BSNL Launches 1Mbps True Unlimited Broadband Plan at Rs.725

Status
Not open for further replies.

funskar

Padawan
*telecomtalk.info/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/BSNL-Launches-2-New-Unlimited-Broadband-Combo-Plans-for-Hyderabad.jpg?dcc0e1

India’s largest Broadband service provider Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) today announced the launch of two new True
Unlimited Broadband plans for Rs.575 and Rs.725 for its customers in Surat SSA of Gujarat circle,
providing 512Kbps and 1Mbps download speed respectively.
5 CS21 having download upto 1 Mbps without any Fair Usage Policy (FUP) or cap.

In a bid to compete with local broadband service provider ‘YOU Broadband’,
in Surat, BSNL has launched these new True Unlimited Broadband Plans -BB Home Combo UL 575 CS20
with downloading speed 512 Kbps and BB Home Combo UL 725 CS21 having download upto 1 Mbps without any Fair Usage Policy (FUP) or cap.

*telecomtalk.info/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/BSNL-True-Unlimited-Broadband-Plan-with-1Mbps-and-512Kbps-speed.png?dcc0e1

Source

Hrishi

I thought the Internet rates were about to be increased by upto 30% . What happened to that news ??

icebags

Technomancer
^bsnl has some region specific plans already i think, may be its another among them.

they don;t like to upgrade anything other then the price of package anyways. *l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/37.gif

Flake

Linux User
I am using Reliance 1Mbps Unlimited ( without any FUP/CAP ) for Rs. 549 + Taxes ( Rs. 616.18 actual billing amount ).

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
*telecomtalk.info/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/BSNL-Launches-2-New-Unlimited-Broadband-Combo-Plans-for-Hyderabad.jpg?dcc0e1

India’s largest Broadband service provider Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) today announced the launch of two new True
Unlimited Broadband plans for Rs.575 and Rs.725 for its customers in Surat SSA of Gujarat circle,

in Surat, BSNL has launched these new True Unlimited Broadband Plans -BB Home Combo UL 575 CS20
with downloading speed 512 Kbps and BB Home Combo UL 725 CS21 having download upto 1 Mbps without any Fair Usage Policy (FUP) or cap.

*telecomtalk.info/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/BSNL-True-Unlimited-Broadband-Plan-with-1Mbps-and-512Kbps-speed.png?dcc0e1

Source

This is the dilemma Friends,upto 1MBps!!!!!:wink:
Why not confirmed or guaranteed speed of 1 MBps???

I myself am using BSNL BB combo ULD950(KOLKATA Circle) for the past 3+ years...initially it was ULD900 plan.
It was really awesome to use 4MBps upto 8GB(FUP) and then 512kbps thereafter unlimited...
Presently what I see is bandwidth does not exceed 1.5~1.8MBps till 8GB(as according to speed test results on 1st,2nd,3rd of every month)without any massive download I perform.:twisted::-x:cry:

So this is just a crapsh!t claim & remark by BSNL ,nothing else.

My current(just now ,Today) Speed test result :
*www.speedtest.net/result/3040613100.png

I must say,that the 512kbps bandwidth(presently used up the 8GB FUP) is fair and true,as according to the results as above.

dr.rdb

Broken In
BSNL is sicky ISP in East and North circles, while it excels in Southern states.

^^^ if you are at Kolkata, try to move on from BSNL and get Alliance/Meghbela or other Pvt ISPs.

Hrishi

^bsnl has some region specific plans already i think, may be its another among them.

they don;t like to upgrade anything other then the price of package anyways. *l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/37.gif
Yeah , well my ISP @spectranet/citycom ( NCR ) , gives 512kbps UL ( no FUP ) @700INR/month.
50rs increased since hike in $$. !!!!!

kg11sgbg

BSNL is sicky ISP in East and North circles, while it excels in Southern states.

^^^ if you are at Kolkata, try to move on from BSNL and get Alliance/Meghbela or other Pvt ISPs.

But they do have issues too per monthly basis,as according to one of our @TDF Friend,who is an ALLIANCE user.
As we can review again :
If I were you I would not listen to what neighbours and users say because trust me most people are ignorant about computes and networks and they just say those things bcause of their lack of knowledge.Next time someone tells you that ISP with rj-45 cable gives viruses ask them to explain how data transfer through rj-45 cable works and that will shut them up.dont get swayed by other peoples opinions.form your own opinions based on facts.use the internet to se if this allegations are true.
i had no problems with viruses or security till now.as for reliablity,maybe 3-4 times a month their network is down for a few hours but otherwise it is OK
Why per month,why not once in a six months or once~thrice in a year???
That is a thing of concern.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
no ISP will claim guaranteed speed to home consumers because of legal issues.it is always "upto" either in headline or in fine print.anyway most people don't download 24*7 & taking into consideration 1:25 contention ratio of bsnl i think in most areas 1mbps truly UL plan is feasible.of course more than 2mbps truly UL plan at reasonable rates may pose a problem for bsnl but then considering that it took them 7 years to launch 1mbps truly UL plan at reasonable rates i wouldn't worry about it.

kg11sgbg

^It is a good plan whitestar,no doubt about it...but when speeds reduce/fall pathetically low,then frustration comes in.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
i know.even my 2mbps night free limited plan sometimes fail to open even sites but at least 28 days in a month download in night free time go smoothly & that is the main reason i took this connection.1 mbps is not such a high speed & at least in northern India i think bsnl can provide this with not much issues though for kolkata/bengal circle i have no idea.

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
no ISP will claim guaranteed speed to home consumers because of legal issues.it is always "upto" either in headline or in fine print.anyway most people don't download 24*7 & taking into consideration 1:25 contention ratio of bsnl i think in most areas 1mbps truly UL plan is feasible.of course more than 2mbps truly UL plan at reasonable rates may pose a problem for bsnl but then considering that it took them 7 years to launch 1mbps truly UL plan at reasonable rates i wouldn't worry about it.

Use Beam Telecom for few days you will see the gurantee. Best thing about them is reliability which BSNL fail to provide even if you are on Rs.3000+ plan

lywyre

Cyborg Agent

This is discrimination. Why only Surat? What about RoI?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^what discrimination?such schemes are not new by bsnl & in past also such schemes were launched in certain cities like Bangalore.

@avinandan012,there is no comparison between Beam which is restricted to selected areas of few cities to BSNL which is the national telecom carrier with its unmatched pan India presence.even Airtel & Reliance service quality start declining after expanding too much & even then they are not even close to BSNL presence.India is simply too big for a few big ISPs & need at least 2-3 ISPs in each district with access to bsnl infrastructure to provide good & reliable service.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
*telecomtalk.info/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/BSNL-Launches-2-New-Unlimited-Broadband-Combo-Plans-for-Hyderabad.jpg

Who design this ? rofl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom