Camera talk...

sujoyp

Grand Master
yaah 5DMKIII is too good ...but its equally costly ...around 2 lakh body only...then the full frame lenses are also costly ...you need to have 3 lakh in your pocket to tame the beast

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
I'm thinking to upgrade to a better body from my 1000D. Tied up between 70D and 7D. Apart from the better magnesium alloy body, the 7D is almost equal in all other specs. Even the proc and sensor are better in 70D.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ If you want better 7D, wait a little. Most likely Canon will announce MK II in this year :)

sujoyp

Grand Master
Nac 7Dmk2 will definitely cost around 90k body only ....its for wildlife professionals who dont need full frame
[MENTION=145411]ANIRBAN[/MENTION] if you want to get new then get 70D else 7D used costing 50k is good deal .....but I really feel 7D was targeted for birding and wildlife...it dont have good ISO but awesome focussing and burst speed

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
[MENTION=39722]sujoyp[/MENTION] and [MENTION=125321]nac[/MENTION] the current price of the 7D is 85k. MkII will be above 1.25L. For sure.

Anyway.. Its not going to happen anytime soon, I think.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ Yeah, that's what I am thinking. MK II will cost as much as an entry level FF. If MK II comes with some new tech, nothing to surprise if they price it even above the FF.

sujoyp

Grand Master
there low end FF is 6D which is good in itself ...but is targetted to more of portrait and fashion photographers ....soo if 7Dmk2 is priced equal to that then it may cost as much as 6D ...both have different purposes and targetted at different market

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
How does the canon naming system work. 5d is better then the 6d and 7d is not a full frame? Amd what are the mk1,2,3? Versions of the model?

sujoyp

Grand Master
LOL amlan good question

5D is maybe 5-6 yrs old FF DSLR then comes 5DMK2 and last year 5Dmk3...these are mid level FF DSLR
6D is basic FF dslr..you can say entry level FF DSLR
7D is the top end APSC sensor DSLR and its almost 6 years old and to be upgraded to 7Dmk2
1DMK4 is the highest FF DSLR in canon range

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ 7D is more like ASP-C version of 1Dx. So they have reason to price as high as 6D or even more.

- - - Updated - - -

Sujoy,
1D MK IV is APS H model. It's 1Dx, the high end model in Canon FF line up.
5D is the first FF targeting consumers (I mean people like enthusiast, amateur, like us :D) it's about 8.5yrs old.
7D is 4.5yrs old.

sujoyp

Grand Master
humm soo you checked all the release dates :) I was just gussing

but 1DMK4 is still the top end DSLR ;)
1Dx is the top end FF..right?

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Sujoy, I know the age of the cameras you mentioned are way off... I wanted to be little accurate, so YES, I checked :D
They announced a version called 1Dc just 6 months after 1Dx. But I don't what's the difference between the two cameras other than the name. :) May be they just named new and upgraded the firmware fixing some bugs :D

Anirban, FF means Full Frame. :) Sorry for the confusion.

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
1Dx and Nikon D4s are for people who want speed. Like sports photographers or other professionals. These will perform well at any ISO and have very fast focus and burst rate

5D mark3 and d800 is for someone who is going from APSC to full frame. They will offer the IQ of full frame but not the speed of 1DX. 5D has also got great video features.

6D is entry level full frame camera.

All of them are pretty good. And will outperform each othet depending on the situation. If you are shooting in a studio or controlled lightning the D800 will be better than D4 or 1Dx. However for sports the 1Dx or even the 7d will perform better than D800

Similarly for videographers the 5D mark 3 is the best. These are meant for different purposes.

Then there is hasselblad with their 200MP cameras. They are good for product photos. But it doesn't mean they are better in everything. At higher ISO it would probably lose to something like D7100 or 70D.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
wow, never knew this stuff. But considering these prices, the bulk and the lens prices I can understand why ameteurs would find the sony A7 (1lakh) and A7r (1.3 lakh) appealing. BTW sony is now also planning to make a medium format camera, thus stepping on hasselblads feet

sujoyp

Grand Master
for us a used FF DSLR is the max I can think ....a used 5Dmk2 cost around 80k and its awesome for sports ....a D700 cost around 60k and its very good in low light ...I had this thing in my mind when I bought by D7000 but then FF lenses are very costly

kaz

right here
Rumors: Nikon will take away raw support from future cheap DSLRs, like D3XXX D5XXX D7XXX DXXX

D5200 available @33k on Amazon (anyone interested should grab one now)....There is some crazy new seller Pay Less who has got cheapest deals over all products :(

Top Bottom