Camera talk...

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
How is 498RC4 for 6.5 k ?

Still to get response from gaffarbhai to see what he has to offer.

Congrats Faun :)

Who else thinks Manfrotto sounds like a condom brand :-D

BTW tried Topaz DeNoise plugin for photoshop. It is much better than Lightroom in reducing noise

*blog.intercom.io/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Condom-or-Android.jpg

mastervk

In the zone
What is the highest ISO you guys have used and got good photo(without any noticeable noise)?
at beginning i had my ISO set at auto so some of the pics were at 1600-3200 ISO.They were fine for web sharing but noise was visible..now i always keep my ISO fixed at 100..sometimes change it to 200 in low light ..

sujoyp

Grand Master
I normally use ISO 800 in evening and ISO 1600 when shooting low light shows or party ....I shoot birds with ISO 400 soo that shutter speed dont come down any time :)

mastervk

In the zone
@sujoy
How is the noise at 1600 iso..do you remove noise using logins..even in low night i have used 100 iso with wider aperture...

sujoyp

Grand Master
mastervk I dont remove noise much...but its difficult to apply sharpning coz it increases the noise...at ISO 1600 its fine...I find it no issue...but thats the max I go...and I have set it on my DSLR...ISO is not in auto mode

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
^ Post full resolution noisy images in PP thread. I'll see what Topaz can do with DSLR pics

BTW signed up for 500px and got a free 15day "Awesome" (pro account). 500px has no 200 image limit like flickr and 15 day of pro means you can transfer all images there. Limit of free account is 10 uploads/wk which sounds reasonable

mastervk

In the zone
@prashant
what will happend after 15 days..will you be able to access all images ?

@sujoy
i keep 400 or 800 as max limit in camera setting but wanted to know what settings others are using for similar level cameras...

sujoyp

Grand Master
ok prashant will do that soon ....and what u got 15 day pro account is awesome...the weekly limit of 10 pics is just too less...which made me move away from awesome interface of 500px

Mastervk the sensor technology is much ahead nowdays....nikon D200 5 yrs ago couldnt go above ISO 800 but now we can go ISO 1600 and full frame cams like D600 and D800 can go easily ISO 6400
And dont compare it with P&S :D :D

mastervk

In the zone
@Sujoy
even canon 550d can go to 6400 or 12800(i think).. i have taken some pics on last weekend at 3200 ISO but lots on noise..After denoise most of the details is lost..i guess till 800 it is safe...

mastervk

In the zone
How is below deal

Canon EOS 600D 18MP DSLR (EF S18-55 IS II)(Black)

Canon 650D with kit lens for 23 K only (36 % discount on 36K)...

Max discount is only Rs 1200 so its around Rs 35K for 600D

also Nikon d5100 with kit lens for 31K.

there are some good deals for GOSF.in today but it is disappointing overall...

sujoyp

Grand Master
canon 650D is very high tech technology wise...its hybrid focus system is really superb...Nikon's D5200 is against it which just launched...if 650D is selling for 36k then its a great deal

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
What these (wine, beer, gin...) buttons are doing in this camera? :)

*1.bp.blogspot.com/_bfhkddOF6jY/TKdjwT-UiPI/AAAAAAAAAB0/mKpOHWWLFR8/s1600/canonflagship.jpg

Finally, I see HS30 EXR offers in ebay... For 19k, it's a great deal...

Top Bottom