Call of Duty : Black Ops Discussion thread

gameranand

Living to Play
Maybe thats also problem with me. I have 5770 and a lame CPU E4400 so the goddamn game just don't rum at optimum fps to make it playable. So i left the game and moved on to other games which are better than this.

healerneil

Broken In
See? His problem is CPU. Needs a quad core...or a dual core minimum...

Without a doubt.But even with using multi core cpus game faces serious performance issues..for one, the irritating stuttering in relatively quiet ambiences with neither the cpu nor the ram utilisation reaching choking proportions. Myriads of tweaks and patches and still the problem remains.
The story is awesome, no two words about it...especially the sting in the tail at the end..left me aghast :), very plausible!But the implementation needed to be better.

Without a doubt.But even with using multi core cpus game faces serious performance issues..for one, the irritating stuttering in relatively quiet ambiences with neither the cpu nor the ram utilisation reaching choking proportions. Myriads of tweaks and patches and still the problem remains.
The story is awesome, no two words about it...especially the sting in the tail at the end..left me aghast :), very plausible!But the implementation needed to be better.

Maybe thats also problem with me. I have 5770 and a lame CPU E4400 so the goddamn game just don't rum at optimum fps to make it playable. So i left the game and moved on to other games which are better than this.

Yes, Treyarch should've learnt the ABC's of coding before making this. Horrible coding cost Black Ops its supposedly okay storyline.

gameranand

Living to Play
I still can't understand why the hell on earth Activision gave this game to Treyarch. I mean games from Infinity ward were running damn good on my PC with full detail and needless to say that their graphics were damn impressive and IMO better than Black ops itself.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
ok guys, I got news.

It suddnly clicked my mind that my laptop has dual core proccy.
at the helicopter crash mission now.

The game is good,and quite violent too .
Played it till couple of hours back and whether everyone likes it or not missions are quite good(not awesome)

My favorite mission upto now is Dr. Clarke mission. Man loved shooting in urban jungle.

Vietnamese mission's are great. This helicopter mission is great.

Will post updates later.

himangshu

Fluidic design!!!
^glad u liked the game because i didn't find it any bad!

its a good game in my opinion!

BTW at what settings are you running the game?

ok guys, I got news.

The game is good,and quite violent too .
Played it till couple of hours back and whether everyone likes it or not missions are quite good(not awesome)

My favorite mission upto now is Dr. Clarke mission. Man loved shooting in urban jungle.

Vietnamese mission's are great. This helicopter mission is great.

Will post updates later.

Excellent. :D

Post some pics...and try..try to post gameplay videos... :mrgreen:

gameranand

Living to Play
thetecjfreak said:
So you are playing this on your laptop at high settings???

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Yeah Gaurav, playing in low-med settings.

Gamerandand I am feeling great just playing like this.
Got it for storyline,which is great.

At the mission where Bowman's head is split open by a stick(Is he dead? I think he is)

Then the 'Game of death' is played between me and Woods. The recovery we made is just awesome. Gotta hand it to Mason.

Stopped playing there. I have a feeling the end is near. Eyes are hurting pretty bad.

himangshu

Fluidic design!!!
^ In this mission Woods will die while trying to kill Kravchenko and sacrifices himself to save Mason from the grenade blast!

But some you tube videos shows that he survived!

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Just completed this game.

Nice story.

This numbers thing was very confusing. The developers have done a good job in keeping us interested(ok at times got bored as well)

The emphasis in Dregovich and Nova 6 really made me want to kill him. I feel the ending should have been better like there should have been a sequence where Mason and his partner's were given a bravery badge.

Particularly liked the moment Mason says'I know where it is.....' that moment just felt just awesome.

Nothing in the game is shown clearly. Everything is kept in suspense. Liked that too.
I found the Helicopter fighting in last mission and im a mission before it the hardest part of game.

But still confused in a few things-
1) Who killed Steiner, Reznov or Mason?
Was left pretty confused after we fought through Nova 6 and saw Mason call himself-Reznov
2) Does Wood's actually die when he fall down fighting?

Also the ending sequence was great. It showed that numbers corresponded to death of JFK.
Nice thinking.
3) Was that Mason in the picture where Kennedy is standing between group of people?

Loved playing this game. Kept me thinking at all times.
Although I felt game was a little too fast paced at times.

Got my money's worth :D

Last edited:

himangshu

Fluidic design!!!
^1. Mason killed Stiener.
2. Woods is still alive. Go to youtube an search for Black Ops Woods survived. See the videos, they show that Woods is still alive.
3. Mason is shown among the crowd and i think he killed JFK. If u hear the last lines carefully then u will understand.

My rating to this game would be 8/10

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
himangshu said:
^1. Mason killed Stiener.
I dont think so. We had such a huge fight and he helped us all along.

Reznov was with us everywhere. Any fight he was there.

Or maybe he was in the mind of Mason.

Yeah, I am pretty sure Mason killed the president. That was after the assault on the ship right?

Pretty gruelling game loved overall experience. And especially those heart stopping moments. They were awesome.

Top Bottom