Best YouTube video download software in browser?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I've recently switched browser, from FF to Chrome, and i miss the on screen option of downloading a YouTube video while using Internet Download Manager. I never used the Advanced Integration in IDM, which wasn't needed in FF to download a video but in Chrome it's different story, without advanced integration you won't be able to download a video.
So i need to know the best and stable software out there which will do the purpose in Chrome.
If my requirement is not clear then i am attaching a screenshot to say what i am actually trying to say here.
(Red circle in screenshot).
*i44.tinypic.com/15d9p53.jpg

TIA.

dan4u

Took Off!!!
I too had this problem, it just didn't work with chrome. Then I downloaded a newer version (ver 6) that had chrome support, I can now download youtube videos using IDM in chrome.
the link appears on the lower left of the browser.

devx

Back on TDF :)
Yes you haven't specified your problem exactly the way you want.

But what's the problem with " Advanced Browser Integration " in CHROME ?? It's necessary for every other browser including chrome to display the download button automatically., and i never missed it.

Another options are: Freemake Video Downloader
It doesn't show any button on screen but displays icon in toolbar and to download just copy/paste the link in software and it'll prompt you to download the video in original format or other you choose.

Sujeet

Undead!!!
Install This And See if It Works:
Download Download Assistant 5.0.2 Free - A Google Chrome add-on that allows you to download links on a web page using popular download managers - Softpedia
+
Update You Chrome And IDM.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
*i.imgur.com/YWkpt.jpg

*i.imgur.com/zOEkg.jpg

Dunno if IDM supports Opera or not. But Opera's built-in Download manager is fine. Will continue downloads from where they were if you close the browser or restart PC. Unlike Firefox and Chrome.

ganeshnokiae63

Hardcore Gamer
Try Freemake Video downloader.its easy to use..
*img824.imageshack.us/img824/9639/fmvd.jpg
the blue one is video downloader...

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
I donot prefer using plugins for Youtube video downloading. My preferred method is to use keepvid.com/ and copy paste the URL to my download manager to download :wink:

techiemaharaj

--> Techie - Maharaj
DownloadHelper is best for Firefox..can detect and download any videos. IDM is also good and it supports all browsers....Hve been using both of them...

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I too had this problem, it just didn't work with chrome. Then I downloaded a newer version (ver 6) that had chrome support, I can now download youtube videos using IDM in chrome.
the link appears on the lower left of the browser.
Well i can download if i enable ABI*. But i don't like to keep it on, makes problem when you are downloading other stuffs.
Yes you haven't specified your problem exactly the way you want.

But what's the problem with " Advanced Browser Integration " in CHROME ?? It's necessary for every other browser including chrome to display the download button automatically., and i never missed it.

Another options are: Freemake Video Downloader
It doesn't show any button on screen but displays icon in toolbar and to download just copy/paste the link in software and it'll prompt you to download the video in original format or other you choose.
Well the problem with ABI* is you will have problem in downloading other stuffs, you know what i mean by other stuffs/formats. So turning on ABI in IDM will create problems. Built in download manager of browser works fine.
Install This And See if It Works:
Download Download Assistant 5.0.2 Free - A Google Chrome add-on that allows you to download links on a web page using popular download managers - Softpedia
+
Update You Chrome And IDM.
Will try that software now.
My Chrome and IDM is updated.

@ico- Yep, Opera has it, but it ain't my choice of browser :)

Update:
Well that app ico mentioned works in Opera works in Chrome too. Just an extension called 'Youtube downloader'.
Nice.

*i41.tinypic.com/acszmq.jpg
*i43.tinypic.com/2i8dq38.jpg

Last edited:

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
I donot prefer using plugins for Youtube video downloading. My preferred method is to use keepvid.com/ and copy paste the URL to my download manager to download :wink:
same here :)with keepvid its possible to download files as mp4,flv,3gp and mp3 and u should hav java.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
+1 to keepvid.com
Cross platform (;)), portable (;)) and hassle free way to download videos from youtube in any quality. It's audio counterpart, snipmp3.com can be used to download the the audio from any YT vid.

Anyway, since I am using Opera these days, I will try the extension which ico mentioned. That looks good too.

Sujeet

Undead!!!
+1 to keepvid.com
Cross platform (;)), portable (;)) and hassle free way to download videos from youtube in any quality. It's audio counterpart, snipmp3.com can be used to download the the audio from any YT vid.

Anyway, since I am using Opera these days, I will try the extension which ico mentioned. That looks good too.
Rethink.
It requires Java Plugin and without it keepvid ,savevid and likes are usless+It aint portable since it doesnt work on smart-phones properly.

frankeric

Journeyman
I've recently switched browser, from FF to Chrome, and i miss the on screen option of downloading a YouTube video while using Internet Download Manager. I never used the Advanced Integration in IDM, which wasn't needed in FF to download a video but in Chrome it's different story, without advanced integration you won't be able to download a video.
So i need to know the best and stable software out there which will do the purpose in Chrome.
If my requirement is not clear then i am attaching a screenshot to say what i am actually trying to say here.
(Red circle in screenshot).
*i44.tinypic.com/15d9p53.jpg

TIA.

Hi there buddy go in chrome webstore and search for video downloader there you will find you tube video downloader install it and you are redy to go :D

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ OP - use either of these :

Ultimate YouTube Downloader for Chrome Google Chrome Extensions
YouTube VideoGrab Google Chrome Extensions

digit.sh

Journeyman
Use Linux and use Minitube. IMO, minitube is the best youtube downloader ever.:wink: Its free for linux but its a paid app for windows.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
@ OP - use either of these :

Ultimate YouTube Downloader for Chrome Google Chrome Extensions
YouTube VideoGrab Google Chrome Extensions
I'll try that. Thanks TG.
OK, the first one is great and works, but how could i work the second one, i mean the YouTube Video Grab one? It just shows an icon at the top right corner of the browser but nothing else!
Use Linux and use Minitube. IMO, minitube is the best youtube downloader ever.:wink: Its free for linux but its a paid app for windows.
Use Linux for YouTube only :eek:
Anyway, I'll try the paid one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom