asingh

Aspiring Novelist
The thing I hate about the game is that it doesn't pick up where Crysis left off. I mean, what the hell happened to Nomad, Psycho and Helena Rosenthal? What exactly happened to Prophet on the island?

We are just thrown into New York City with a guy who gets the nanosuit but has no clue to what's happening around him. Literally, the SoB is clueless. On the top of that, the player doesn't speak unlike the first two games which is kind of a let down. You go through half the game with that Nathan Gould guy under the impression that you're Prophet. That's just moronic on the story writer's part.

I couldn't play on PC due to technical issues but I'm playing it on Xbox 360 and the graphics are just OK. Consolisation of Crysis killed the real fun. The PC port lacks the customization options that the first two games had. They also took away the quicksave option.

Gameplay is fine but nanosuit has been overpowered in this game. Stealth lasts way too long. Other than that, creativity has been dumbed down with the nanosuit. Another thing I noticed is that headshots don't make any impact most of the time. You empty a whole freaking round into those Ceph aliens' faces and there they are, standing as if they were in line to get an iPad. Slightly disappointed here as well.

Overall, this game is to Crysis what Farcry 2 was to Farcry. A disappointment. It's a great standalone game but it doesn't do justice to Crysis series.

Quite good points Sunny. I played it most of today (did not go to office -- do not ask why). Seriously am not too interested to fire up the game again, it seems a re-hash of successful games, and themes+genres.

1. Before the apocalypse starts we see a scene of New Yorkers walking on the side walks (crowded), kids playing on swings in green parks. Remember: Beginning of T2.
2. Point Man enters the subway. Broken rooms, scattered building, noises around the corner. Typical vanilla F.E.A.R.
3. Point man drowns and is drowsy. Hollow+echo voice. COD:Black OPs.
4. The way the soldiers speak amongst themselves is typical COD stuff.

The AI is super duper dumb. At times you see the high rise snipers running circles where they are standing. WTF. Gaming in 2011. Heck remember F.E.A.R. where the ATC guards would topple over tables to create defensive mechanisms. The suit is way too powerful. It recharges quicker than I can blink 4x times.

I think the outstanding feature of this release is, the audio. Damn.........! It really has a punch, and is in-line with what is happening in the game. Truly inspiring, and motivational. Has excellent bass and rhythm.

Probably once I finish this game, will keep it just for benchmark purposes.

Last but not the least, the buggy release. Totally broken. Howling -- patches. Fail of a legacy.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
+1 for AI dumbness. They are moronic idiots. They are so moronic that.. I want to throw my gun away.. run to them.. and sucker punch their balls.

@asingh Yes, I do agree it's a combination of various other successful titles but it's fun enough for you to complete the game. As for music, it's top notch and really well done. I'm kind of addicted to the OST. :p

However, the game is a technical disaster. There are some severe bugs on the console version of the game as well. Like for a instance, in the Lab Rat level on the Xbox 360, if you die in the helicopter fight and reload, the game freezes. It just wouldn't load. I had to play that entire mission thrice. Wonder why developers don't iron out the bugs before releasing games. They should at least make sure that the console versions are bug-free.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^^ Yup the whole ending. Have you finished the game?

Got a bit confused in the last part.
Apologies for the delayed reply, but with work and other pressing issues at hand, I was unable to post a reply for your query. Any-hoo, let me try and take a shot at the ending. As always, I'm trying to piece together information from various places.

At the end of the final chapter 'A walk in the park', we see Alcatraz entering the spire and his suit slowly starting to ignite as he crawls towards the center. What's different in the suit this time? Well the Tunguska Iteration upgrade that Hargreave had asked us to inject, allows the suit to now reverse the spire's bio-weapon program and thereby triggering it to wipe out the entire Ceph battalion, instead of infecting the Human population.

Post this event, we switch into a brief memory sequence, where we see Prophet explaining certain aspects. He states that his (Prophets) body was infected with Ceph's virus. He says "The Cephs got to me man" and from the intro flash-back (Prophet shooting himself), it was pretty clear, that the virus was spreading within him. So he gave the suit to Alcatraz when he found him, almost dead, and communicate with him through it, as his memories/DNA were already embedded in it. He wanted Alcatraz to carry on the mission and FINISH it, like it was intended to, in the first place.

He then reveals that the Cephs have been in different places on Earth for a very long time and they were not restricted to just Lingshan (Crysis) or Manhattan (Crysis 2). So this war was far from over, it was just the beginning. Remember how Prophet says "You and me, marine, we don't get to die just yet. We gotta go back"? That's a cue that both of them need to get back on the mission.

After this, the suit reboots and you hear an AI voice saying "Assimilation complete". Then we see Karl Rasch broadcasting to Alcatraz's suit and adjusting the feed. He introduces himself and asks to identify who's inside the suit. You see Alcatraz rising up and a voice saying "They call me Prophet". This means that it's Alcatraz's body, assimilated with Prophet's memories and DNA. They are both one now, metaphorically speaking. Alcatraz was already a dead man walking, it was the suit which kept him alive, despite his internal injuries. This final process kept his body alive and fused Prophet's DNA, which were lying in the deeps layers of the suit.

This is the best explanation I could come up with. We could certainly get more opinions once we have more people competing the game.

cyborg47

Technomancer
cm extreme 600 might be the culprit.

May be, not sure about that.
The dvd drive im using is around 5 years old, and it stopped working a year ago :grin:

Quite good points Sunny. I played it most of today (did not go to office -- do not ask why). Seriously am not too interested to fire up the game again, it seems a re-hash of successful games, and themes+genres.

1. Before the apocalypse starts we see a scene of New Yorkers walking on the side walks (crowded), kids playing on swings in green parks. Remember: Beginning of T2.
2. Point Man enters the subway. Broken rooms, scattered building, noises around the corner. Typical vanilla F.E.A.R.
3. Point man drowns and is drowsy. Hollow+echo voice. COD:Black OPs.
4. The way the soldiers speak amongst themselves is typical COD stuff.

The AI is super duper dumb. At times you see the high rise snipers running circles where they are standing. WTF. Gaming in 2011. Heck remember F.E.A.R. where the ATC guards would topple over tables to create defensive mechanisms. The suit is way too powerful. It recharges quicker than I can blink 4x times.

I think the outstanding feature of this release is, the audio. Damn.........! It really has a punch, and is in-line with what is happening in the game. Truly inspiring, and motivational. Has excellent bass and rhythm.

Probably once I finish this game, will keep it just for benchmark purposes.

Last but not the least, the buggy release. Totally broken. Howling -- patches. Fail of a legacy.

:sad:

*i53.tinypic.com/11l61yx.jpg

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ Ethan Hunt

Thanks a million mate. This exactly has to be it. Yes it makes sense now.

Can't ask for anything better. Thanks a lot again.:smile:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
We are just thrown into New York City with a guy who gets the nanosuit but has no clue to what's happening around him. Literally, the SoB is clueless. On the top of that, the player doesn't speak unlike the first two games which is kind of a let down. You go through half the game with that Nathan Gould guy under the impression that you're Prophet. That's just moronic on the story writer's part.
How will Alcatraz have any clue of what's happening around him? Their Recon team's mission was crystal clear; to find Gould and extract him out of there. There was nothing briefed about Ceph's presence. Besides, he blacks out when Prophet grabs hold of him and doesn't even remember how he got the suit. So If I would be him, I would pretty much be clueless about what happened too. Also, you don't go through "half" the game as far as Gould assuming you to be Prophet. There is a hell of a lot more revelations remaining in the game. Stick with it.

[VG-CK] Crysis 2 DX11 patch not real

Crytek clarifies PC Crysis 2 DX11 situation - for News - VideoGamer.com

Looks like a mod confirmed it on their forums.

MyCrysis • View topic - DX11 Patch confirmed?

How will Alcatraz have any clue of what's happening around him? Their Recon team's mission was crystal clear; to find Gould and extract him out of there. There was nothing briefed about Ceph's presence. Besides, he blacks out when Prophet grabs hold of him and doesn't even remember how he got the suit. So If I would be him, I would pretty much be clueless about what happened too. Also, you don't go through "half" the game as far as Gould assuming you to be Prophet. There is a hell of a lot more revelations remaining in the game. Stick with it.

As several reviews have mentioned, the first half of the game is a drag, so I just kept going with it but it really picks up after 'Dead Man Walking'. The thing that pissed me off is that I was really looking forward to some explanation to what happened to Nomad instead of being given a completely new story to play with.

As far as storyline is concerned, I'm kind of disappointed so far but I'm really excited to see how they wrap it up. I'll probably be done with the game by tonight.

Last edited:

cyborg47

Technomancer
^^good.
I suggest you control your excitement for BF3 and ME3 as well, you never know what these consoles can do to gaming ;)

btw, got a new dvd drive, installing the game :D

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
^^good.
I suggest you control your excitement for BF3 and ME3 as well, you never know what these consoles can do to gaming ;)

btw, got a new dvd drive, installing the game :D

No. I am buying it anyway.

And, Sunneh, your avatar makes me read them comics all over again. Gotta do it soon enough.

Now in the mission called "Hargreave". Is this game too easy or what!?
I'm playing on vateran and the AI is still acting like a joke. Still its fun nevertheless. The background music is a blast. Sadly there is hardly any action. I find it to be more stealth and less gunfire action, or is it just me?

Top Bottom