Votes: 4 3.9%
  • I don't want to vote for any of them

Votes: 8 7.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

heidi2521

Padawan
Isn't it essentially bribery for votes?

They will transfer money into poor peoples bank accounts instead of giving them Rs. 1000 or w/e by visiting their villages/localities. So now they are bribing them with tax payers money instead of their own funds (likely also from taxpayers). Only thing is that this time it is legal.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^DMT is meant to weed out the middleman from the equation and to essentially stop corruption/siphoning of funds that happens in almost every subsidy based schemes.

You people are not happy with any situation. :|

KyleSforza

Banned
I'm just gonna vote for whichever sign I like -_- Although we NEED congress in Delhi (as our CM is hard working, and I can say if there's anyone good enough to compete against Modi, its Sheila Dixit)

nickzcool

Broken In
Fdi & corruption is the main reason of this situation as fdi the cash flows out of the country we should use goods made in our country so that the cash flow increase within our country .

KyleSforza

Banned
FDI cash flows out of country? o_O In a way it doesn't, haven't you read the terms? They must buy their raw materials here, they will hire Indian workers, they must invest a minimum of 10 crore, all that money is coming TO India, not going out.

But sad part is our company is so slow that it hasn't been implemented yet.

IMHO All politicians are stupid, be it a good idea or bad idea, all of them waste months arguing like *****es, ideas should be debated upon, not argued. -_-

heidi2521

Padawan
^^DMT is meant to weed out the middleman from the equation and to essentially stop corruption/siphoning of funds that happens in almost every subsidy based schemes.

You people are not happy with any situation. :|

In a perfect world, DMT would work. But there is no telling what it will be used for now. Be it beer or gambling or grain or machinery.

They should reduce the red tape and reduce the bureaucracy and develop the education, healthcare and transport infrastructure with a focus on medium to long term growth , but we know that it would't get them votes as easily.

Plus the current govt. is hardly made up of anti corruption crusaders.

KyleSforza

Banned
Let me guess, it was BJP who built Delhi metro, proper streets, flyovers, so many exceptional parkings, malls, clean public toilets(specially for ladies). Also it was BJP who planted so many trees, and made delhi green right? Commonwealth games work was done under BJP's leadership too I assume?

Ofcourse not, Its congress which did all that in Delhi. We already have BJP as a ruling party in all three MCD's, the mayors are of BJP. And look where it took us, no proper drainage system, streets turn into lakes in rainy season. No proper waste management, you can see garbage here and there. No proper cleaning(all streets are dirty, people spitting, throwing garbage everywhere).

Talking of women security? It'd had been better too if only Delhi police worked under the CM, not Central Government.

Electricity, LPG, Petrol etc are cheapest in Delhi among all Northern states, thanks to subsidies provided by the Delhi government.

The truth is, everyone is corrupt in this country(yes, even the beloved Modi is and Kejariwal will be too once he comes in government, if he does), but it doesn't hurt as much if they are doing something good towards the community too, which shows in Sheila's work.

mediator

Technomancer
Sheila hard working :rofl:

Exactly my reaction!

@Kyle - I don't know what affinity you have to Sheila, but I guess you forgot of
* Killer Dwarka flyover
* Lack of testing of Metro Construction near Lakshmi Nagar when it fell killing 2 people because of pressure from Delhi Govt dismissing security norms
* The Eternal waterlogging during monsoons and neglected areas - Seelampur, Shahadara and many other areas which are totally ignored by Delhi Govt
* Sheila's statements - Rs 600 is enough for a family of five
* Lack of focus towards Bangaldeshi immigrants often associated with crimes
* Power problem and water scarcity (Yea, it is supposed to be India's capital)
* Randomly Falling Buildings in Lakshmi Nagar and other areas

Green Cover, infrastructue and whatever you said should have been builtlong time ago and should have been even better given the large influx of population from other parts of the country and considering it to be the hub of national activities and centres. Only during CWG they have been revamped and all infront of my eyes. 60+ years of congress rule and still we do not have adequate parallel flyovers, like they have over River Thanes, often choking traffic at ITO or Nizammudding areas; we still do not have clean Yamuna even after spending 1500 crores over it and so we still do not have adequate protection for women or ban on liquor. The rape capital of the country or call it the crime capital. After all, How big is Delhi as compared to Gujarat? I guess too large to maintain that even after 60+ years it remains a joke and the pollutants from Yamuna alone enough to ail the entire land, let alone the individual smoking and boozing of the addicts. You do as you wish!

For the patriots!
1. Make sure you have your voting card made and ready in your hand!
2. Make sure you go out on the voting day and cast your vote. Make sure you vote for Modi.
3. Educate atleast 50 rural or illiterate people about the chaos and make sure they also vote for Modi.

Let us do our part in our own limited powers.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
First I could not connect the poll with the question asked, then I saw the thread take a sudden U-turn from rupee falling to who'll win election and why...

I'm not sure what answer to give here.
So summing up both in one; the economy won't recover until next poll. Everyone knows term of present govt. ending in months and there is every chance new govt. might not be of same party.
Few key policies are bound to change if that happens hence every investor is taking the route of wait and watch.
IMO this turmoil would continue till next poll. If there is a recovery don't expect it a huge one.

Rupee might recover till 58-60 not beyond that prior to election.

Personal opinion, I want Congress to win. A failed democracy is better than a dictator. I guess that is the reason we drove away the british, right?

heidi2521

Padawan
Current congress policies will hurt the next wonner too.

*twitter.com/minhazmerchant/status/372573311856701440

Food bill or fraud bill? Govt budgets mere 10,000cr for #FSB in 2013-14, leaves post-dated chq for next govt #pdcVotes

Congress is ensuring that no matter who wins, the people lose. I'll take a democratically elected benevolent dictator over scamgress any day.

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
Exactly my reaction!

@Kyle - I don't know what affinity you have to Sheila, but I guess you forgot of
* Killer Dwarka flyover
I don't know much about it, but the drivers on our roads can make even the perfect roads a warzone. Would be interested in knowing more about it though.

* The Eternal waterlogging during monsoons and neglected areas - Seelampur, Shahadara and many other areas which are totally ignored by Delhi Govt
That's what kyle said. BJP is ruling all MCDs and nothing is done on their part.

* Sheila's statements - Rs 600 is enough for a family of five
She did not say Rs. 600 is enough. She was providing extra 600 to people under poverty line. Don't tell me you want everyone to stay at home doing nothing while government pays thousands. 600 + whatever they earn is better than 0 + whatever they earn.

* Power problem and water scarcity (Yea, it is supposed to be India's capital)
:+1:
* Randomly Falling Buildings in Lakshmi Nagar and other areas
Again, MCD.

Green Cover, infrastructue and whatever you said should have been built long time ago and should have been even better given the large influx of population from other parts of the country and considering it to be the hub of national activities and centres. Only during CWG they have been revamped and all infront of my eyes. 60+ years of congress rule and still we do not have adequate parallel flyovers, like they have over River Thanes, often choking traffic at ITO or Nizammudding areas; we still do not have clean Yamuna even after spending 1500 crores over it and so we still do not have adequate protection for women or ban on liquor. The rape capital of the country or call it the crime capital. After all, How big is Delhi as compared to Gujarat? I guess too large to maintain that even after 60+ years it remains a joke and the pollutants from Yamuna alone enough to ail the entire land, let alone the individual smoking and boozing of the addicts. You do as you wish!
Shiela Dikshit is 75 years old. You mean to say she is CM of Delhi since she was 15? Shiela Dikshit will complete 15 years as CM of Delhi in coming elections.

About traffic problems, they will continue to exist as long as people don't learn how to drive on public roads. Knowing accelerator, brake, clutch is not knowing how to drive, there are some basic etiquette involced too.
Rapes and crimes exist in other parts of country too. Only some that happen in metropolitan cities catch the attention of media. Not justifying rapes - they must be stopped.

BTW This was a thread about Indian Govt. not Delhi Govt.

mediator

Technomancer
Well Said @Dead5.

@Rhitwick - Congress does not associate with a failed democracy either, but a dictatorship of Gandhi family alone under the smokescreen of nice words like 'secularism, democracy' or whatever suits the mind of the people. Robert Vadra scams and non-checkup at airport, "private medical tours" of Sonia during Anna and Ramdev's individual Anshans, Sonia's non-disclosure of IT returns, constant misuse of CBI against anyone who opposes Congress and the political enemies, $12 billion "donation" to Europe at a time of internal crisis and poverty looming at large, inexperienced people rising to top without any academic let alone administrative experience. We see Gujarat and constant criticism. How about the situation in Rae Bareilly - Sonia's BAstion, Amethi - Amul Baby's fort. Countless scams, list of riots under Congress rule....This was surely not 'failed democracy' my friend! Perhaps a new phenomena in politics not totally understood by politic pandits, if not dictatorship.

Anyways, you should read Modi's history from being a tea seller, to a wanderer, to selfless service to Nation under RSS, then to selfless service to Gujarat. Read about Gujarat's Lokpal and myths associated. A dictator surely cannot get involved with the people, serve their ideas, utilize their viewpoints etc. Read his speeches, many of his ideas are not his own but gathered from crowd and served for the crowd!

On the other hand, Congress is fork of British rule, a party created by British which till today goes by divide and rule, now only deeper to religion, caste, SC/ST, reservation/quota based on religion in a so called "secular nation". No my friend, if you associate Modi to British rule, then I lodge a strong protest! :'(

Top Bottom