shantanu

Technomancer
Guys, I have left playing. I am not sure if the game is that interesting as it was before. The people who have completed the game, is it any good ?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@shantanu, once you encounter your fellow marines, it gets better. specially with the Pinger boss fights & the heavy aliens.

tkin

Back to school!!
@shantanu, once you encounter your fellow marines, it gets better. specially with the Pinger boss fights & the heavy aliens.
No it doesn't, remember the pinger which comes at night on the streets(the lights go out first)? The Ai players did squat there, I had to kill the pinger and a bunch of aliens there.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
^ LoL. Same happened to me. They were right behind me all the time.. but they left as soon as the light went out. And came right back after I put down pinger. :/

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
No it doesn't, remember the pinger which comes at night on the streets(the lights go out first)? The Ai players did squat there, I had to kill the pinger and a bunch of aliens there.

yes. most of the time the fellow marines runs away or vanishes. cowards. & also if you look at the tectical options avl, it shows to jump to the bunker's top & use the emplaced weapon there. how am i suppose to jump that high with all those barb wires?

i specially liked the intro of the pinger. *all enemies dead*lights out*fellow marines vanishes*you hear mechanical footsteps*than a distant wall crumbles to the ground*a machine enters the scene* hmmm, Fear Extraction Point :p

Bwahaha, Crynet super teleport, the won't lwt you use that.

cause you are Dead Man Walking. so die :grin:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Yeah Sam, fellow marines do a Criss Angel, they just vanish into thin air.

and the most annoying are the aliens that popup from random areas and manage to melee us to death.

gameranand

Living to Play
Well personally I used melee a lot in this game because its a 1 shot kill without noise and bullet means very very effective but surely not with the boss fights. :))

tkin

Back to school!!
Took out the entire ceph population out in the central park today, previously just clocked out of there, felt satisfying, all it took are 2 hmgs, game FPS tanks in firefights, upgrade is necessary.

tkin

Back to school!!
Melee and Marshall.

Deadly combo.
Cloak+silenced pistol=WIN, did you guys also find the Gauss attachment? I just found it and I'll try to hit Lockhart with it next time, as it seems like the same technology as the Gauss rifle Lockhart uses to shoot through the barrier which can only be penetrated by Gauss rounds.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I just found it and I'll try to hit Lockhart with it next time, as it seems like the same technology as the Gauss rifle Lockhart uses to shoot through the barrier which can only be penetrated by Gauss rounds.

i don't think it is possible. if you are able to kill that moron from outside, whats the use of that cut scene where you throw him out of the window?

tkin

Back to school!!
Correct.
Marshall drains energy more.

Btw where did you find it? Thb gauss Attachment? In that building? Or whe he is thrown out off?
Its found in the level "Corporate collapse" or something, where you have to mount the turret(tank cannon) to blow up the door, in the beginning of the level you will see one CELL soldier being killed by two cephs, search near the soldier for a scar. This attachment(used in scar only) is same as gauss sniper rifle used by lockhart, takes out most enemies in one shot, also ammo is found in normal crates unlike the gauss rifle.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Its found in the level "Corporate collapse" or something, where you have to mount the turret(tank cannon) to blow up the door, in the beginning of the level you will see one CELL soldier being killed by two cephs, search near the soldier for a scar. This attachment(used in scar only) is same as gauss sniper rifle used by lockhart, takes out most enemies in one shot, also ammo is found in normal crates unlike the gauss rifle.

great. will definitely try it.