Best YouTube video download software in browser?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonaldMartin

Right off the assembly line
I absolutely support in-browser downloaders. I had so much trouble with free software that left spyware, or malware in my browsers. The most annoying was some Babylon search engine that couldn't be uninstalled with anything. So be careful! Use plugins whenever it's possible.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Seriously wtf is wrong with Chrome? I can't install any YouTube downloader from it's chromium web store. What nonsense? The one TG mentioned used to work great and now I can't even find it! This is what it says if I try to apply it from TG's link,
*img88.imageshack.us/img88/6523/94201635.jpg

This is what comes up when I search for it in chrome extension,
*img62.imageshack.us/img62/8381/19918139.jpg

Pathetic!! Help needed.

TIA.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I don't know what's the big deal in enabling "advanced browser integration". It always comes enabled by default.
See:

*i.imgur.com/luHlO.png

I never faced ANY issue in downloading videos from any site in chrome. If you don't want to use IDM, use "YouTube Downloader: MP3 / HD Video Download". Its working fine. But these type of extensions work only with Youtube, what if I have to download an embedded flash video from any other site? IDM wins there.

PS: You may not able to be find the above extension as the "visit website" link for the extension "does not exists". :| Still, try.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
IDM was my favourite, still is. But enabling browser integration creates problem in Chrome. When I wanna download, say a RAR file it goes straight into IDM and couldn't be downloaded as only browser download manager supports it. Hope you got what I am trying to say here.
And what do you mean by "visit website link for extension doesn't exist"? Those extensions, be it 'YouTube Video downloader' or some other like TG mentioned, are NOT THERE PRESENT under chromium store.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
When I wanna download, say a RAR file it goes straight into IDM and couldn't be downloaded as only browser download manager supports it.

This happens only when the site doesn't supports download managers and automatically expires the session when finds that a DM is trying to download the file. And very frankly, its very rare. But there's a trick to it. Press and hold "Alt" and then click on download link, the download will not be transferred to the IDM, rather browser will start downloading it. It applies to all browsers.

And what do you mean by "visit website link for extension doesn't exist"?

Go to extensions list in chrome, there you'll find "Visit website" below each extension. The "website" of the extension which I showed you, was unreachable, thus "not existing".

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Seriously wtf is wrong with Chrome? I can't install any YouTube downloader from it's chromium web store. What nonsense? The one TG mentioned used to work great and now I can't even find it! This is what it says if I try to apply it from TG's link,
*img88.imageshack.us/img88/6523/94201635.jpg

This is what comes up when I search for it in chrome extension,
*img62.imageshack.us/img62/8381/19918139.jpg

Pathetic!! Help needed.

TIA.

This must be some kind of feature change of the new version of the chrome browser and it's simply not allowing chrome to install extension from 3rd party websites - extensions can only be installed from here :
*chrome.google.com/webstore
but not from here
Google Chrome Extensions
or any other 3rd party website - check the security settings of the browser.

tkin

Back to school!!
To install 3rd party extensions in chrome, download extension to computer, then open chrome's extension page and drag the extension from computer to there, it will install, that's it.

You guys should have read the link shown by that dialogue.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ I use Opera mainly ( no extension install issue ) but thought this only works for FF but good to see this works in Chrome as well - thanks ;-)

tkin

Back to school!!
^^ I also use opera exclusively, but use chrome for apk downloader extension, hence I used the work around as it was never posted in the play store(violation of TOS).

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I use Video DownloadHelper extension for Firefox. Produces download links for tons of sites.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
i recently started using chrome youtube dowloader for google chrome, and flash video downloader for firefox (both of them are browser extensions), and so far really liking them. another versatile option is using xilisoft youtube downloader (you can also open websites in that software, and it also supports drag-n-drop feature from video thumbnails onto the software window), but it goes awry many-a-times if you select too many videos at a time ;)

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
To install 3rd party extensions in chrome, download extension to computer, then open chrome's extension page and drag the extension from computer to there, it will install, that's it.

You guys should have read the link shown by that dialogue.
Good God! It's that easy. Should have figured it out :(
Anyway, thanks to you a lot.
^^ I use Opera mainly ( no extension install issue ) but thought this only works for FF but good to see this works in Chrome as well - thanks ;-)

^^ I also use opera exclusively, but use chrome for apk downloader extension, hence I used the work around as it was never posted in the play store(violation of TOS).
Have given Opera a lots of tries, that thing is just not for me.
uninstall and install it again simple :D IT happened with me too but solved now
Nah, tried it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom