Bloggers' Corner

Indyan

Here Since 2003
Guys today is blog action day. I would encourage everyone to participate.
My post :
Blog Action Day 2008 - Five Ways You Can Make A Difference

Today is Blog Action Day 2008. Blog Action Day is an annual nonprofit event that aims to unite the world’s bloggers, podcasters and videocasters, to post about the same issue on the same day. Their aim is to raise awareness and trigger a global discussion. This year the theme is Poverty. Here are five resources through which you can make a difference through the internet, sitting on your couch.
FreeRice : According to the United Nations, about 25,000 people die each day from hunger or hunger-related causes, most of them children. FreeRice.com allows you to make a difference while playing a game. You have to answer Multiple Choice Questions related to English Vocabulary (default), English Grammar, World Capitals, Famous Paintings, Chemical Symbols, Multiplication Table, German, Italian, Spanish and French. For every question that you answer correctly FreeRice will donate 20 grains of rice to UN World Food Program. I love FreeRice because it’s entertaining, it helps you to learn and at the same time make a difference....

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Get Ready For PDC 2008

October 26th is around the corner. Microsoft’s answer to the Macworld is about to happen. Microsoft employees and the internet is abuzz with some amazing stuff. Sitting here in India all I can do is envy the lucky Microsofties who will be partying on the roof of The Standard. It’s kinda pissing off ‘coz there is almost nothing by Microsoft that happened here other than Microsoft’s Largest Launch Event - Mumbai Leg. Some major announcements about Windows Strata (Microsoft’s Cloud Computing platform) and the big Windows 7 hands on.

[...] Continue reading...

Indyan

Here Since 2003
5 Tools To Build and Maintain Your Twitter Network​

Twitter was initially meant to be a tool to answer the two commonly asked questions - “What you are doing?” and “Where are you?”. But soon after its launch twitter exploded. It became a social networking phenomenon that very few people initially expected it to be. Twitter is now a golden tool for Marketing and Networking, and maintaining a twitter network is more important than you probably think. Here are five tools to get you started.

Build Your Network

Twubble : Twubble can help expand your Twitter bubble—it searches your friend graph and picks out people who you may like to follow. Twubble’s suggestions are ordered based on the number of your friends that are following the tweeter. Every suggestion is accompanied by a list of your friends who are following the particular user, his twitter profile picture, link to Google Search page for the person and the Follow button.

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
Apple’s Latest MacBook Refresh & Connection with Snow Leopard
Just yesterday Apple refreshed, better say reinvented its entire MacBook lineup of computers with something that left the world drooling over. The notebooks got new, faster, more powerful processors, graphic processors, RAMs, Hard Disk Drives and most exclusively a whole new way to create a laptop. These new Macs will come from a single block of Aluminum, efficiently cut and polished with laser with precise manufacturing techniques never seen before.....
.....Snow Leopard is on its way to be released in the next year and that’s too touting of native multi-core support in both processors and graphic chips and OpenCL. So Jobs pretty much needed some multi-core hardware and DDR3 RAM in his machines to show the true power of this new OS. I think that some similar updates are soon coming into iMacs and Mac Pros as well to catch up with the pace and with Snow Leopard. Personally, I liked the new models and decided to buy one MBP but will wait until the Snowy comes out and the price fells a little to keep up with my wallet.

bmiojesh

Right off the assembly line
media encoding

get the post blog from bij.wordpress.com/2008/10/18/media-encoding
higlight This is not a flashing subject..............

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Free Software From Microsoft For Indian Students

Free Vista Business Edition for Indian Students & more goodies.

BeingManan said:
I have come across a lot of posts on many Indian forums where they say Microsoft is giving away free software but that is NOT valid for India which kind of annoys me but as it turns out, Indian students are also eligible to free, yes you read it correctly - free.

There are 2 ways by which you can eligible for this:
[...] Continue reading...

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
India seals Mohali test, lend Aussies a crushing defeat

The Diwali celebrations have already began a week earlier in Mohali. India registered an emphatic win over Australia in the second test of Border Gavaskar Trophy after the first test fizzled out in a draw. India achieved this great victory after bowling out Australia in the first session of the 5th day of the second test match, after Aussies were made to chase a steep target of 516.

Read the entire post

slugger

Banned
Why India MUST pursue the development its own, credible Space-based capabilities?

Why India MUST pursue the development its own, credible Space-based capabilities?
Was a result of my attempt to understand why India needs to contnue its development of the Space program

Part 01
Part 02

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
Re: Why India MUST pursue the development its own, credible Space-based capabilities?

Data Compressing Softwares for Windows : A Short Review
File compression is something very common in this world of technology nowadays, since it is used almost everywhere in every computer in some way or another. According to Wikipedia, Data Compression (actually files are data, everything in the storage is data so the term is basically Data Compression) “is the process of encoding information using fewer bits (or other information-bearing units) than an un-encoded representation would use through use of specific encoding schemes.” Now since the size of the web and user consumable data is ever growing, we need to have something to pack that large sum of bits and bytes into smaller packages. File compression has the answer for this problem and it is quite a necessity........
......Now I am not teaching about the chronicles of file compression here, rather I am going to discuss some useful application for file compression in Windows. There are oodles of file compression softwares available for every platform and comparing each and every one of them is not quite the task I’m going to start here. People who want to think beyond the default Windows compression tool can start here. Below, the most useful and well known softwares available for Windows are discussed. Let’s have a look....
Minefield 3.1b2: Private Browsing is almost here
Minefield, the developer build for Firefox is doing some great jobs with arguably world’s fastest JavaScript engine Tracemonkey.....

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
GaurishSharma.com said:
Monitor Your HDD's Health, Keep your Data Safe!
Here are 2 tools I use to constantly monitor my HDD's Health. you can also use them, so next time whenever your HDD fails you know it before.this is done using a Inbuilt feature in HDD's called S.M.A.R.T.

Monitor Your HDD's Health, Keep your Data Safe!

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
Inquisitor Vs Peers: The Search Wars Start Again
The Search Wars start again with a raging battle between Inquisitor and Peers, plug-ins those brought instant search feature in browsers. The first comer, Inquisitor recently spurred up support for Internet Explorer and Firefox while improving its strong base over Safari while Peers is constantly improving with Firefox. The previous Safari-only Inquisitor is looking forward towards its Firefox agenda hence directly clashing with reigning Peers in its own territory. Brawns apart, actually both of the plug-ins does provide the same functionalities of search-as-you-type internet search results from popular search engines like Google, Yahoo or other Opensearch supported sites like Wikipedia. Let’s take a quick look at both the tools before directly pitting each against another.

slugger

Banned
Flexible Manufacturing System (F.M.S.)

Flexible Manufacturing System (F.M.S.)
One of the most revolutionary concepts of Machining Processes to emerge in the last two decades has been the concept of Flexible Manufacturing System (F.M.S.). It is a concept of machining where a set of machine tools can be used to perform a wide range of machining operations to produce a variety of products. This dynamic nature of the machine tools can be achieved by developing a beautiful amalgamation of Hardware and Software components.

Abstract, Part 1, Part 2, Part 3

an old post moved from googlepages in to the blog

Indyan

Here Since 2003
The Filter - Music, Movie and Web Video Recommendation
The Filter started out as a music recommendation and playlist generation plug-in backed by Rock star Peter Gabriel and Eden Ventures. When it launched there was no auto-playlist generation in iTunes. But things changed with the release of iTunes 8 (which incorporated Apple’s playlist generation technology called Genius). As a result The Filter also had to change and evolve. Earlier this year they unveiled their new and revamped service which now supported iTunes (both on Windows and Mac), Windows Media Player, Winamp and even many Symbian powered Nokia handsets. So how does the brand new The Filter perform? Does it have what it takes to stand out from the host of music recommendation services?

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
[Review] Sony DSC-T500

I have bought and gifted 2 T200s and 1 T300 before purchasing this camera. The SonyT500 was launched after the T700 & you thought only Microsoft could have version 6.1 named as 7. Deciding which 1 to buy was quite a tough call. Choosing between 720p HD video recording & 4GB internal memory did make me swing like a pendulum, but in the end the HD factor was something I couldn’t resist.

[...] Continue Reading…

Indyan

Here Since 2003
Six Premium Antivirus Software for Free - II

Earlier this year I brought to you Six Premium Antivirus Software for free (the links for F-Secure, eScan Anti-Virus, CA Anti-Virus and Norman are still working). Well, the security companies are at it again and there are loads of free extended trial keys up for grabs. Here are six premium security products for free. Grab them now, since these things don’t last long.

Contains license keys for Mcafee, PC Tools, Norton, Avira, BitDefender and AVG.

Top Bottom