Chrome poised to take No. 2 browser spot from Firefox

socrates

In the zone
StatCounter's data points to a December 2011 take-over by Google's browser. Chrome poised to take No. 2 browser spot from Firefox - Computerworld

Sarath

iDota
More like because of the ads in the google home page, huge billboards in the US and Europe, and full page adverts in newspapers.

When google advertises for itself then no one can beat that.

I caught on chrome very early on. I never like FF as much as Opera though. I hated the minimalistic design of chrome but soon fell in love with it.
Plus google guesses websites and search meant there was no reason to look back.

Sumeet_naik

It doesn't matter!
Am using Chrome for google based sites, Firefox for Facebook(with all their data collection technique, it seemed logical) and opera for blog reading etc..

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Opera > all except Firefox.

Chrome is not even the fastest and lightest. Opera is. ;)

Browser Speed Tests: Firefox 7, Chrome 14, Internet Explorer 9, and More

I like the stability of Opera. Firefox drinks RAM-juice and randomly decides to crash. But nothing beats the interface of Firefox. Personal opinion but with firefox its easier to get many things done. Another issue with opera is many sites not supporting full functionality in it. If a browser could combine the two, it'd be unbeatable.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Another thread to throw our opinions? :p

Linux: Firefox > Opera > Chromium
Windows: Opera > Firefox > Chrome > IE9 > Safari

OP
socrates

socrates

In the zone
Has anyone faced this Microsoft kills Google Chrome with bad malware signature - Computerworld

'One way to win the browser war,' says security expert :(

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
Well, I'm committed to Google Chrome. Perfect Interface! Chrome Apps! Most Viewed Websites! Blah! Blah!

I've never liked FF.

Opera might prove to be better than Chrome. But, I still prefer Chrome. I have used it extensively & can't switch.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Each browser caters to different needs of people.

Firefox = for power users
Opera = for people drooling over features
Chrome = for people desiring speed and simplicity.
IE = for people who wants to live in the past.

Period

Top Bottom