Status
Not open for further replies.

Hackattack

Multicore Mutant
I am experiencing slow down during file transfers, and I am using nod32.
nod32 process cpu to 100% during any file transfer. :confused:

src2206

In the zone
@src2206: well getup is same but it was askin for serials stuff for cleaning....it detected tons of spy's while scanning which was done free....

k will check it out
Enjoy~!

Weired.....!!!!

As you might have seen in the second screen shot, it clearly states of Free License. :eek:

Can you post a screen shot of the program?

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
^^I tried all other av's in my initial days of computing. finally mcafee gave me complete piece of mind. no problem since then. more than 1.5 years without any single problem and still going strong. Just give mcafee 2 minutes while booting up and enjoy virus free computing.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
^^I tried all other av's in my initial days of computing. finally mcafee gave me complete piece of mind. no problem since then. more than 1.5 years without any single problem and still going strong. Just give mcafee 2 minutes while booting up and enjoy virus free computing.
Do you know why did you have Virus Free Computing???...........I'll answer because McAfee is crap and didn't detect anything in your PC. :D

Every PC in my school had McAfee 2006 and 2007 (some had 2006 and the others 2007) and they all use to boot very slow and were severely infected by Brontok and Noonlight worms. It didn't detect anything and when I installed NOD32 and every PC, tons of viruses were found.......

Thought McAfee 2005 was a very good product.

OP
M

magneticme200

In the zone
Do you know why did you have Virus Free Computing???...........I'll answer because McAfee is crap and didn't detect anything in your PC. :D

Every PC in my school had McAfee 2006 and 2007 (some had 2006 and the others 2007) and they all use to boot very slow and were severely infected by Brontok and Noonlight worms. It didn't detect anything and when I installed NOD32 and every PC, tons of viruses were found.......

Thought McAfee 2005 was a very good product.

yeah bro u r quite right...also i wanted to add is that i had nod32 installed earlier...and thn i installed avast...which in turn detected viruses evn whn nod32 said im virus free..!!
so in my opinion avast's performance s the best and most of all it is absolutely free..!

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
avast is also good but we had some or the other AV in our school computers. Some also had avast and AVG (the Junior Lab computers) too but they were also very badly infected..... NOD32 cleaned them all.

src2206

In the zone
yeah bro u r quite right...also i wanted to add is that i had nod32 installed earlier...and thn i installed avast...which in turn detected viruses evn whn nod32 said im virus free..!!
so in my opinion avast's performance s the best and most of all it is absolutely free..!

It is most likely that you ad a conflict. It is not at all advisable to install Two AntiVirus softwares. I had used Avast long back, a very good AV (and best as Free AV); but if i remember correctly Avast did not install itself if another AV is found on the system. Moreover, there is something in Virus Detection called "false Positive", which I think was the case with you. Avast though is a very good AV gives more false positives than NOD32.
Try this, the file Avast pointed as Virus (if you still have it that is), upload it to Jotti online scanner and see reports from all the leading AV companies.

zebanon

p@rkour
i think, Avast is best if kept updating regularly.........i m using avast home edition n it scans out virus quickly.......:p

T

The Conqueror

Kaspersky Internet Security 7 :)
The best protection and i am free from any tension

V

vaibhavtek

There was a list of Ranking of Antivirus in Technology News.
Search the Forum and u will get that. :))

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
There was a list of Ranking of Antivirus in Technology News.
Search the Forum and u will get that. :))
Yes, it was. Here: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60520&page=5

But that is fake and completely incorrect. The thread is locked upon my request.

*www.av-comparatives.org/

Go here yourself get the best AntiVirus comparison. The report of August & November 2007. They clearly say that NOD32 and Kaspersky are the best and also ranks NOD32 a little above Kaspersky due to the factor of False Positives.

T

The Conqueror

I dont trust these av comparsion tests and reviews as they might be given money to say so but 1 thing is for sure : Kaspersky and NOD32 are the best

pushkaraj

In the zone
I am using McAfee 08. The following is the screenshot of mcafee using around 40 MB of memory. Does nod32 use less RAM?
*img144.imageshack.us/img144/7646/mcafee08memoryusagevy6.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom