Camera talk...

sujoyp

Grand Master
if u r around banglore then just hire a 85mm1.4 from toehold it may cost you 1000 but u r investing 75k ...and the choice is between a 20k lens and a 75k lens :)

mastervk

In the zone
I got one good bid link on ebay. Roughly 75-76k. Otherwise I will always have the itch of trying 85 1.4G.

Lets see if bid goes ok.

Btw above shots are pretty good.

is the bid from ebay.in or outside India..

If it has to be shipped from outside India you may have to calculate around 30% custom tax also...

Sujoy suggestion is very good..rent 85 1.4 and use it for a day or too ....

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
More than three dozen cameras are launched in the last few days... Including bazooka super zoom cameras from Fuji. Probably, this is the year for "zoom". Fuji has launched 5 cameras with the zoom of +/- 1000mm

sujoyp

Grand Master
yaah saw the list...nearly all of them are superzoom some with EXR sensor tag some without

BTW Fuju X100s is superb...and looks damn good to me...will get something like that design someday...for home use and show off :D

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ For 100k it's too much...

And the good thing is, Fuji finally bringing in optical stabilization...
Travel zoom from Panasonic doesn't bring any impressive upgrade.
And crazy 20MP for an entry level camera

sujoyp

Grand Master
for me ..I just want that design with sony RX100 hardware...will definitely get one (after I get bored of heavy lens,heavy DSLR with battery pack and a tripod and all crazy stuff we lug around on our poor back with DSLR...

sometimes taking right pic at right time is more important :D cam dosnt matter that much ;)

sujoyp

Grand Master
i suggest you to get either 85mm1.8 or if u can find a 70-200 2.8 used deal ....or get a 50mm 1.4 for now which is very good too :)

Nikon D5200 is available now in US market...it was already available in India I think...nobody said this before ...but this time Nikon have a TOSHIBA Sensor in it :) Not Nikon Not Sony but 1st time a Toshiba Sensor....lets see the results :)

quagmire

Allllright !
Guys need some help with a additional battery..
I have a Canon SX240 with NB 6L battery.. I can squeeze out around 90-100 shots when fully charged (and around 60 shots with videos)..
I am planning to buy an additional battery.. Will this work for my camera? - Link
(I am asking because none of the sellers list my camera name)

-----
Another offtopic thought? - Why doesn't somebody create a thread for all buying advice queries..?

sujoyp

Grand Master
compare ur battery with this if its the same as shown on ebay get it...or actually if the model number is exactly same it should be same too and compatible

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^
Battery is this cheap :shock: I thought it would cost above 2k

I don't know why you are getting very less no. of shots per recharge.

Remove battery when not in use
IS when shooting only

I think they have designated it under S series cameras.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Nex5k at 20k??? can we buy body only? and nex3k at 15k...wow I wish to buy one of those and use those cheap minolta lenses

but the only disadvantage of next series is it dont have in-body stabilisation which olympus cams have...its great to use all old lenses stabilised :)

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Guys, :listen: I highly doubt it's availability. I think they are just quoting a lower price after it gone out of stock.

A few times, video quality is excellent, also audio capture is pretty good and does not muffle sounds, and the best part is the zoom is virtually noiseless as I used it during a video capture and no sound came through.

Okie. Thank you...
I was just curious to know how it performs when using manual mode in video recording.

PS: Just don't wanna spam a thread which serves different purpose. So the reply posted here... :)

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Sujoy, We are talking about FZ150 and it's PASM video recording. Sorry for confusing by hijacking a post. :)

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Again, I got the opportunity to shoot with D90. This time battery has enough charge...

I wish I know a little more about D90 and it's controls/features. :chinscratch:

:wow: what a speed (comparing with the only other camera I have ever used SX130 :D).
Nice OVF
I could able to take back to back shots with flash ON. I had to wait about 8 sec when I shoot with SX130 if the flash is ON.
I wasn't happy with the quality of image when I tried last time (may be because of the quality settings, I don't know). This time it's little better, I think it's because of low light (even this time quality set at NORMAL).
Deleting option is quicker

Top Bottom