Bloggers' Corner

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
What Windows Cloud Should Do … At Least

Ballmer announced Windows Cloud, an OS for the internet. I feel that it should do somethings like the ones pointed out at least.

[...] Continue reading...

Indyan

Here Since 2003
Clickjacking - Scary New Cross Brower Exploit

Last month Jeremiah Grossman and Robert “RSnake” Hansen brought to the world’s attention a scary new cross browser exploit being termed as Clickjacking. In their own words :
Alas, it turns out that some of the issues we found weren’t just a little bad - they were a lot bad. So bad, in fact, that we felt compelled to do some responsible disclosure. One issue lead into another issue into another and poof - we have at least two and probably more incoming vendor patches at a yet to-be-determined date. And we’ve only worked with a few vendors. So… yah. It’s pretty bad.
Read More

Long time no post... anyway, after a gap of nearly two months, here is my next post:

Life on the Cutting Edge - ArchLinux
*digg.com/linux_unix/Life_on_the_cutting_edge_ArchLinux

Please comment and Digg.

Indyan

Here Since 2003
India vs Australia - Live Cricket Streams

The much awaited and much hyped India vs Australia (Border Gavaskar Trophy) is well on its way. Thanks to a host of new age services you are no longer solely dependent on satellite channels like NeoSports for your dose of cricket. Here are a few services offering live streams of India vs Australia cricket match for free.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
FIFA 09 - Quick & Dirty Review

.... Anyways, let’s get down to the interesting part, the things most of you would like answers to. Is FIFA 09 really next-gen, as promised? Does it deliver oh-so-realistic visuals? Have the quirks and bugs in previous versions been ironed out? How does it compare to its arch nemesis - Pro Evolution Soccer? All these and more will be answered!

goobimama

 Macboy
Smoking Apples Live Chat: The Notebook Event

The event has been confirmed: Apple will be releasing new notebooks on October 14th. Just over a month after its “Let’s Rock” event, we get to be excited over another one! Long live the Apple Special Events!

The last time round, we hosted a Live Chat event right here on the blog. Apart from us not being quite prepared, and CoveritLive having a 15 minute outage, we thought it was a really good success. Over 91 unique people had chimed in and the chatter was loud enough to wake up the neighbours.

This time round, we will be using the same CoveritLive technology, but we’re better prepared for comment overdose [to those with CoveritLive IDs, please let us know in advance so we can queue you in]. CoveritLive has also promised that there will be no outage during this Apple event so that should keep the conversation flowing. And to the rest of you, there is a sound off button for the clicker so your neighbours can have some good sleep.

Bookmark the page, or visit smokingapples.com at the said time to participate. We hope you can be there. The event starts at 10:30 PM IST and the chat kicks off half an hour in advance (at 10:00 PM IST).
[link]

I've posted this cause a lot of us digitians get together for these live chats (earlier we used to have it on Yahoo messenger). Try and see if you can make it.

Last edited:

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Smoking Apples Live Chat: The Notebook Event

[link]

I've posted this cause a lot of us digitians get together for these live chats (earlier we used to have it on Yahoo messenger). Try and see if you can make it.
Best way is to use IRC - Try Freenode.net

It has multiple servers and handle thousands of users.

Indyan

Here Since 2003
Make Vista’s User Account Control Less Annoying with Norton

User Account Control or UAC is one of the most annoying new features in Windows Vista (7 Steps to Delete a Shortcut! - give me a break). Microsoft has promised to tone it down in Windows 7, but you don’t need to wait for Windows 7 to make UAC more bearable.
Norton has released a free utility called Norton UAC Tool that replaces Windows Vista’s standard UAC prompt. The most significant change that Norton has made is adding the “Don’t ask me again” option. This allows you to add day-to-day harmless actions to the whitelist and makes UAC significantly less annoying. Besides this the Norton UAC Tool also displays a modified version of the UAC prompts - which I find to be more informative.

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
Having Linux Partition slows down Windows Booting ?

A troublemaking fact about co-existing of both Linux and Windows in a same computer appears to be very puzzling and weird. From a last few months both of my PCs were continuously giving slower booting time in Windows Vista when there is also Ubuntu/Arch Linux installed in other HDD. This is ridiculous at a first thought but finally after some repeated retrievals of Windows Vista boot time readings, I can’t deny this.

Indyan

Here Since 2003
7+1 Must Have Mobile Apps

There is only so much you can do with J2ME due to inherent limitations of the platform. But that doesn’t mean there aren’t any good applications for Java based mobile phones. Here are my top seven free J2ME applications....

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Social Networking - It's not a waste of time

[FONT=&quot]You always thought that Orkut users had no other work than doing baseless scraps. Do you hate replying to those baseless and plastic scraps forwarded by your friends? Do you want to use Orkut to some positive effect? If so go ahead, read on.[/FONT]

Read the entire post

Indyan

Here Since 2003
Windows 7 - The Successor to Windows Vista

In the days of cool and catchy names (Feisty Fawn, Jaunty Jackalope and Snow Leopard) Microsoft is going back to the basics and has decided to call its next Operating System - Windows 7. Yes, its official now. The successor to Windows Vista will be called Windows 7.
That’s how Windows started out. In the pre Windows 95 era each Windows build was known by a version number like most other softwares - ugly but sensible. Then Microsoft decided to get cool and used years in place of version number. This continued till Windows ME. Then they changed their mind again and came out with Windows 2000 only to ditch the year based naming system for their next two releases - Windows Xp and Windows Vista...

Top Bottom