party in India suffering from this disease?
Robert Vadra scams and non-checkup at airport, Sonia's non-disclosure of IT returns,
Yes scams are there and scams were there in times of BJP ruling too. None here is pure and honest as they claim to be.
We can only chose the lesser evil.

We see Gujarat and constant criticism. How about the situation in Rae Bareilly - Sonia's BAstion, Amethi - Amul Baby's fort. Countless scams, list of riots under Congress rule....This was surely not 'failed democracy' my friend! Perhaps a new phenomena in politics not totally understood by politic pandits, if not dictatorship.
Situations are similar if not better. Poverty kind of has similar situation in Gujrat and rest of India. Farmer suicide is also a fact of Gujrat.
Riots...yeah. Compare it with Godhra, in terms of scale and horror. Do that and come back. And then recall Modi's speech regarding that till date. We all hate hate a killler. We hate the killer more who kills and then brags about it.

Anyways, you should read Modi's history from being a tea seller, to a wanderer, to selfless service to Nation under RSS, then to selfless service to Gujarat. Read about Gujarat's Lokpal and myths associated. A dictator surely cannot get involved with the people, serve their ideas, utilize their viewpoints etc. Read his speeches, many of his ideas are not his own but gathered from crowd and served for the crowd!
Irrelevant.
Words alone don't resolve every problem.

On the other hand, Congress is fork of British rule, a party created by British which till today goes by divide and rule, now only deeper to religion, caste, SC/ST, reservation/quota based on religion in a so called "secular nation". No my friend, if you associate Modi to British rule, then I lodge a strong protest! :'(
Go ahead, protest.
I hate to see the day when an arrogant person like him becomes our PM.
I'm from West Bengal. I know how it feels to be ruled by a dictator. Not sure if it would be a pleasant experience when I'll have a dictator PM along with a dictator CM!

heidi2521

Padawan
I think by they you are referring to the beneficiaries, in which case, well, it is their money and they can do whatever they want. Point here is the subsidy is reaching the ultimate beneficiaries to the fullest and that's what matters.

Here's where our viewpoints differ. Benefiting the recipients so that they can reach a status where they won't need handouts anymore and it not being misused is more important to me. They should cut the red tape, streamline the process to reduce middlemen and invest in infrastructure while providing small subsidies to make sure that they don't starve, not the current vote buying DMT shenanigans.

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
So when Gujarat asks for centre's help, it is ignored. When Gujarat offers help, it is ignored.
That will be there if opposite parties are at state-central level.

You can play the blame game between Congress-MCD here as well. But MCD cannot work without COngress's cooperation unlike Modi who still found detours to work selflessly.

Illegal colonies to blame for waterlogging, says MCD - Hindustan Times
There was waterlogging at areas around British and Nepali embassies on this rakhi. They are not illegal.

You should read the court orders as to who is doing what and why is there a delay!
Would be interested to. Where to find?

Sheila Dikshit says Rs. 600 enough for family of five, slammed | Deccan Chronicle
...says:
Under the scheme, claimed to be the first-of-its-kind in the country, a monthly cash subsidy of Rs. 600 will be transferred directly into the Aadhaar-linked bank accounts of the senior-most women member of the family.
Rs. 600 were enough as a subsidy. If real monthly expenses amount to, say Rs. 5k, you want all of that to be paid as subsidy?

You are free to make your own interpretations. According to other so called leaders, you can get "food" for Rs. 5 in Delhi (rasheed Masood), Rs. 12 in Mumbai (Raj Babbar), Rs 1 in India (Farooq Abdullah).

So we have poverty line reduced to Rs.28, Diesel beyond 52, Onion Rs 80, unemployment at large.....list goes on and here you are justifying Rs.600 comment! Imagine the furore that would have lasted for next 10 years if by some random chance Modi had made such a comment.
I agree those statements were crap.

I don't care what age Shiela is. If 75 is the age people get rusty, then they should resign the moment they lose their momentum. 15 years she ruled, it would be better had she "served" her duties as a "public servant" rather than making frivolous statements. Anyways, you really think driving sense matters much when the entire traffic of delhi chokes at 2-3 areas?
I did not mean that she's "rusty" because she's 75. I was just replying to your "Congress is ruling 60+ years" comment. They aren't ruling for 60+ years.
And yes, the only reason for traffic jams is stupidity. Stupidity of drivers who don't know what lanes are, why to follow traffic signals, when to use indicators, proper rules to overtake.... List is endless. Traffic in Delhi chokes because of stupidity. If you think otherwise, follow the link in my signature and take it to that thread.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here's where our viewpoints differ. Benefiting the recipients so that they can reach a status where they won't need handouts anymore and it not being misused is more important to me. They should cut the red tape, streamline the process to reduce middlemen and invest in infrastructure while providing small subsidies to make sure that they don't starve, not the current vote buying DMT shenanigans.

Reduce middlemen, not actually obliterating them. So the siphoning off will go on. And its akin to saying your employer should decide for you what you can/can't do with your salary/perks. What you think as a misuse, the beneficiary himself might not think so. And its his money right? He is free do whatever he wants.

As long as we cannot stop subsidies, DMT is the best option IMO to ensure the beneficiary gets the full benefit.

mediator

Technomancer
So back to quote-by-quote :oops:

@Rhitwick - There is a reason, why almost entire developed community/countries, business and people want Modi and admire Modi. You ask what about 15 years of Modi, I say he created a diamond out of some coal which was earlier mostly ruled by Congress. Same situation in MP, where Gujarat has become an exporter of food, energy and good jobs, people enjoying a flourishing river which was given in an almost dead state to him.

Its not about Sonia's "debits and credits" only, but why exactly Sonia went to US and Swiss during Anna's and Ramdev's anshan, what did she do, why doesn't she discloses her IT returns? Even Obama doesn't enjoy such a freedom in the name of freedom and democracy. We really do not know anything about her, her Amul Baby, her daughter, her Damaad, their education status, verification of it, do they still have Italian citizenship. Do you know why she had to quit her earlier PM post?

rhitwick said:
This, my friend is done by every ruling party. Whenever a new party come to power they make CBI raids in their opponent's home. I guess, its kinda norm now. BJP also did in its last term.
Don't you think its a high time we should stop conniving with the "chalta hai attitude" and an excuse "If they did, so let others do it as well"?

Talking about farmer's suicides - Has it reduced or grown? If grown by how much? Why farmer committed suicides? Showing simple statistics does not mean much. For that matter here are the statistics for Maharasthra and Andhra, the leader in farmer suicides.

news said:
Farm suicides rose sharply by almost 450 in Maharashtra in 2012 to touch 3,786, the latest National Crime Records Bureau data show. (The State saw 3,337 suicides in 2011). That is the worst annual increase in seven years. It also brings Maharashtra’s total tally since the NCRB began recording farm data in 1995 to a staggering 57,604 farmers’ suicides.

Andhra Pradesh also saw an upward surge. It logged 2,572 farm suicides in 2012. That is 366 higher than the previous year’s figure of 2,206. Karnataka and Madhya Pradesh reported declines of 225 and 154 respectively.

Farm suicide trends in 2012 remain dismal - The Hindu

Do note the year, which governments were in power. Whether they were elected newly or stayed for some years when this was reported.

rhitwick said:
Yes scams are there and scams were there in times of BJP ruling too. None here is pure and honest as they claim to be.
We can only chose the lesser evil.
Please list the scams where Modi is in power.

Perhaps you can list scams with BJP then and I will list you the scams when SOnia is the head of Party, MMS is the PM and Amul Baby the VP/General secretary.

Lesser evil? So be it! Lets analyze.

You hate Modi perhaps because of his arrogance and I hate MMS for his cowardice, silence and lack of understanding of grass root level and reality. MMS, Monetk and Chidambaram... who really still believes that an "oxford certificate" can save India? Rather, I like Modi because of his arrogance, provocations towards Congress something we see in use against China, Pakistan etc as well. A leader needs to tough and take decisive actions unlike a Maun-vrati PM who needs to consult the Italians on every matter. What do Congress do, (Salman Khurshid) -> "I would love to live in Beijing". Instead of developing your own country, you eat it like a termite and insult it abroad? Yes Modi doesn't need a Visa, nor he ever applied for one like media keeps on glorifying it like a certificate. But he will create Visas for Americans and thats the attitude we need. Thinking of which, I guess, Amul Baby is stil is wanted in US when he was caught red handed at boston airport with unexplained cash and daughter of druglord!

