Camera talk...

Hrishi

Guys is there a list of TDF photographers @ on flikr with list of their gears ??

Was looking for someone who is using Sony DSLR(T) .

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ You're the one and only TDF member I know of owning a DSLT.
Yes, there is a group in flickr.

sujoyp

Grand Master
[MENTION=121890]kaz[/MENTION] get a bag which have easy access just like fastpack one ...I would say get the fastpack 250 itself ....it have nice easy access to take out the dslr+70-300 when required and you can keep towel laptop tablet in the other part when needed :)
[MENTION=125321]nac[/MENTION] thats great memory you have :D
[MENTION=17225]Rishi[/MENTION] tell us more about DSLT ...it maybe the future very soon ;)

kaz

right here
Hmmmm thanks :) Meanwhile I was browsing this:
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQzKoepng5U

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
ooh really ...then sony must be thinking of total mirrorless .....they already have lots of mirrorless in lineup

Hrishi

DSLT , cameras have lesser noise(operating sound). That I can say from my observation between my friend's D5100 , 650D .
The EVF & Liveview are great stuff , at least good for a total amateur like me.
Easy to use interface , easier than Nikon and Canon.

The Image stabilization and built-in auto-focus in the camera helps a lot when using cheap lenses , like Tamron 70-300mm Di LD. ( The A-F is way too noisy though in the Tamron lens.)

Haven't tried to record any videos yet , so can't say much about it. But I have read that Alpha a58 has excellent video capabilities.

- - - Updated - - -

ooh really ...then sony must be thinking of total mirrorless .....they already have lots of mirrorless in lineup

the NEX series , right ?? But still the mirrorless cameras have a lot to cope up with when giving challenge to DSLR , right ??

- - - Updated - - -

But, I read this (I don't know where/when)... "A58 may be the last DSLT"
I Hope Nooooo........:cry:

- - - Updated - - -

^ You're the one and only TDF member I know of owning a DSLT.
Yes, there is a group in flickr.
Man , I feel so isolated. :p

sujoyp

Grand Master
yes rishi the nex range ...now they even have a full frame mirrorless in there range...soo Sony is planning ahead with that

Hrishi

yes rishi the nex range ...now they even have a full frame mirrorless in there range...soo Sony is planning ahead with that
Yeah they do have a model with full frame sensor and probably one of the fastest auto-focus systems in compact cameras , but still why would they want to withdraw their hands off from the DSL(T) System ??
Is the Mirror less technology going to render the DSLR obsolete in near future ??

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Here it is... Just APS-C
(SR5) There will be no more APS-C SLT cameras anymore. | sonyalpharumors

- - - Updated - - -

Anybody watching on going T20 series??? My dad said, he saw Canon ad and said my camera looks very big in TV :) What??? Ad for a 4 year old, low end compact, discontinued model SX130!!! Probably he thought that Canon makes only this model :D It should be an ad for one of the latest model. If you guys have seen that ad, please gimme a link. I couldn't find it, all I could find was the old one with Anushka Sharma for powershot model "makes us click" ad.

sujoyp

Grand Master
in T20 canon are showing ad of 100D mostly I think...there ad are soo beautifully made that I tend to neglect the main product itself :D
[MENTION=17225]Rishi[/MENTION] ...mirrorless is the future...DSLR shape + mirrorless for me ....and a pocket mirrorless with APSC sensor+3x zoom as secondry shadi party holiday camera :D

- - - Updated - - -

Non-AI is the oldest one and it can not be used directly to modern DSLR ...it had to be converted to AI to be usable
AI - normal manual lenses ...will not confirm AF or meter with any modern DSLR
AIS - It gives AF confirmation when you rotate the AF ring and it will meter ...I think spot metering woks with them
AF - it will autofocus with all DSLR above D80, D90, D7000, D200,D300 etc
AF-D - It have a distance technology which helped flash compensation or you can say that DSLR could calculate how far away you are from the subject and will use flash acordingly (I think this is correct...have to recheck)
AF-S - its the modern lenses which have ultrasonic motor inside ....the cheaper ones or budget ones have a smaller motor soo they focus slow but from Nikon 70-300 VR onwards all lenses have ultrasonic motors

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
If you are looking at specs of TV or a phone the screen resolution is mentioned x pixels by y pixels (like 1920x1080). But camera screen resolution is always writing in dots. Why is that?

sujoyp

Grand Master
here is the solution :)

*tctechcrunch2011.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/dots-v-pixels.png

A quick PSA on "dots" versus "pixels" in LCDs | TechCrunch

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
there are quite a few cameras coming out these days, even in the mirrorless range from sony (BTW sony decided to kill the NEX name since it was gettign too popular:)... marketing geniuses I tell you )

Just used a friend's 50D on the weekend, what an amazing camera, brilliant low light performance, even at 6400 ISO you'll need to search for noise in the dark areas of the picture. Very fast, focuses even before you've finished composing the shot.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Look [MENTION=125321]nac[/MENTION] one more semi-pro lover in the line ;)

I told you D90,D7000, D300,50D,60D,7D these maybe old but not old enough to get beaten by D3xxx,D5xxx or 1xxxD , 6xxD :D

I was telling nac that once use a semipro and you will notice the difference :)

Top Bottom