Camera talk...

kaz

right here
Thanks [MENTION=125321]nac[/MENTION] that's what I too have suggested him. Is also has a UCB watch free which others don't :p

sujoyp

Grand Master
[MENTION=125321]nac[/MENTION] I am going to miss many of them...or maybe buy some again there...my tripod is almost useless now after getting D7000 ...it cant handle it...will get a new one soon ...also I want a more friendly bag..which looks simple..and not camera bag :)

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I have been thinking of upgrading my PC for quite sometime. And a thread regarding that was posted few days back. I don't know why this didn't strike me before... You guys could throw some light on few things.

If you guys are working in low end PC, you will know how painfully slow they are... esp if you are working in PS, combinez, deepskystacker and other heavy image editing software.

I would like to know your experience esp. if any of you guys are PPing in i3 or below.

I really appreciate the guys in PC config thread, and they have nicely shaped up the configuration. Some experience from fellow hobbyist, PP experts would help what I can expect... So the reason for making a post here.

kaz

right here
I have been thinking of upgrading my PC for quite sometime. And a thread regarding that was posted few days back. I don't know why this didn't strike me before... You guys could throw some light on few things.

If you guys are working in low end PC, you will know how painfully slow they are... esp if you are working in PS, combinez, deepskystacker and other heavy image editing software.

I would like to know your experience esp. if any of you guys are PPing in i3 or below.

I really appreciate the guys in PC config thread, and they have nicely shaped up the configuration. Some experience from fellow hobbyist, PP experts would help what I can expect... So the reason for making a post here.

Once I told you to get a new PC when some formatting options were not available and you took that seriously :shock: good good ;)

I have a desktop with i3-2100 2nd Gen...Which software you want me to run?

sujoyp

Grand Master
My pC is simple...and I dont find any lag ....My PC have i3(3rd gen) 4GB RAM , intel graphics :D , simple 17inch monitor with normal 1024x768 res ...I have no problems

My lappy have bit good config i7, 8 GB RAM, GT650M graphic card and 1600x900 resolution screen but it does not make any difference in photoshop

kaz

right here
i3 with intel graphics is not that weak actually. My smaller brother plays NFS Most Wanted and FIFA 10 without any lag on that...Though newer NFS titles and COD are not playable but that's just a gfx card away

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Once I told you to get a new PC when some formatting options were not available and you took that seriously :shock: good good :wink:
I have a desktop with i3-2100 2nd Gen...Which software you want me to run?
:lol:
I am yet to start saving. Once I finalize the entire setup, based on priority I can buy it as and when I have enough savings to get it rather than waiting for another 6 months to save for everything.
I am pleased to hear that you can test it for me :) I really appreciate it.
I think your experience itself good enough for me. How is your system performance when you're PPing a high res. image? When simultaneously running more than two image editing software?
My pC is simple...and I dont find any lag ....My PC have i3(3rd gen) 4GB RAM , intel graphics :D , simple 17inch monitor with normal 1024x768 res ...I have no problems
My lappy have bit good config i7, 8 GB RAM, GT650M graphic card and 1600x900 resolution screen but it does not make any difference in photoshop
That's good to hear. I thought I would be needing a dedicated graphic card to get a smooth performance. If Intel's integrated GPU is good enough for PP, I don't need to look for dedicated graphic card.
:rofl: So, for hobbyist i3 with IGP or i7 with dedicated GPU, both are same :D

Anyone using Intel's G series processor (or it's AMD equivalent) without dedicated GPU for PPing?

kaz

right here
I dont use that desktop [MENTION=125321]nac[/MENTION] I have another laptop on which I do those stuffs...I will check that and let you know...

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Sujoy, Your gears spread across the entire "King' size bed ;)

Kaz,
S02 and S2800 both doesn't have mechanical IS, so you can leave that out. IXUS is fine.

Tenida,
For you? You have 600D, right?
I think HS50EXR offers good physical controls, good reach, poor video... It's a nice choice along with SX50 and FZ200 to consider. But after Canon slashed price of SX50, it looks attractive now.

Yeah I have 600D, now need some high-zoom cam for traveling. Don't like to carry DSLR every time.

sujoyp

Grand Master
[MENTION=52310]Tenida[/MENTION] ...I too wish for same...and sony RX100 fullfills everything ;)

- - - Updated - - -

today going to pune and then mumbai ....now time to change my photography style ...lets see what mumbai gives me ...I am very excited about rainy season lonavla and bandra worli sea link shots :)

Tenida

Gadget Freak
[MENTION=52310]Tenida[/MENTION] ...I too wish for same...and sony RX100 fullfills everything ;)

- - - Updated - - -

today going to pune and then mumbai ....now time to change my photography style ...lets see what mumbai gives me ...I am very excited about rainy season lonavla and bandra worli sea link shots :)
This Sony DSC-RX100 Point & Shoot Camera Rs.27990 Price in India - Buy Sony DSC-RX100 Point & Shoot Camera Online - Sony: Flipkart.com cam looks like best P&S in whole universe. Thanks for suggesting. Will buy during diwali or durga puja ;)

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to Mumbai man, im sure you will enjoy here
you coming for studies or a job btw?

sujoyp

Grand Master
[MENTION=184724]kkn13[/MENTION] comming for job...hope i start liking mumbai soon ;)
[MENTION=52310]Tenida[/MENTION] rx100 is very popular...very nice cam

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Here comes another one, from Panasonic to compete with the likes of RX10, Stylus 1...
Not just another superzoom...

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
6k for an SSD vs 2.5k for a RAM stick ?
SSDs are the secret to loading up PS superfast (or so I am told).
Yeah, I heard that... Most of those guys are professional and their work demand such things. Whereas me, an hobbyist... that's too much. If possible, I can borrow SSD from someone, just to know the how much is the difference in real life. :)

sujoyp

Grand Master
SSD are still very costly...and capacity is less...our RAW files will be then kept in other drive for storage

Top Bottom