Camera talk...

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
Thanks everyone.
VirtualDub + Quicktime + X264 did it for me today. I got file size down to 10%.
Its a little slow & boring process though.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Thanks everyone.
VirtualDub + Quicktime + X264 did it for me today. I got file size down to 10%.
Its a little slow & boring process though.

I dont know about file conversion using quicktime, but I postively hate their bloated players. Try Handbrake for encoding/format conversion.

Secondly whats your encoding process ? I hope you are not doing multiple passes, that'll kill the IQ.

sujoyp

Grand Master
just a bit of showoff...but I shot it for myself...have a look :p

All my gears togather...I will leave at home most of them and take minimum gears to mumbai next week :(

*farm6.staticflickr.com/5036/14328252502_8dac4cb8b3_c.jpgMy Gears by sujoyp, on Flickr

- - - Updated - - -

this does not have Nikon D3100+18-55 as I was using it to take this shot

Hrishi

just a bit of showoff...but I shot it for myself...have a look :p

All my gears togather...I will leave at home most of them and take minimum gears to mumbai next week :(

*farm6.staticflickr.com/5036/14328252502_8dac4cb8b3_c.jpgMy Gears by sujoyp, on Flickr

- - - Updated - - -

this does not have Nikon D3100+18-55 as I was using it to take this shot
Wow , that's worth at least 0.2-0.3mn INR for sure. :p
You forgot the battery charger .:p

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
I dont know about file conversion using quicktime, but I postively hate their bloated players. Try Handbrake for encoding/format conversion.
Not the quicktime player (have never used it) , It is just a quicktime plugin (dll file) that needs to be added to Virtual dub to make it open .mov and some other file types.

Secondly whats your encoding process ? I hope you are not doing multiple passes, that'll kill the IQ.

I had to convert all the .mov files to .avi format. (using x264 for compression). There were some settings I saw in an youtube video for x264 for best results. I resized them from 1080 down to 540 & 360 (for some).
Then appended all the small avi files to make a big one out of it.

One thing I've learned from this. I don't need 1920*1080 for home videos, The next time I'm shooting small.

sujoyp

Grand Master
@gen I shoot max at 720p ...it saves space and puts less pressure on DSLR memory card ...and less time to convert
[MENTION=121890]kaz[/MENTION] :D dont be ....next week I will have just D7000+17-50+50mm+55mm macro ....all other things will be at home

sujoyp

Grand Master
cause I dont think in mumbai I will need it...and i dont have a PG room yet in mumbai ....I will settle down there and will take my other equipment in winter when I will come home for visit

kaz

right here
cause I dont think in mumbai I will need it...and i dont have a PG room yet in mumbai ....I will settle down there and will take my other equipment in winter when I will come home for visit

hmmm cool :)

- - - Updated - - -

Any one from these for my friend's father:
Canon Ixux 145
Nikon s2800 or L29 or S02

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Guys planning to buy this camera. Fujifilm FinePix HS50EXR Advance Point and shoot Camera Rs.28700 Price in India - Buy Fujifilm FinePix HS50EXR Advance Point and shoot Camera Online - Fujifilm: Flipkart.com
What do you think about this cam?

kaz

right here
You have better options in this range:
The best super zoom digital cameras
Best megazoom digital cameras - CNET
Top 10 Best Ultra Zoom Bridge Digital Cameras 2013

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Guys planning to buy this camera. Fujifilm FinePix HS50EXR Advance Point and shoot Camera Rs.28700 Price in India - Buy Fujifilm FinePix HS50EXR Advance Point and shoot Camera Online - Fujifilm: Flipkart.com
What do you think about this cam?

Do you NEED the superzoom ? Is it a must ?

If not, you are treading in the RX100 territory, and so tread with care - for the RX100 is a gem of a camera.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
+1 for the RX100. You might use the zoom at times (you will need a tripod to use it fully) but the low light imaging, photo quality and compactness of the RX100 will be more useful.

As a matter of fact you might also want to look at the sony a3000 or the older NEX3 if an interchangeable lens is an option

sujoyp

Grand Master
If you want pocketable then RX100 ...it is just great...best P&S
If you want big zoom+better low light capability then panasonic FZ200 ...

fuji HS50EXR is no doubt great...but many options available

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Sujoy, Your gears spread across the entire "King' size bed ;)

Kaz,
S02 and S2800 both doesn't have mechanical IS, so you can leave that out. IXUS is fine.

Tenida,
For you? You have 600D, right?
I think HS50EXR offers good physical controls, good reach, poor video... It's a nice choice along with SX50 and FZ200 to consider. But after Canon slashed price of SX50, it looks attractive now.

Top Bottom