Budget gpu for crysis2

manu_saraswat

Broken In
guys this is my first post though the forum has been helping me for quite some time now
well coming to the piont i going home for 2 months and my old pc back home isn't just fit for my new games as my specs are
CPU- AMD Athalalon II 64 x4 630 ie. quad core @ 3.1ghz (yes it's overclocked)
Ram- Kingston 4gb ddr2
GPU(just to say) 256 mb Nvedia geforce 7025 (i know it's a shame)
psu - the stock one or the generic vesion as some call it(what else did u expect this - Newegg.com - CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 650W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply)

well my budget is no more than 3k rs(india) , afterall it's just a matter of 2 months
so plese do not suggest me to increase my budget i can't (lower the better)
i just want to play nfs shift, crysis crysis 2, assasins creed 1,2,3,4 prince of persia forgotten sands,etc just at med settings at native rezolution
ah one more thing my monitor's native rezolution is 1024x768(if that matters)
thanks in advance guys plz reply fast

OP
manu_saraswat

manu_saraswat

Broken In
u wanna play crysis 2 with a 3k gpu ??
I think Cilus have already suggested u best choice for u !!

dude as i allready said that it's just amatter of less than 2 months so i do't want to spend anything more than that i know i am demanding too much after all crysis 2 makes my hd 6490 even cry but still just a try
also by the way if i buy gt 240 and oc it whal level of details should i expect:p

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Crysis 2 PC test "gameplay" *EXTREME SETTING" NVIDIA GeForce GT 240 [HD] - YouTube

Skip to around 7 minutes for actual gameplay

dibya_kol

In the zone
dude as i allready said that it's just amatter of less than 2 months so i do't want to spend anything more than that i know i am demanding too much after all crysis 2 makes my hd 6490 even cry but still just a try
also by the way if i buy gt 240 and oc it whal level of details should i expect:p

With my rig (dx11 patch,1920x1080) i got avg 30fps but nt able to set max settings !! In all max my avg fps comes down to 15-20 which is unplayble !!
So dude, what r u expecting from a 5 years old low end gpu ? Yes it might be decent enough for some games with mid/low settings but nt for crysis2/metro2033/bf3/skyrim etc.
BTW at what res do u game ?

saswat23

Human Spambot
What! You get just 15-20 FPS with HD 5770. And I got 7-8 FPS on my HD-2000 Intel graphics. So, what's good in HD 5770.

dibya_kol

In the zone
^^ crysis 2 is a very high demanding game and with dx11patch it demands even more !! My 5770 can't handle it at max !!

OP
manu_saraswat

manu_saraswat

Broken In
^^ crysis 2 is a very high demanding game and with dx11patch it demands even more !! My 5770 can't handle it at max !!

hey but what would u say about this if a less than 2k gpu can do this then why can't gt 240 guys if u say it's overclocked i seriously do'nt mind overclocking since the true performance of a graphic card doesn't comes out untill then
so thank u guys me finally buying gt240
one more thing should i buy a 1gb or 2gb version

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
if you buy a HD78XX or HD69XX or anything above GTX560 then yes. but i pinpointed to OP that for GT240 1Gb is sufficient.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ I think the game will run at ultra settings with that res on that GPU but if Op wants he can try experiment with DX11 and High Res Textures Update to see how well the real Crysis 2 runs on his gpu ;-)

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Just check if anyone is selling any old cards in the bazaar. You can also check if any one can lend you a gpu for 2 months

Sainatarajan

Wise Old Owl
Ha Ha Ha!!! Lol !!! Do u wanna play Crysis 2 with a 3K GPU . Take care that it does not dies after playing the game. The best would be HD 6770 for Crysis 2 at minimum.

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
Ha Ha Ha!!! Lol !!! Do u wanna play Crysis 2 with a 3K GPU . Take care that it does not dies after playing the game. The best would be HD 6770 for Crysis 2 at minimum.

HD 6770 will provide decent FPS at 1600x900 with high settings, its not the minimum. You saw the GPU in my siggy? I finished Crysis 2 at lowest possible resolution and detail level with that one, and that's what you call a minimum.

koolent

Youngling

where did you just came out of man, a nutshell ? That card might not play everything maxed out but its a still decent card for the price and will be able to play it..

He can overclock to get ven better results.. -_-

@OP- You mean Crysis mean you mean sserious gaming.. I know that all budget thingy..

I would recommend you to install more fans and overvolt your GPU a bit and then overclock.. BEWARE do not overvolt in exitement, just try to get playable FPS..

When you do, inform Me :)..

dibya_kol

In the zone
240gt is dx10 gen card won't support dx11.
At hd res with dx11 patch 6770 won't be able to handel crysis 2 at max settings, even it is oced.

Top Bottom