CreditCards... which of them is da best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clmlbx

Technomancer
icici bank asks to have minimum RS 20000 in your account to get a credit card

is there any other bank with less minimum amount or no minimum amount necessary for credit card

Last edited:

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
clmlbx said:
icici bank asks to have minimum RS 20000 in your account to get a credit card

is there any other bank with less minimum amount or no minimum amount necessary for credit card
Try BOB card........... bank of baroda.
i think U even don't need any account to have a BOB credit card.

If you are a student..than there is special annual charge free credit card.
Find more here:
www.bobcards.com

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
dreams said:
I hv HDFC Gold credit card(Lifetime free) I think it's one of the best..I get charged only when I use it..If i pay the due within the due date then nothin else..u r releived..Personally I prefer payin the due's within the due date or atleast the minimum due's.

I also hate ICICI, SBI. I applied for lifetime free deutsche CC but got rejected when failed to attend their verific cal frm pune.

Now hv applied for Barclays(Lifetime free) Hope it satisfies me like HDFC.

Note - My frnd has deutsche, but we applied for it due to CC design..Selectin our design.
han han jara hdfc ka site par ja kar ache se pura funda clear karo n then we wil see ki kitna hiden charges hai usme.

DONT GO FOR HDFC AT ALL.my father is in SBI n he showed me all those hidden charges of hdfc.

i dont hav any idea abt credit cards but dont go for hdfc.

ahref

In the zone
For credit card, bank account in that bank is not required, I have HDFC and citibank card, and no account in those bank.

din

Tribal Boy
@clmlbx

While the BANK issue a credit card, they look for a lot of things - like whether the person wil lbe able to pay the amount, how much he earn, whats his profession, howz the bank statement etc etc. And if they do not find much supporting things, they will suggest us to deposit some amount in the bank, but that is not the same in all cases.

For example, if you are working for some MNC or very reputed company, they will not check much, they will give you CC very fast.

Bank account is also not a must for getting CC, but as I mentioned above, sometimes they change the criterea and ask us to open an account.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Actually you SHOULD NOT take a card from your bank. They tie it to your account and bill you without asking, arbitrary charges. So you get billed first, then fight later.

clmlbx

Technomancer
din said:
@clmlbx

While the BANK issue a credit card, they look for a lot of things - like whether the person wil lbe able to pay the amount, how much he earn, whats his profession, howz the bank statement etc etc. And if they do not find much supporting things, they will suggest us to deposit some amount in the bank, but that is not the same in all cases.

For example, if you are working for some MNC or very reputed company, they will not check much, they will give you CC very fast.

Bank account is also not a must for getting CC, but as I mentioned above, sometimes they change the criterea and ask us to open an account.

YOU MAY BE RIGHT , I JUST TURNED 18 AND OPENED AN ACCOUNT .

I AM A STUDENT .SO THEY ASKED ME FOR MINIMUM BALANCE .

bhutanesedude

The Thunderer
Guys...I am a 19 years old boy...wishing to have one credit card from india.....but I am in bhutan right now....how and which one should I go for...I went thru this forum from start but came with no conclusion....

hailgautam

Youngling
Try this link:

*www.ashishmehta.com/blog/2006/09/25/its-pouring-credit-cards-but-be-careful/

many have discussed their card experiances.

posted without permission. let me know should i need one.

satyamy

Alive Again...
bhutanesedude said:
Guys...I am a 19 years old boy...wishing to have one credit card from india.....but I am in bhutan right now....how and which one should I go for...I went thru this forum from start but came with no conclusion....
huuummmm

If you are from Bhutan how can you get CC from INDIA
which countries citizen ship you have ?

also I am from INDIA and and INDIAN Citizen, but it took 15 days and they verified my address 2-3 times by visiting my address i have given to them

So inshort You cant get a CC until you reside in INDIA

you can get a CC From any Bhutan Bank

bhutanesedude

The Thunderer
satyamy said:
So inshort You cant get a CC until you reside in INDIA

you can get a CC From any Bhutan Bank

Well...I don't know about citizenship but, for information of all visitors, we do not credit card service in Bhutan...so I am looking from somewhere nearby Bhutan which is India....

satyamy

Alive Again...
bhutanesedude said:
Well...I don't know about citizenship but, for information of all visitors, we do not credit card service in Bhutan...so I am looking from somewhere nearby Bhutan which is India....
mail you query to icicibank
*infinity.icicibank.co.in/web/emailus/jsp/emailUs.jsp

may be they can help you :p

praka123

left this forum longback
afaik SBI and all have overseas branches.dont know if it is there in bhutan.
wait!ur country's banks now have CC's.
*www.bhutannationalbank.com/credit_cards.htm
^but their conditions :shock:

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
I have a Deutsche Bank credit card...and till date I have no probs with it. I got that easily too (I applied for it bcuz of Sania's pic on it)...

ICICI and SBI have appeared on news for using goons as recovery agents. I would suggest do not go for them. None of the credit cards require you to have a bank account with them (so minimum balance thing is not for real).

I have ABN AMRO card too. But the only prob is their rate of interest is too high (if you miss payment) and another thing, their marketing executives will make your life hell. I get around 3-4 calls daily from their Delhi office and I am really pi**ed.

Deutsche and ABN Amro cards are Master Cards. Having an ICICI (Visa) card will be helpful. One of my close friend is using ICICI Platinum card. He is very happy with it.

amol48

Searching...
I am a Student 19 yrs.. Can I also have a Credit Card. I searched at ICICI's site. Their T&C were minimum age 21yrs.. is it for all the banks ? Is there any other way to get a CC on my own name ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom