Call of Duty : Black Ops Discussion thread

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Use updated gpu driver/directx etc.

Some patches comes with issues rather than fix some bugs - so the thumb rule is if you don't face any kind of issue with a game don't update it - If it ain't broke, don't fix it
Update only if necessary.

d3p

PowerHouse
Anyway Sam Worthington [Voiced for Alex Mason] rules.

Wanna see Jason Statham Doing the same for next COD series.

gameranand

Living to Play
azaad_shri75 said:
oh boy you have committed a grave mistake............. its the most crappy in cod series........
+1.
I liked all the games made by infinity ward but Triyach studios made the worst COD ever made IMO.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
azaad I think you're right.
i cant get game to start no matter what. Intro video works but it gets stuck at 'Press any key' screen. A busy sign of mouse points up and I cant get past it. Damn.
Any patches anyone?

gameranand

Living to Play
I heard a news about its patch through steam but I didn't succeed to get one. Try for yourself and if you find one also tell me.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
I think you guys are right. My game ha an catastrophic error.

The intro video works fine. The game just freezes in the "Press any key" screen...

Searched the web a lot..coulnt find any worthy solution..

anyone can give me links that has a patch for solving this?

soumo27

→|Requiescat| |in| |Pace|
Yea Even I was playing this last Sunday for the first time. Went till level 6/7 at a stretch. AFter that, never even opened the game. Even the Medal of Honor 2010 was better than this. At least the story was nice.

@tech freak.

Well I can suggest you something. Download a program known as 3danalyzer:-

*www.filetransit.com/download.php?

Install it. then open it. select the game shortcut of black ops from inside the software.

Then select the checkbox through which you can force the game to run in windowed mode. (its in the performance option of 3d analyzer)

Then Run the game and see if it works. If it does, go under game settings>graphics and change the resolution to something lower.

This thing worked for me for many other games. Try it and see.

Well I can suggest you something. Download a program known as 3danalyzer:-

*www.filetransit.com/download.php?

Install it. then open it. select the game shortcut of black ops from inside the software.

Then select the checkbox through which you can force the game to run in windowed mode. (its in the performance option of 3d analyzer)

Then Run the game and see if it works. If it does, go under game settings>graphics and change the resolution to something lower.

This thing worked for me for many other games. Try it and see.

Please abstain from suggesting this.
3DAnalyze is only for old systems with Intel onboard graphics.
It works with my config because I have old Intel IGP but that's it. 3DAnalyze only emulates four GFX cards...and none of them are enough to run Black Ops...or any other newer game.
People having discete GPU won't need this. And techfreak's problem lies in his CPU. Its a Celeron.

Moreover, 3DAnalyze does not emulate SM 3.0 which is needed for today's games to run. So please do not suggest this or any other similar programs (like Swiftshader).

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Gaurav Bhattacharjee said:
Its a Celeron.
You're right.
But in motherboard manual it says it supports upto quad cores but when I went to a shol for upgrade to a dual core...PC didnt poot...only a black screen came...why is it so?

what GPU do you have???
Palit 9500 GT 1 GB

soumo27

→|Requiescat| |in| |Pace|
Please abstain from suggesting this.
3DAnalyze is only for old systems with Intel onboard graphics.
It works with my config because I have old Intel IGP but that's it. 3DAnalyze only emulates four GFX cards...and none of them are enough to run Black Ops...or any other newer game.
People having discete GPU won't need this. And techfreak's problem lies in his CPU. Its a Celeron.

Moreover, 3DAnalyze does not emulate SM 3.0 which is needed for today's games to run. So please do not suggest this or any other similar programs (like Swiftshader).

Sorry I was un aware of that. But I had some problems with resolution settings with a game (Split Second Velocity). The game was starting in such a resolution 1366*1024 that my monitor couldn't support. So the game was freezing. But this software solved the problem. So I thought similar problems might exist here.

Sorry I was un aware of that. But I had some problems with resolution settings with a game (Split Second Velocity). The game was starting in such a resolution 1366*1024 that my monitor couldn't support. So the game was freezing. But this software solved the problem. So I thought similar problems might exist here.

Apologies if I was too harsh. :)

But now you know better about hardware-emulation softwares. :mrgreen:
I have many games..POP4, Civ5, COD2, DiRT2, etc. but they won't run. Because of hardware issue...no GPU. 3DAnalyze doesn't solve that. I only play NFSMW at max settings using 3DAnalyze... it looks really awesome...

Top Bottom