Whats the point in the forum then if we don't have to discuss how a great engine made 3 epic games and then 4th game was an epic fail.

It's not an epic fail or even close to that. Sure, it's not as good as CryEngine 2 but it still looks *way* better than other modern shooters.

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ Ico

Buddy, if you can create a new thread and merge everything from the ddr3 vs xdr part from here, then it will be quite debatable. Posting here will make everything offtopic according to the context of this thread.:smile:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
@ Ico

Buddy, if you can create a new thread and merge everything from the ddr3 vs xdr part from here, then it will be quite debatable. Posting here will make everything offtopic according to the context of this thread.:smile:

I think the tangential movement is logical, so will let it run.

Sidenote:
Seen a ton of personal lashing out there. Please keep it neutral and not personal.

Though as far as I remember XDR is quite faster vs. DDR3. :)

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ No buddy i have no intentions of taking or making it personal. Just wanted a new thread so the discussions remain under it and become easy for others to follow.:smile:

Researching on xdr and ddr3. Will create a new thread after i find some relevant material so that subsequent discussions remain intact to that. Is that okay?

gameranand

Living to Play
sunnychahal said:
It's not an epic fail or even close to that. Sure, it's not as good as CryEngine 2 but it still looks *way* better than other modern shooters.
I don't think so. After playing Metro 2033 and BC2 again last night I think they are better than this one. And its a personal take.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^ No buddy i have no intentions of taking or making it personal. Just wanted a new thread so the discussions remain under it and become easy for others to follow.:smile:

Researching on xdr and ddr3. Will create a new thread after i find some relevant material so that subsequent discussions remain intact to that. Is that okay?

Sir, the text in RED was not for you. :)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
After playing loads of Crysis 2 from last 2 days, have reached the mission where Roosevelt island is destroyed and we miraculously rejoin Gould.
The first few missions I thought the game was going to be boring and predictible.
Now the story is starting to pick up from last few missions.
Damn those Pingers are very hard to beat :2subs:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Just completed the game. It was good. Ending could've been better.

In the mission where power went out and Pinger came. Cloaking with the hit and hide tactic took half an hour to beat the darn pinger.

didnt understand the ending
they call me Prophet?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
In the mission where power went out and Pinger came. Cloaking with the hit and hide tactic took half an hour to beat the darn pinger.

not that hard. just detach the MG on the roadblock to clean all idiot aliens & then jump to the next MG post (extension in the building) with the previous MG. enter the pinger, make some window with the MG, grab the 4 JAW & make more windows & finally RIP him with the unused MG on the ledge.

PS: 2-3 aliens also comes with the pinger. they kill you most of the time. not the pinger.

tkin

Back to school!!
Just completed the game. It was good. Ending could've been better.

didnt understand the ending
they call me Prophet?
Use C4s, theres plenty in game, 4 C4s and 1 JAW can bring down a pinger in no time.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Sam said:
not that hard. just detach the MG on
the roadblock to clean all idiot aliens &
then jump to the next MG post
(extension in the building) with the
previous MG. enter the pinger, make
some window with the MG, grab the 4 JAW & make more windows & finally
RIP him with the unused MG on the
ledge.
The problem is that after I kill everything except the Pinger, new Aliens keep on entering the area.
When I cloak suddenly the pounce on me from the back.

Always end up having close combat. Armor mode ends up fast cause if Pinger is nearby he doesnt spot me but releases some radiation which eats up energy quickly.
The cloaked enemies werent that difficult to beat.
K-Volt with a ressuply made quick work of them.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
The problem is that after I kill everything except the Pinger, new Aliens keep on entering the area.

yes. 2-3 enters with the pinger & they are really annoying (true for the 2nd pinger fight also).

When I cloak suddenly the pounce on me from the back.

cloak + pingu = you dead.

Armor mode ends up fast cause if Pinger is nearby he doesnt spot me but releases some radiation which eats up energy quickly.

don't. armour mode is best if you low on health. & the ray is EM pulse.

The cloaked enemies werent that difficult to beat.

i hope crytek is reading this.

K-Volt with a ressuply made quick work of them.

always trust my MG over some concept shock gun. it failed to kill a single CELL personal :x

gameranand

Living to Play
^^ Non memorable. I was going to say that its a game which will be easily be forgotten by me. I won't ever consider to play this game again ever even after DX11.

Top Bottom