Camera talk...

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
I've used an SSD based laptop and while it does have great battery life and almost instantly opens up files anywhere on the disk (since there is no head that needs to search out the proper place on the platter and then start reading) it does not really give that much of a real world performance boost. In fact most of the time your files (RAW/jpeg) will just be sitting on the computer not being used. So I don't really think that not going for an SSD will make that much of a difference. If you do have the funds however then get a small SSD 160GB or so, keep all editing software and other programs on this and keep your files on a much cheaper external drive

raja manuel

In the zone
I've used an SSD based laptop and while it does have great battery life and almost instantly opens up files anywhere on the disk (since there is no head that needs to search out the proper place on the platter and then start reading) it does not really give that much of a real world performance boost. In fact most of the time your files (RAW/jpeg) will just be sitting on the computer not being used. So I don't really think that not going for an SSD will make that much of a difference. If you do have the funds however then get a small SSD 160GB or so, keep all editing software and other programs on this and keep your files on a much cheaper external drive

I second this. I've got 2.5 TB of 6,400 RPM HDs in my machine, and I would say that it is better to get external hard disks for data storage and a small SSD for programs.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
why the UV Filters are so costly?

like this one Hoya HD Ultra Violet (0) 58mm Lens Filter: Buy Online @ Rs.2868/- | Snapdeal.com

can't we use a cheap filter?

axelzdly1

mR.coNfusEd
why the UV Filters are so costly?

like this one Hoya HD Ultra Violet (0) 58mm Lens Filter: Buy Online @ Rs.2868/- | Snapdeal.com

can't we use a cheap filter?

hoya filters are one of the best in town..sure they will be costly..UV filters have negligible effect, infact no effect on the lens, people just use it as a protection against dust.
I use a cheap one @350..doesnt hurt.

sujoyp

Grand Master
people use costly UV filter so that it do not effect picture quality and protect the front element too ....its cost is to not effect anything on lens quality

Hrishi

^ANd I used to think that it stops glare. :facepalm: me.

Anyways , I have 500 bucks in my wallet in flipkart. Anything good to buy for the camera ?? I know , it won't get me much. So i'll add like 500 bucks more to it , making it 1000.

I received those 500bucks for free , as a token of apology from flipkart. Thinking to use it on cam.

sujoyp

Grand Master
get a wired trigger if flipkart have one ...or get a lens cleaner or a CPL ..you can also get a better lens hood for your lens

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ Flash diffuser, bouncer/reflector, lens adapter, lens cleaner/pen, lens hood, GND, ND, CPL... See which one you want and comes in your budget.

Hrishi

How about a lens hood ?? My stock 18-55mm doesnt have any hood. I think it has a thread of 55mm . Anything good under 600-700bucks .?

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
If you are reallly looking for cheap solutions then there are a couple of websites that give you a printable profile for lens hoods. You can print these out, stick them on black cardboard and roll it into a cylinder to make a lens hood. A very rough and ready shoestring solution.

Print your own lens hood

Zangetsu

^ANd I used to think that it stops glare. :facepalm: me.
to stop glare use Polaroid Filters

- - - Updated - - -

hoya filters are one of the best in town..sure they will be costly..UV filters have negligible effect, infact no effect on the lens, people just use it as a protection against dust.
I use a cheap one @350..doesnt hurt.
Right...UV effects Film Cameras and not digital cameras

well I m thinking of buying a UV filter as there are so many brands NiSi,KenKo,Hoya,Omax etc
a decent quality which doesn't effect picture quality and 500bucks is good for me...any?

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Graduated filters will not be totally clear. Polarizing filters will saturate colors and reduce the reflection from water and metal. If you need it just to protect the lens then the best bet is a UV filter.

sujoyp

Grand Master
yaah cheap filter anyways degrade the quality...and may just overdo things ...its always recommended to use good quality filters if using always ....I have only one hoya CPL ...no other filters

Zangetsu

Guys...
which will be good a reversal ring
or a macro lens attachment (I forgot the popular brand name..it begins with 'R' I think :chinscratch:)

sujoyp

Grand Master
zangetsu ...first tell me which lens do you plan to reverse if you get reversal lens ...I think you may know that to use reversal ring or extension tubes for macro photography you should have aperture ring on lens

Top Bottom