CPU/Chipset News

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
^^^Not under 8k but under 5k..actually 4-4.5k yes......remember Athlon II X2 250 was at 79$, and now Athlon II X3 cheapest is 76$, so expect that price range....

rite now....INTEL only wins with the high end (60+ budget) range...rest is AMD...

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yup, to tell it more clear way if you got budget of around 11K and up get intel.
Anything less get AMD with eyes closed and you will be in the wonderland if you have budget of around 5-6K for a multicore cpu :p

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Intel Core i7 960 (3.20 GHz) set for Q1 2010 release

Base Clock speed: 2.88 GHz
Turbo to: 3.2GHz

Source: *www.bit-tech.net/news/hardware/2009/10/28/core-i7-930-arriving-q1-2010/1

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ It's already launched :p :p

Intel® Core™ i7-960 Processor (8M Cache, 3.20 GHz Turbo : 3.46 GHz, 4.80 GT/s Intel® QPI)

Launch Date : Q4'09

*ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=37151

BTW, the cpu you are talking about is core i7 930 :p

Last edited:
P

paroh

i7 is good but the price is high. As there are also other good news that asus release PCI version of USB 3.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Intel Core i3 (dual core) and new dual core core i5 processors listed in europe

Pricing:

Core i5-650 (dual core, 3.2GHz): 160euro
Core i5-660 (dual core, 3.3GHz): 175euro
Core i5-670 (dual core, 3.46GHz): 252euro

Core i3-530 (dual core, 2.93GHz): 104euro
Core i3-540 (dual core, 3.06GHz): 120euro

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
core i3 is budget dual core LGA1156 offering by Intel. These will be replacing the E7xxx and the dual core core i5's will be replacing E8xxx

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
The i3 socket will differ from the i5 socket.

Over all how many Intel sockets do we have now, barring the LGA775...?

Krow

Crowman
The i3 socket will differ from the i5 socket.

Over all how many Intel sockets do we have now, barring the LGA775...?
Erm... According to desii's post, the i3 has LGA1156 socket, which is the same as i5, isn't it?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^ Okay just checked it out. Intel is really making a mess of it. So damn confusing.

Socket CPU
1366 i7/i9
1155 i5
1156 i3/i5/i7

Why did they repeat the names for some of the CPUs. Just give them other names. Groaan...!

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
is it me or the prices for a dual core seem too much...wotn four core athlon II X4 be faster in real world applications than a dual core even with hyper threading???

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Intel is :noob:. :eek:

Correction. core i3 works on mPGA-989. whatever this is, clearly is bullshit.

Do not know what the heck Intel is doing. Releasing sockets like a brand releases soaps.

I like the way AMD deals with the AM3+ line of sockets. They are upward/backward compatible. For each socket we will have a new chipset. :-x And I can bet you some will be DDR3 dual - channel and some will be DDR3 tri - channel, as they did with the p55/x58.

And why the heck name them the same (and NO I do not like to remember code names -- Penryn/Wolfdale/Clarkdale etc to differentiate). Two i5's different sockets. Heck...! What type of standardization is this...!

Top Bottom