I would love to live in Beijing, Salman Khurshid says - Times Of India

Yes, 26/11 happened, Intelligence warnings were given, but ignored. Which govt/party was in centre and state? Similarly Uttarakhand floods happened repeated warnings were given to the Congress govt. Why did not the take appropriate measures? Amar Jawan in Mumbai was destroyed and hundreds of "secular" people according to the definition of Congress, cam with weapons and went away. No charges, no imprisonments!

Regarding Gujarat riots, who started the riots? Why congress ignored the role of its own cadres? => Cong silent on cadres linked to Guj riots - Times Of India

riots said:
(1) 1964 Communal riots in Rourkela & Jamshedpur | 2000 Killed | Ruling party CONG

(2) 1947 Communal riots in # Bengal | 5000 Killed | Ruling party CONG

(3) August 1967 | 200 Killed | Communal riots in Ranchi | Party ruling again CONG

(4) 1969 | Communal riots in#Ahmedabad| More than 512 Killed | Ruling party happened to be CONG

(5) 1970 | # Bhiwandi communal riots in# Maharashtra | Around 80 killed | Ruling party CONG

(6)April 1979 | Communal riots in#Jamshedpur , West Bengal | More than 125 killed | Ruling party CPIM

(7) Auguest 1980 |#Moradabad Communal riots | Approx 2000 Killed | Ruling Party Congress

(8) May 1984 | Communal riots in#Bhiwandi | 146 Killed , 611 Inj | Rulingparty CONGress | CM- Vasandada Patil |

(9) OCT 1984 | Communal riots in#Delhi | 2733 Killed | Ruling party CONG

(10) April 1985 | Communal riots in#Ahmedabad | 300 Killed | Ruling party CONG |

(11) July 1986 | Communal violence in# Ahmedabad | 59 Killed | Ruling party CONG

(12) Apr-May1987 | Communal violence in Meerut , UP | 81 killed | Ruling party CONG |

(13) Feb 1983 | Communal violence in Nallie, Assam | 2000 killed | Ruling party CONG | PM - Indira Gandhi.

So I compared to Godhra, listed Congress's role in it and came back to question you to who are you to call Modi a killer when SIT committe itself and higher courts have given a clean chit to Modi, unlike the case of Congress in 1984 riots? Are you above the courts or SIT committee?

Here's a detailed analysis -> *www.gujaratriots.com/

rhitwhick said:
Go ahead, protest.
No bro, how can I? :'(

Nipun said:
Rs. 600 were enough as a subsidy. If real monthly expenses amount to, say Rs. 5k, you want all of that to be paid as subsidy?
With that statement my friend, you just dismissed the Food Security Bill.

Nipun said:
I did not mean that she's "rusty" because she's 75. I was just replying to your "Congress is ruling 60+ years" comment. They aren't ruling for 60+ years.
And yes, the only reason for traffic jams is stupidity. Stupidity of drivers who don't know what lanes are, why to follow traffic signals, when to use indicators, proper rules to overtake.... List is endless. Traffic in Delhi chokes because of stupidity. If you think otherwise, follow the link in my signature and take it to that thread.
Do you realize that you generalize and underestimate the driving sense of Delhites? Even metros, buses get overcrowded. Is that also because of driving sense? Please try to understand what I'm talking about. In simple words, we need more flyovers over Yamuna, solutions to "choke points", better model than that ridiculous BRT, borrowed without India and ground level research in mind, causing accidents every year. This is something Shiela could have done easily in her 15 years of "rule".

Nipun said:
That will be there if opposite parties are at state-central level.
Again, I request you too to shed the 'chalta hai attitude'. It is the responsibility of the government to support bodies like MCD, otherwise people will be saying "Soldiers did not fight back and protect India". How can they when centre has tied their hands and offered sticks to fight terrorirsts with Ak-47. You do realize the recent stand off and how Anthony was forced to free Army and take appropriate actions?

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@dead5,history is proof in itself that no regime which tried to treat its population like children ever survived in long run including the mighty USSR.if a grown up adult man decides that he want to spend his benefit money on alcohol then no matter what govt do to stop it he will find a way.many drunks stoop as low as to sell their wife's jewellery so you think they would even think twice before selling PDS grain or signing forged ration card/receipts for middleman to show they received their quota of grain.DCT at least has some positives compared to current PDS systems which only has negatives.

btw all those above who worry about economy fear not & remember this famous expression:"beggars can't be choosers".in 1991 India was begging & thus forced to open its economy & once again when India reaches that position reforms will take place no matter which party is in power.

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
If BJP comes to power I'm afraid that women security in India will become worse,And India will go back to 5th century.
After what BJP has done to Karnataka no one ever will vote for Them here[Read Scams,Corruption,Attacks in Mangalore],Also they were bent on to destroy western Ghats.
But,yeah Modi is the only person "presently" that can change India IMO.
Rahul Gandhi will just make it worse

Not yet bro. $1 = 68.7350

[CONSPIRACY]Congress is letting rupee devaluate so that they can bring in more rupees from Switzerland for their 2014 general election campaign[/CONSPIRACY]

This.

These people are just playing games with the common man.
If petrol is increased by 10,We Indias are done.It will be really hard to survive
On the side note,I read somewhere that they actually wanted to Increase petrol to 100 about a year back but thought to kill us by increasing in smaller amounts.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ As if no other political party or businessmen for that matter are not going to benefit from the depreciating rupee. :lol:

heidi2521

Padawan
I did label it as a conspiracy for a reason.

Even so, I wouldn't be surprised if Congress has more money stashed abroad than BJP.

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
^^ As if no other political party or businessmen for that matter are not going to benefit from the depreciating rupee. :lol:

Hahaha,But cause of this Companies are investing in USA than India,And US economy is improving

Hahaha,But cause of this Companies are investing in USA than India,And US economy is improving

mediator

Technomancer
1. FDI up and green signal to wallmart!
2. $1 = Rs. 69,21 (source = dead5's post)

Anyways, can anyone tell me the implication of rising $value on increased FDI and wallmart installations? The result on local industries? And then, can anyone tell its relation to self-sufficiency that Modi promotes? I'm sure the promoters of Oxford Champ, the silent and the peaceful, non-arrogant one, the loyalist of Amul Baby can surely explain!

rishitells

Always in Dreams...
If BJP comes to power I'm afraid that women security in India will become worse,And India will go back to 5th century.

BJP (NDA) was in power for 5 years, till 2004 under Atal ji, and pioneering work was done under him. Do some research about the "Golden Quadrilateral highway project, the largest highway project in India and the fifth longest in the world. Another great project was the "Sarv Shiksha Abhiyaan" for mandatory elementary education (remember, beautiful School Chalein Hum song?). Nuclear tests were conducted under Atal ji despite strong condemnation from all abroad and much economic liberalization took place. After 1999 Kargil war, Vajpayee government also established the Defence Intelligence Agency to provide better military intelligence and monitor India's border with Pakistan. Do you still think BJP will lead India to 5th century??

And now Modi. Nobody can disagree that he has done a significant work for the development and welfare of Gujrat, else he wouldn't have risen to this level. India needs a leader, a visionary who can instil new hopes in people, and I am sure that Modi is that leader.

And what congress did? Served biryani to the Pakistan minister after they butchered Indian soldiers and took their heads. I can't even count the number of scams that took place under the scamgress. Anyone who cares for the welfare for the nation won't vote for congress, it's simple!

Last edited:
OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
^ This :) Exactly,Congress promises things but don't do anything.
But the amount of uneducated ministers in BJP is more

From the past weeks,Pakistan is firing at Indian Troops,What is the goverment doing? Nothing

Top Bottom