gameranand

Living to Play
jojothedragon said:
use these mods to boost fps

inCrysis - Crysis Forums / Crysis 2 Advanced Graphics Options Application
Use this launched, set MSAA to 0 and fire up EDGE AA, same image quality but better frame rate.

With this:

Crytek's Official Modding Portal | Modifications | [WIP] Boost FPS tweak

Boosts fps from 40 to 50
Really?? You tried yourself or not??

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
A message to NVIDIAGeek: Be prepared to receive multiple orgasms, as this game will deliver you with exactly what you have been waiting for. I'm more than half-way through the game now and loved every inch of it.

If it wasn't for my sucky-a*s MTNL line crapping out yesterday, I would have posted this message sooner. :grin:

sameer.pur

The Chosen One
I hate that motion-blur. Thankfully that graphics options customization App (CFG file Editor) saved the day. Thanks to whoever developed that. :D
Currently in 8th Mission out of 19.

tkin

Back to school!!
I can't darn play this, I'm currently saving to buy a gaming headset,, maybe I'll pick it up from my friend 2nd hand.

PS: I played the leaked beta and it had LOL stamped all over it, the AI was just so good(sarcasm)

A message to NVIDIAGeek: Be prepared to receive multiple orgasms, as this game will deliver you with exactly what you have been waiting for. I'm more than half-way through the game now and loved every inch of it.

If it wasn't for my sucky-a*s MTNL line crapping out yesterday, I would have posted this message sooner. :grin:
He already went and bought a 6850 OC, looks like he's gearing up for those orgasms :grin:

PS: BSNL line craps out almost every 2 days or so, is this their way of bandwidth shaping? Disconnect user to save bandwidth?

tkin

Back to school!!
*hides in the bushes and raises hand* :sealed:
:?: You use a controller for FPS games in pc? Doesn't it affect your aiming?
Just asking, I have used the XBOX controller before and for shooters it ended up becoming too hard, I play with extremely high mouse sensitivity(3000DPI) and I don't get the same kind of feedback from the controller.
To each his own I guess.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
I'm playing with controller as well. With Aim assist turned off. Keyboard and Mouse require a alert pose in which I can't play for long. With controller.. I can lay back and play :p. Also, With keyboard and mouse I have to be 2 feet close to my 32" tv. With controller.. I can move a bit back :)

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
:?: You use a controller for FPS games in pc? Doesn't it affect your aiming?
Just asking, I have used the XBOX controller before and for shooters it ended up becoming too hard, I play with extremely high mouse sensitivity(3000DPI) and I don't get the same kind of feedback from the controller.
To each his own I guess.
I practically use the controller for every game that comes out on PC. As for aiming, well I've got used to it. Played tons of shooters on the consoles, so now I'm pretty much accustomed to the idea of using a controller for FPS/TPS games. I know it's not the optimal choice, but I guess it's more of a comfort choice, which I have got adapted to. The quick turns for aiming are definitely missed with mouse and keyboard, but the experience of enjoying a game, isn't hampered in any way.

gameranand

Living to Play
Well I tried to play Vegas 2 using my XBOX controller and I died many times without even killing about 10 foes so didn't tried any other FPS or TPS with controllers. I use it strictly for arcade type and racing games.

varunb

Working in an IT company
We indians are always at the receiving end in terms of multiplayer gaming. There is no Indian server. The only decent server I found out was Fragnetics but that too is full with SG gamers most of the time.

tkin

Back to school!!
We indians are always at the receiving end in terms of multiplayer gaming. There is no Indian server. The only decent server I found out was Fragnetics but that too is full with SG gamers most of the time.
Host your own server and play with friends in the city(COD4, GRiD, COD5), I get 30-40ms ping(when my conn isn't crapping out) and its very much playable.

gameranand

Living to Play
@jojothedragon
Which file have to be tweaked because in that link there are only coding and nothing about filename or something.

tkin

Back to school!!
I practically use the controller for every game that comes out on PC. As for aiming, well I've got used to it. Played tons of shooters on the consoles, so now I'm pretty much accustomed to the idea of using a controller for FPS/TPS games. I know it's not the optimal choice, but I guess it's more of a comfort choice, which I have got adapted to. The quick turns for aiming are definitely missed with mouse and keyboard, but the experience of enjoying a game, isn't hampered in any way.
Practice makes perfect I guess, planning to buy a console when I get a job(apparently its easy to gets parents to buy 1 lac pc but not 20k X360 as its for gaming ONLY, if they knew what i do with my pc.....), maybe will get used to the controller then.

PS: Can you achieve the same accuracy with the controller as with a mouse?

gameranand

Living to Play
tkin said:
PS: Can you achieve the same accuracy with the controller as with a mouse?
No. I have many friends who play on consoles and when I ask them that they always say that we can't achieve that accuracy but good enough to kill everyone and not get killed but the accuracy which can be achieved by mouse can't be achieved by controller IMO.

tkin

Back to school!!
@jojothedragon
Which file have to be tweaked because in that link there are only coding and nothing about filename or something.
Thats a CFG(config file) tweak, you need to create a file called autoexec.cfg and paste it in game folder(open notepad, paste that text, save as autoexec,cfg and as all files), or you can directly edit the system.cfg file. The autoexec is temporary solution and works best, when loading, crysis2 gives priority to autoexec file and loads the variables from there before moving to the system.cfg file.

HOW TO: Fix FOV, Tweak Graphics, and use an Auto-Exec - Crysis 2 Message Board for PC - GameFAQs

More links:
crysis 2 autoexec - Google Search

This tweak was used widely to mod(change lod etc) crysis and crysis wh without altering textures.

No. I have many friends who play on consoles and when I ask them that they always say that we can't achieve that accuracy but good enough to kill everyone and not get killed but the accuracy which can be achieved by mouse can't be achieved by controller IMO.
Exactly, like sniping in COD4, without my mouse it would have been a bloody mess(on me).

varunb

Working in an IT company
Host your own server and play with friends in the city(COD4, GRiD, COD5), I get 30-40ms ping(when my conn isn't crapping out) and its very much playable.

Thanks for your suggestions but: :-(

1. The games you suggested are barely played. GRID is not my type of game. Infact most of my friends are playing countertsrike or l4d2. I do like l4d2 but its never easy to have 8 players available.

2. You forget that hosting is an issue because of very low upload speeds.
3. We don't have dedicated Indian servers showing up when the game releases like the way happens in SG & other countries. The servers show up after 3-4 months.

I dont know when this problem gets solved so that you, I & others can enjoy gaming properly.

Top Bottom