Votes: 20 30.8%
  • No, I dont.

Votes: 45 69.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Diwali day is about to end, and sms rates back to normal soon, and my question is something that should have been asked before diwali, but anyways...

Do you burst crackers or not? and what do you feel about it?

Here's my take on it -

Dheeraj Kumar officially defines diwali as a pointless festival in which people burn overpriced fireworks, most of which produce more sound than fire, causing abnormal levels of headache-generating noise and filling the air with so much sulphur and toxic gases, that lung cancer would be as common as a cup of coffee, all to celebrate the fall of some mythical demon, who was born to the god and the gaia thousands of years ago, at the hands of the reincarnation of his own mother, in an elaborate plot masterminded by the reincarnation of his father, which technically means his own parents killed him.

Okay, the first half of the definition was kinda on topic ( :) ) so what do you guys feel?

Bring on the flames! :razz:

Oh yeah, second half of definition based on *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narakasura

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
I also dont bust crackers...Its kind like ur interests/hobbies change by ur age ....in childhood i was very fond of busting crackers..Now I dont like that kaanfodu bombs !
Only anar,phuljhadi and chakri is good

and ya diwali is today not to end 28th Oct evening is the main badi diwali

slugger

Banned
those noisewalla crackers are pretty lame. enjoy watching the ones that display lotsa colors in the sky

ECE0105

In the zone
Time to practice Environmental Concern.... Rather than just talking about it at every single opportunity...

I'd rather light a Diya (Got some LED Ones this time :D ) and leave it at that...

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
I am buying a big box of crackers.

Waiting for two weeks.

Going out at one in the night.

Then seeing how everyone likes it.

<evil laugh>

iChaitanya

Journeyman
No crackers what so ever. :)

Guys, please refrain yourself from bursting crackers or any kind of fireworks.

Also, as compared to last year, this time crackers/fireworks have reduced a lot. At least, I have observed this.

I am not against enjoying the festival but I am completely against sound and noise pollution.

Peace.

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
^better be vegetarian.. :)

Dheeraj Kumar officially defines diwali as a pointless festival
pointless festival?? Has there ever been any festival that has had a point? Is there any 'point' in celebrating birthdays /new years????

amizdu

Broken In
I don't like bursting crackers. But, I'm forced to do so by my mother.
But still, I try to reduce the quantity every year.

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
No I don't like to burst crackers.It is a nightmare .. especially when people burst crackers late into the night .. what kind of celebration is that when you disturb little children and elderly people, when you pollute the atmosphere, scare animals, dirty the street, and encourage an industry that we all KNOW depends on child labour (it's very easy to make a sticker that says 'no child labour'). Our country is already noisy crowded and crazy with traffic and stress .. why on earth do these people want to add to that?

The Festival of Lights .. diyas are lit to guide the goddess Lakshmi into the home, am I correct? Surely all the crackers exploding like bombs must make her think they are trying to chase her away!

Deepavali is the festival of lights not the festival of noise, pollution and even accidents.

I really don't understand why people simply waste their money on crackers, which is even dangerous to life some times.

Instead of that we can light the candles or 'deepam' in and out of our house and make this festival even more grand with less money.

In fact we stop lighting crackers and we simply light hundreds of 'deepam' in front of house,it makes our celebration even more grand than anyone else without even disturbing neighbors and polluting environment.

Diwali is not just bursting noisy crackers,but a time to respect your parents,elders,enjoy eating sweets etc

I burst crackers coz its fun .
But I make sure this takes place during humanely hours,(like between 6.00 PM to 10.00 PM) as I know whats it like to jump up at 2.00 in the night with your heart pounding.
This year, my dad insisted that we get more "fulzhadi" crackers (like flower pots, zamin chakkars,etc) and sky shows than bombs n lavangi. I complied. :)
So long as bursting crackers is not intrusive towards those who dont, it's fine.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Bought 7k of crackers yesterday. Here, in Gujarat, we get crackers at 40% of the price of the printed MRP so in 7k...I got three cartons full of crackers. Time to go out and wreak chaos. BTW, all are noisy bombs and those colourful high-flyers. No flower pots and stuff like that. I aint a kid :D.

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
IMHO, Crackers are just one of the facets or manners by which we can celebrate Diwali, so its not really essential to burst crackers...

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
As a kid I used to love fireworks, especially those that made noise. Now I hate them all. The noisy ones create sound pollution and the noise-less ones produce enough smoke to put a factory to shame. So now I stopped doing it all. We have enough sound and air pollution already and I'm not adding to it just for the sake of my entertainment. Plus it's the worst way to spend money. Your money literally goes up in smoke. Buy a 100 rupees firework, one that goes up in air and shoots colours and all and within 10 seconds your 100 rupees is floating in the air as smoke. And people are okay with it. WTF! It's not worth it people. Ban these fireworks. Diwali should be festival of lights, not festival of fireworks as it has become.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Even i do not like the noisy ones, they make my ears go numb. I spend a lot of money on fancy ones like sky shot and seven star which go up, have a low sound and attractive colours. And I just hate the chain crackers (lari) Prolonged pounding of ears and more than half of the lari crackers just get thrown away.
The fancy crackers are expensive but they are a good show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom