sujoyp

Grand Master
yes nac...I saw it long before :D

@faun can you post pic of your setup and a closeup of ballhead
whats the total cost of both the items?

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^yeah, once I reach home today. Already taken pics but haven't got time.

I still feel that the setup is not as strudy and stable on marble floor I was using it.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I have some questions
1.I loved the bokeh photography posted by toofan ,nac, pranav0091 and marvelousprashant (from the portion of this thread I have seen so far..)
My question is, for bokeh we have focus much beyond the small light source or behind?
And how do you get different shapes?

2. Is it possible to make a intervalometer for a P&S camera without a 3 pin connector? (Preferably without hacking)
As in the pic above I have an Arduino Uno microcontroller. Will that be of any help?
(I have a Canon Powershot SX240HS)

3.My friend is interested in buying a bridge camera with a budget around 20k.. He is unable to decide b/w Nikon P510 (18.6k on ebay) and Panasonic FZ60 (19.4k on Flipkart). Which is better? Should he consider Fuji HS30EXR?

1. Shape depends on optics/aperture. If there is any light source in your frame you will get that circle or hexagon shape bokeh, else you will get those area blurred.

Bokeh - It is just out of focus area in an image. It can be in the background or foreground or both. It's up to you...

2.You can get that feature by using CHDK. I don't know about that chip/circuit.

3. I was suggesting FZ60 a week ago. But now it's HS30EXR would be my first choice...

sujoyp

Grand Master
for nice bokeh there should be proper distance between background and the subject...at least 10 meters to become proper blur...when using macro like toofan does its quit easy...we generally focus completely on the insect from very close the background automatically become out of focus

for you...At full zoom take a shot of flower from closest distance ur cam can focus like 2 meters ...u will see the background out of focus...if there is some light source far away it may take some shape...u have to try it ur self

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8009/7431303416_d27082b2ba_z.jpg
Dragonfly by sujoyp, on Flickr
Above shot is just taken at full zoom...did nothing much...but background was bit away

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7052/6896141689_be91329317_z.jpg
Valentine teddy by sujoyp, on Flickr

This above shot was setup in a room...the lightning was just 3 meters away from the teddy...but for this you need large aperture lens...donno if its possible by P&S

sujoyp

Grand Master
smaller hearts?? there were normal diwali bulbs..I put the heart shape paper on my lens to create this effect....u can use any 1 design on center of a paper to get a shape....I could make heart sharper but that was making it either very small which was looking empty or mixed togather and jumbled up...will put example later :)

sujoyp

Grand Master
I have one ILU shaped too :D .not too good..

*lh3.googleusercontent.com/-cFt1cn-uW1E/TzTuKc81CbI/AAAAAAAAHF0/EPWMBHUkWO4/s400/DSC_2772.JPG

Today I bought Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 .....although its in Kolkata and will get it when I get back to India.

*fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/397604_10151233260681925_1057419913_n.jpg

sorry for the crappy pic taken by friend using micromax mobile :p

Last edited:
OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Battery charging time started reducing. Earlier it took around 90-100 mins, now it's around 60 mins. Is it normal? Thinking of conditioning the batteries... Any suggestion guys...

sujoyp

Grand Master
Nac if the total charge is intact then its ok but if the total charge is reducing with charging time then its a problem

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I am not so sure about whether battery discharges quicker or not. I think (but I am not so sure), am getting less no. of shots per recharge.

And BTB congrats for your new purchase... Is it a new one?

sujoyp

Grand Master
Thanks...no its used one :) but its very good condition...and I got a free rs.1200 Hoya filter along it ;) @RS16000 it was a superb deal ..new cost minimum 22k and average around 24k ;)

If your battery is getting less charges then try full recharge and then complete discharge 1-2 times...maybe it helps

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Sujoy,
I am not sure... Charger indicates that the battery is fully charged but it's too quick. My charger out put is 900mAH, so it's supposed to take to 2+ hrs to fully charge but ever since I bought these batteries it took around 100 min. I thought the batteries won't drain all the way to 0% (like inverter batteries) so no doubts then...

Yeah, I started doing that (conditioning - charging and discharging). You may have used AA batteries in your previous cameras. Have you ever noticed that your battery is getting charged quicker than normal?

sujoyp

Grand Master
yes I have used them in one of my old cam...but at that time i didnt use rechargable cells (didnt know about them :p ) ...I use rechargables on my flash and its idle time is 1 hr ...they are working fine

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ Yeah, I have seen that... It always show around 85% battery when I put a fully recharged set... I thought it's normal :blink: What about yours? Even though I can't compare AA with Li-on. If you guys come across any link about this battery life thing from users of AA battery powered cameras with CHDK running.

Top Bottom