Bsnl Gives Linux Dialer for Broadband In EXE File Format

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Bsnl, India's latest Broadband service provider has set an other record. By giving a Dialer for Broadband service for Linux in Executable(EXE) File format. Someone Should Make them understand that Linux/Unix does not run EXE file format natively

This Dialer is Hosted on Rajasthan Telecom Circle website.

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/large/14686_zb5b3/Screenshot-Rajasthan%20Telecom%20Circle.png

Rajasthan Telecom Circle

*broadbandforum.in/images/smilies/rofl.gif *broadbandforum.in/images/smilies/rofl.gif
*broadbandforum.in/images/smilies/rofl.gif
*broadbandforum.in/images/smilies/rofl.gif

On Second thought, maybe it runs with wine or mono but site didn't mention a word about it*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/13a.gif

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback
ROFL! :D but I have seen in calcutta telephones website(guess) etc they are giving rp-pppoe client .tar format :D

abhinandh

Proud to be Linux
lol its the same BSNL-BEST HAI PREETI KE LIYE:-D

btw it is a self extracting archive and those dumb "engineers" as they call themselves don't know a simple thing!!!!!
....and they give an rpm!!!!!

praka123

left this forum longback
^....like digit providing compressed sourcecode of Linux applications to n00b's :lol: digit expect them to compile that applications?LOL!while there are package mangers that can install easily!

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
You know why this happens so in our country? Becoz of people like here on this forum. Did someone actually mail them pointing out that the self extracting exe file won't run in linux and they better use somrthing like .tar.gz or even .zip? Did anyone goto the main page, click the Feedback link and tell them their mistake???

I don't think even a single person did! Everyone is busy mocking at them! Seriously! Get a life, folks! There's more to mocking at other people. Instead, teach them, tell them their mistakes!

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
((((((((( hey dude no one has time for fools and do you expect bsnl to listen to our words haha forget it SARKAR ki company hai bhai itni jab tak waha se order nahi aayengen tab tak yeh log haath bhi nahit uthayengen ))))))))))

sachin_kothari

Ambassador of Buzz
^^even irctc.co.in is a government company and its one of the best out there. So changes can happen, only u need to try.

OP
gary4gar

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
You know why this happens so in our country? Becoz of people like here on this forum. Did someone actually mail them pointing out that the self extracting exe file won't run in linux and they better use somrthing like .tar.gz or even .zip? Did anyone goto the main page, click the Feedback link and tell them their mistake???

I don't think even a single person did! Everyone is busy mocking at them! Seriously! Get a life, folks! There's more to mocking at other people. Instead, teach them, tell them their mistakes!
Buddy, I have sent a feedback before reporting;)

You sound upset with forums, looking at your previous post in this thread and other threads
infra_red_dude said:
Why are people bothered about Win or Lin? The main focus of the Keynote was the MID!!! I dunno why all news has to be like:

Windows dumped for XYZ device, Linux gains!

OR

Linux takes a backseat, ABC goes Windows way!

Instead of analyzing the merits of Linux or Windows on the device people are eager to bash the other OS which has been shunned. Strange world and pathetic people!
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=794929&postcount=4

Buddy, i am concerned about you buddy

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Stupidity to peak...
So this shows there is no proper computer technician...

Job vacant..apply immediately...

Requirement...

Should know something about windows and linux and their formats

Should be able to come late and never attend to any complaints

Should be able to sleep well in admist of phone calls...

Should know how to quit job when pressure builds up and quit without telling anyone, so that the job will not be taken for few months..

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Buddy, I have sent a feedback before reporting;)

You sound upset with forums, looking at your previous post in this thread and other threads

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=794929&postcount=4

Buddy, i am concerned about you buddy
looks like he's fed up of the idli dosa of bangalore and wants chole of chandigarh :D

vaithy

In the zone
i don't beleive it is ignorant.. i know how the I.T. cell people are picked out so there is no mistake.. it is a deliberate not ignorant...tell me how many of you can log the portal in fire fox ?
At present there are two types of Engineering Officers working.. one the traditional Unix platform.. other the windows Platform..the first platform people manning thin client and server system in many system fairly well trained in unix,but instead of posting them in I.T wing they are posted to less significant operational wing.. so their talents have been gross uinder utilised...their suggestions to improve the I.T systems in the BSNL gone into toilet bin, where asthe Windows based trained engineers have been given important task of webdesigning, I.T planning, system planning etc., of late they are instrumental to purchase millions rupees downgrade to 'Vis' system from win2k. other than IE 6 no other browsers able to supported the BSNL websites..Although the Training centres(RTTC and CTTC) in circles and regional are preparing linux training regularly (they even arranged how to configure BB in Linux) but the officers refused to release their staff for attending the training, saying, no body are using linux, if some body use linux let them use Windows for BB connection... with regarding with regarding linux there is a 'Gestopo' mindset is here...
only customers has the real power to change them.. if they pressed their demand, and wrote to CMD about the stepmotherly treatment meted to linux, by the BSNL officers, perhaps the mood change..

praka123

left this forum longback
^waht :shock: why this is happening ? :x ?

but using firefox,we can log in to the account management now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom