tkin

Back to school!!
The DX11 patch is a rumor, we won't be getting it, the engine was not designed that way.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
The DX11 patch is a rumor, we won't be getting it, the engine was not designed that way.

Yeah, a port, a frikkin' PORT! Ef Crytek and all their "It's developed on PC and ported to consoles" shyt. I just started playing Crysis again and darn, ain't this game awesome.

cyborg47

Technomancer
^^I ll say that crytek are closing down because of negative fan feedback, and that crytek confirmed it, are you going to believe it? :p

btw, started the game on veteran, and its pretty difficult(obviously:p).
Havent encountered any aliens yet, so cant comment on its AI, but the human AI is pretty much similar to the one in crysis 1(which is awesome).
The game is buggy!!..especially when you die and reload the game, i've encountered a few problems like getting stuck somewhere(NPCs or the user), sound of the gunfire doesnt stop(man that was annoying), weapon attachments resetting :(

No complains about the absence of dx11 though, as if im gonna get constant 60FPS with all that dx11 bells and rings ON. But the lack of the graphics customisation is a BIG disappointment. Got some really bad framerates on very high(1920 X 1080), so downloaded some custom autoexec file, and the framerate is pretty decent now, around 35-40fps.

I feel like PC gaming is actually killed by the developers more than the users. :(
And NO, its not piracy!, its just that the devs wanting to make more business, not that its wrong, but watering down the games because of that is a bad thing.
Heck! these guys have not only watered down the game, but the ENGINE as well.
For the amount of time they've took, they could have easily optimised CE2 for PC, rather than spending all their time on those lame consoles!:-x

EDIT - Alt+tab'ed the game just now, what in the world have they done to the nano suit??...simplified like hell! :-x stealth kill somebody while cloaked, the suit goes normal, and cloaks itself back again.

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
The thing that pissed me off is that I was really looking forward to some explanation to what happened to Nomad instead of being given a completely new story to play with.
This shouldn't come as a surprise to you, seeing how it was indicated from the very beginning that there was a new storyline and a new protagonist. Let's face it, Nomad wasn't that strong a character, that we needed any continuation for his storyline. He was mute throughout the first game and we don't even get to see his face. The same treatment is given to Alcatraz in this game. However, after Crysis 2 ends, you'll definitely want a continuation to the protagonist's storyline, if Crysis 3 would materialize, which I'm sure it will. Why? Complete the game and you'll understand.

cyborg47

Technomancer
^^Agreed, Nomad isnt such a great character, character development was too dull in crysis 1, got a little better in warhead, and [i hope] its good in c2.
Prophet>Psycho>nomad.
sorry geek :p

cyborg47

Technomancer
^^nope, i changed it even before the game's release.
Could not control the excitement, so had to spoil a little, its jus the ending though, loved it ;)

This shouldn't come as a surprise to you, seeing how it was indicated from the very beginning that there was a new storyline and a new protagonist. Let's face it, Nomad wasn't that strong a character, that we needed any continuation for his storyline. He was mute throughout the first game and we don't even get to see his face. The same treatment is given to Alcatraz in this game. However, after Crysis 2 ends, you'll definitely want a continuation to the protagonist's storyline, if Crysis 3 would materialize, which I'm sure it will. Why? Complete the game and you'll understand.

Nope, Nomad wasn't mute but Alcatraz is.

gameranand

Living to Play
SunnyChahal said:
Err....baseless statement? That's just a fact.
Bro complete the game then comment on this. Even Nomad didn't spoke in entire game well I can't actually remember Core level but even if you are right then also he spoke just a few lines.

Bro complete the game then comment on this. Even Nomad didn't spoke in entire game well I can't actually remember Core level but even if you are right then also he spoke just a few lines.

You guys don't even remember if Nomad spoke in the first game or not and you're arguing with me on that. I completed the game recently, so I remember better. He recorded his entire experience inside the core by describing the environments. Never mind, really.

Top Bottom