Call of Duty : Black Ops Discussion thread

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
OK! So the latest patch did the trick and all the stuttering issue finally went off. Too bad I have already completed the game though, would have been great to have played it on the PC. I guess I'll try out some co-op Zombie action with me friends. :grin:

quan chi

mortal kombat
Completed black ops.Well to be honest i think Infinity ward still wins for the gameplay factor.

Black ops no wonder was excellent too but i think more emphasis here was given on the cinematic style and story telling which is indeed marvelous.

Lord073

Journeyman
At present m playin CoD: Black Ops single player (for the 2nd time as I already finished it once) at highest settings @1600*900 res. The whole game runs smoothly @60 fps but sometimes there is an occasional lag for a couple of seconds and then again it runs normally. What could be the reason for this? I also tried lowering the gfx settings nd resolution but the lag still exists. Has it something to do with my config? U can check my config from my signature(everything is at stock clocks). PLEASE HELP:sad:.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Finished Black ops in 12hrs (overnight). & now almost finished NFS HP 2010.

specially liked the rooftop chase (with the Nova6 scientist) & the tunnels (VietCong). too much cinematic. i would like a couple of extra missions.

specially disliked that chopper attack. hard to fight one enemy gunship, here you are asked fight 2. the controls messed everything.

in all the COD series Black Ops was the crappiest ........... very much a disappointment as a game..........finished just little above 6 hrs...........

only hope is left with Crysis 2 :p

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Re: Game You are Currently Addicted to

^^ How to do it sam? I am not able to play the zombie level right away.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot

We can play zombie on LAN or online. But with a outside patch, one can play offline too.

@vickybat, patch.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

no. not needed.
but when i select the zombies from main menu i get this error:

"The Call of duty black ops server is not available this time.Please
Try again later or visit *blackops......" :-x

currently playing COD black ops---> DOA mode (its fun)

Last edited:

I wonder why mods are allowing the "external patch" zombie mode LAN in COD BO discussion.
This seriously ain;t legal.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ jojothedragon - if you own a legit copy there's nothing wrong about it - it's just a mod anyway.

Lord073

Journeyman
Guys, m facing a weird problem in black ops. Previously I was playin the game with 16x AA but now after installing a patch, named update 4 or something like that, I can't set AA to 16x anymore (8x is max available). Another problem that m facing is that each time a level loads, a black screen appears for a couple of seconds with something like 'shader warming' written (in red colour) in the lower left side of the screen. I don't have any idea whether this is normal or not...any help would be appreciated...

Guys, m facing a weird problem in black ops. Previously I was playin the game with 16x AA but now after installing a patch, named update 4 or something like that, I can't set AA to 16x anymore (8x is max available). Another problem that m facing is that each time a level loads, a black screen appears for a couple of seconds with something like 'shader warming' written (in red colour) in the lower left side of the screen. I don't have any idea whether this is normal or not...any help would be appreciated...

That AA issue- if i'm right you are limited to 8x unless you have dual gpu.
And "shader warming" is a process by which the game elements are pre-cached in order to reduce stuttering. Its normal. However you can disable it in options menu.

Top Bottom