BSNL to offer broadband connectivity at 2 mbps

Status
Not open for further replies.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Rishabh_sharma1990 said:
WOW IT's GREAT OFFER.
BECAUSE I CAN NOW DOWNLOAD UNLIMITED LINUX DISTROS AND MORE SOFTWARES.....!!!!!!!!!! I AM NOW USING 256 KBPS CONNECTION AND
THE 2 MBPS SPEED WILL BREAK THE BARRIERS.......YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOO
You cannot download Linux distros on a limited connection... unless you do not mind crossing the data-cap and paying more for it.

tinku dhar

In the zone
hard_rock said:
All existing customers will get increased speed according to their plans. So you get a new connection or later..It doesnt matter..you will get increased datarate.
Technical feasibility refers to the capacity of exchange and other factors like number of Dataone connections in your area. If you have many connections then I doubt you get complete 2mbps. May be they may give 1mbps only.
I think YES, they will introduce all over india. But I'm not SURE about this. Wait for next 3 days and check local newspaper for availability/contact BSNL office at your area. :)

wateva u said was fine dude ... ,

but last sentence yyyyy u said to contact to BSNL officers etc etc mayn pplz here still now dunno tht 500 Rs plan is givin night free offer lolz

wat will they know of this speed etc etc hope i see this news in NEWspapers neways :|

kumarmohit

Technomancer
tarey_g said:
haha , hilarious lol . Mr. Moron should read this thread.
I dont recommend that. What if he goes nuts and complains to You Know Who. and then they will put reservations on the forum too.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
kumarmohit said:
I dont recommend that. What if he goes nuts and complains to You Know Who. and then they will put reservations on the forum too.

"you know who" is bigger evil than Voldemort.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Chennai plans with data caps mentioned: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=374838&postcount=14

nicole2208

Broken In
Hello friends ,

Can anyone of you please confirm when is that propsed shift of BSNL 2 Mbps plan is scheduled to happen ? Is it really from 1st Jan.,2007 or may be later than that ? And will the shift be so fast in everywhere around India ?

Please let me know if it is true..

tinku dhar

In the zone
nicole2208 said:
Hello friends ,

Can anyone of you please confirm when is that propsed shift of BSNL 2 Mbps plan is scheduled to happen ? Is it really from 1st Jan.,2007 or may be later than that ? And will the shift be so fast in everywhere around India ?

Please let me know if it is true..

mayn .... ,

im tooo confused coz i can't see any stoppage of net in my home if they do transfer etc they will have to work nah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but net is workin fine :|

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
vineetrocks2005 said:
Just Checked BSNL site..they have changed there Broadband Tariff.

*bsnl.co.in/newsdetailed.php?news_id=353

What do they mean by "wherever technically feasible"? Home 500 seem the best of the lot if they keep their promise and give at least 1Mbps. And I just hope they upgrade their software for billing and do not have stupid billing errors and suffer as much as me. I am still fighting with them for billing errors from July'06 onwards. Now I have no phone (only my mobile), no broadband, nothing. I have given the application for surrender of phone line and modem. Let's see if they accept it.

Last edited:

CINTEL ENTRINO

Loading . . . please d'nt
do we need a external modem for the BSNL conn. or my ethernet port wud b fine ??

n is a telephone conn. mandatory ??

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
yes. if you want to go for BSNL, then the Phone is mandatory & also a Modem. (for modem you have the choice of renting/purchasing frm BSNL or purchasing frm a vendor, but my advice would be buying it frm BSNL itself).

for Airtel too, same conditions apply.

the Cable frm the Modem has to be connected to you're PC's ethernet port.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
vineetrocks2005 said:
Just Checked BSNL site..they have changed there Broadband Tariff.

*bsnl.co.in/newsdetailed.php?news_id=353
The page you gave the link to only is about web hosting, not DataOne Broadband.

manas

Wandering in the zone ...
Here is the correct link for new broadband plans..

*www.bsnl.in/newsdetailed.php?news_id=352

:)

Akhil Jain

Journeyman
manas said:
Here is the correct link for new broadband plans..

*www.bsnl.in/newsdetailed.php?news_id=352

:)

thanks man , now it is confirmed. today i contact to local office and they knew nothing about these

night unlimited hours has not changed... sad ...
as we were expecting it to from 8 to 8

" The downloading limits will be either up loading or down loading which ever is reached earlier."

since this time datalimit was = upload+download.
now it will either be equal to upload or download o(one thing only)

one more question... how game package wud be applied now..and who will choose it when they get 2mbps.

Last edited:

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
Akhil Jain said:
and see the 1st point in notes . datalimits will be upload or download

" The downloading limits will be either up loading or down loading which ever is reached earlier."

since this time datalimit was = upload+download.
now it will either be equal to upload or download o(one thing only)

one more question... how game package wud be applied now..and who will choose it when they get 2mbps.

I don't believe in that..I think again the BSNL people will mess up calculating the datalimits and again there will be huge bills.

if anyone know better and is confidence about these changes i.e whether according to the new plans the datalimits will be counted on either Upload or downlaod or again it will be the total of the both..

tinku dhar

In the zone
yaaaaaaaaaaaaa.,

as always BSNL have always got plans to EARN frm customers lolz :|

see in 256kBps there were less send and received data per sec .....

now it will be 2MBps and it will be 8 times more and yaa our 2 GB i think will not last fully till last day of month max.. it will go 10 days :|

GOOD IDEA BSNL hahahahahahhehehehehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom