BSNL to offer broadband connectivity at 2 mbps

Status
Not open for further replies.

comrade

foreign return(0)
so atlast maran & his family once again proved their colour...what next? 10 MBPS plan with 10 MB bandwidth cap.....

hard_rock

Salieri Family
CINTEL ENTRINO said:
i am presently on a local ISP connection , u mean to say i shud shift to BSNL after they announce the plans ?
n wat is "TECHNICAL FEASIBILITY" . n will they introduce it in Hyderabad also at the same time.
All existing customers will get increased speed according to their plans. So you get a new connection or later..It doesnt matter..you will get increased datarate.
Technical feasibility refers to the capacity of exchange and other factors like number of Dataone connections in your area. If you have many connections then I doubt you get complete 2mbps. May be they may give 1mbps only.
I think YES, they will introduce all over india. But I'm not SURE about this. Wait for next 3 days and check local newspaper for availability/contact BSNL office at your area. :)

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
They HAVE to increase the speed of unlimited plans. I think the current change in tariffs is just a cunning move to cash in more revenues. Just think about it, how much time does it take for a person riding on a 2Mbps connection to download/upload a total of 1GB of data? Personally, I could do it in two hours, but even a person who just checks his email, uses IM and streams the occasional YouTube video might cross 1GB in a week or a fortnight. After that, all the extra bandwidth goes straight to BSNL's cash reserves. Meanwhile, unlimited users will remain bottlenecked with a pathetic speed of 256Kbps and won't be able to download much even if they tried their best. Aw, this sucks! I am SOOOOO disheartened (it's not very often that I use such dramatic exaggeration but I am very disappointed right now).

Brave_Hunt

Journeyman
hard_rock said:
BSNL will give speeds ranging from 256kbps to 2mbps depending upon TECHNICAL FEASIBILITY (As per official statement by BSNL) from January 1st to all plans EXCEPT Home 900 UL and UL+ plans. So those who have UL connection will only get 256kbps with no speed increase but the rest of plans will get.

Well in my administration portal still says that I'm on Speed 256 Kbps Plan instead Plan- HOME UL 900 Plus It was always like this even when I was subscribed to Plan -HOME500 : Speed -256 Kbps so technically I'm not on HOME UL 900 Plus Plan. Wonder what speed would I get? :rolleyes: lol

The plan they showed just seems like a big shagoofa :cool: nothing more than trying to improve their performance which is highly doubtfully that they'll fulfill what they're commiting. It's BSNL afterall :rolleyes: heh. Anyways, since I'm HOME UL 900 Plus Plan subscriber (Billingwise :p ) there's nothing impressive for me what so ever. And with these new plans calling this year as a "Broadband Year" is nothing but b**ls**t. Hopefully they'll continue to improve their service in coming months but so far nada. And that's very big disappointment for all those HOME UL 900 Plus users. Actually we've been counting on BSNL heh. For other Plan subscribers HAVE FUN GUYS!! It seems like It'll take us (HOME UL 900 Plus Plan subscribers) some time to join the party. :cool:

cool_dude_prav

In the zone
all of u HAVE to notice one thing...

Earlier BSNL site tariff used to read - speeds UPTO 256kbps

but now its FROM 256kbps to 2mbps
so, it means that places like chennai and other big cities and towns will be upgraded faster as they have more facilities already. some of the bigger towns will slowly get upgraded...

regarding the UL plans - ***NO COMMENTS***

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
what the hell is wrong with BSNL.??? *smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_28.gif

2MBps not for Unlimited bb users *smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_19_1.gif

they should come up with some revised plans soon for UL users too, or we can/will see many BSNL users(like me) jumping to other BB providers, like Airtel.

what bsnl did is, given a Ferrari Enzo to a Villager to use on his broken road & give a HM Ambassoder to guys, to drive on Silky smooth road.
*smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_19_1.gif

i just wish i hadn't changed my Home250 plan to UL one.

to all the guys who're on 250/500 plan, have a blast of speeeedy year. *smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_21.gif

& to all the guys who're on UL plans like me, lets start Praying. *smilies.sofrayt.com/fsc/praying.gif

rajaryan_13

Broken In
well according to their current plan structure they cannot provide 2mbps to Hul 900 subscribers :mad: , that wud mean they have to stop the other plans like H3300 which is Rs 3300 per month @ 2 mbps. :x So the best they can do is put 512 kbps for H900UL. :mad: But also although not mentioned still there might be speed cap during the night ul for all the plans; like @256kbps for all ;) and rest of the day enjoy :( 2mbps with 1-5 gb data cap. :eek: Till then 3 cheers for mr. Dayanidhi Moron

Last edited:

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
I am sure tht unlimited users will get a speed upgrade or a price cut...
Unlimited plans have been on the lesser priority side of BSNL/MTNL coz they were introduced after a long time these ISP's started their broadband service...
Also they were highly priced initially but were later reduced to somewhat reasonable rates(Airtel has attractive rates for unlimited plans!)...
So i guess in a couple of months there will be a speed upgrade for unlimited plans wen airtel decides to increase their bandwidth frm 128/256kbps to 1 or 2 mbps...thts the time wen competition hots up and these BSNL/MTNL guys decide to upgrade the unlimited plans...

TILL THEN LET OTHERS ENJOY THE RIDE FRM 256kbps to 256kBps.... :D

harikatt

In the zone
bsnl offer for broadband connectivity at 2mbps is announced in coming months with all villages also in coverage, but,, till now i am staying in headquarter of westgodavari corporation , town, but still couldnt be covered with bsnl least broadband connectivity... and at present using the 115kbps tata indicom internet,,

so i hope if i can get atleast the 256kbps broadband net,, i can enjoy a good with it.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
I am disgusted with BSNL's poor customer service and poor billing system and am not interested in these 1Mbps/2Mbps plans, as attractive as they might seem to be.:mad:

rishitells

Always in Dreams...
WOW IT's GREAT OFFER.
BECAUSE I CAN NOW DOWNLOAD UNLIMITED LINUX DISTROS AND MORE SOFTWARES.....!!!!!!!!!! I AM NOW USING 256 KBPS CONNECTION AND
THE 2 MBPS SPEED WILL BREAK THE BARRIERS.......YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
bsnl offer for broadband connectivity at 2mbps is announced in coming months with all villages also in coverage, but,, till now i am staying in headquarter of westgodavari corporation , town, but still couldnt be covered with bsnl least broadband connectivity... and at present using the 115kbps tata indicom internet,,

so i hope if i can get atleast the 256kbps broadband net,, i can enjoy a good with it.

Are you an Animator????:p
I also want to go in 3d grapchics animation field.
PLEASE:) can you tell me how to go ahead in this field.
i am now in 11th class

Last edited:

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
I shifted from 500 home plan to 900 UL plus just last week , I m feeling like the biggest jerk here. Damn u BSNL.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
My sleep cycles return to normal now.

Sigh, did I really think of a 2mbit UL? How gross of me :p

Now paying 900 for 256 seems strange, but peaceful it is.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
s18000rpm said:
what bsnl did is, given a Ferrari Enzo to a Villager to use on his broken road & give a HM Ambassoder to guys, to drive on Silky smooth road.

haha , hilarious lol . Mr. Moron should read this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom