Status
Not open for further replies.

pushkaraj

In the zone
Are you scanning at the moment??

Look here: *www.eset.com/products/compare-NOD32-vs-competition.php

One more thing: You have a very less number of Processes running. As the number of Processes will increase, they'll require RAM and NOD32 will not take much of the RAM at that time. Like in my case.

No i was not scanning at that time.

Again i checked the RAM usage. Now it's showing less. Check this out:

*img70.imageshack.us/img70/5873/nod32au4.jpg

6 + 31 = 37 MB :)

sghosh15

Broken In
Hi All,

It is very good thread. Thanks for this discussion. From this thread I have installed Comodo Firewall, It is realy very good one. For a long time I m looking for a good firewall. Finally I got it.

Now I am looking for good anti virus. I have been using McAfee for last 2 yrs, but now I m facing prob with McAfee. I am looking for a new one. In my office we are using Quick heal for a long time, and I want to buy it. I just like to know ur opinion about Quick Heal, since none of u have mationed the name of this antivirus, which I think is a good one. Looking for ur expert opinion.

Thanks.....

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Now I am looking for good anti virus. I have been using McAfee for last 2 yrs, but now I m facing prob with McAfee.

I have been using McAfee Virus Scan Plus for the last three years now. What kind of problems are you facing? I still find it very good.

*img217.imageshack.us/img217/9472/pubthefuture2cisopen466cr4.png

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Hi All,

It is very good thread. Thanks for this discussion. From this thread I have installed Comodo Firewall, It is realy very good one. For a long time I m looking for a good firewall. Finally I got it.

Now I am looking for good anti virus. I have been using McAfee for last 2 yrs, but now I m facing prob with McAfee. I am looking for a new one. In my office we are using Quick heal for a long time, and I want to buy it. I just like to know ur opinion about Quick Heal, since none of u have mationed the name of this antivirus, which I think is a good one. Looking for ur expert opinion.

Thanks.....
@sghosh15:
I'll suggest you only two AVs: NOD32 or Kaspersky.......
But if you go for Kaspersky AntiVirus, you'll not be able to use Comodo as KAV is incompatible with it. You'll have to use ZoneAlarm Free which is also good.

Or else I would advise you to go for NOD32 AntiVirus.........

If you want a complete Internet Security suite, then you should opt for Kaspersky Internet Security.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
^^ I've never heard of CA Internet Security. I guess it is not one of the major competitors out there in the market.

------------------------------

I tried AVG 8.0 Pro just for 1 hour and it simply bloats. My PC started crawling. Whenever I used to download any .exe using Firefox, my CPU usage used shoot to 90+.........I was not able to find AVG 8.0 Free on their website. May be it was in some non-reachable corner of the website........

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
*shop.ca.com/malware/internet_security_suite.aspx

I heard they r major providers for corporates.... Is it?
any1 else used??

me using in my laptop!

& earlier this was known as etrust!

kanwaljeet4u

Broken In
I am using Kaspersky Internet Security with Windows Defender and it's working beautifully for me.

Anybody who lives in Delhi can purchase KIS v7 from Nehru Place. The cost of 1 user license with 1 year subscription is Rs.700/- including tax.

Last edited:

gcbeldar

In the zone
I am using Kaspersky Internet Security with Windows Defender and it's working beautifully for me.

Anybody who lives in Delhi can purchase KIS v7 from Nehru Place. The cost of 1 user license with 1 year subscription is Rs.700/- including tax.

I am from karnataka, now the price is 500+tax+ shipping for KIS 3 user edition.

kanwaljeet4u

Broken In
I am from karnataka, now the price is 500+tax+ shipping for KIS 3 user edition.
^^ You should check your price again.

Check this out: *dqweek.ciol.com/content/top_stories/108030404.asp

*www.npithub.com/

^^ This is Delhi's IT market, search for your product and then call at given numbers for further inquiry.

jordanjack

Right off the assembly line
Hello All,

I don't know much more about best/good anti-spyware and I am also looking for it, recently I used an rogue anti-spyware 'Adware Alert' which I purchased from www.adwarealert.com and this affect badly on my PC, this is really a bad one..

well, you have got some good reply, I also trying some of them
Thanks!!

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Hello All,

I don't know much more about best/good anti-spyware and I am also looking for it, recently I used an rogue anti-spyware 'Adware Alert' which I purchased from www.adwarealert.com and this affect badly on my PC, this is really a bad one..

well, you have got some good reply, I also trying some of them
Thanks!!
I recommend you getting Kaspersky Internet Security 7. It is an all in one package with AntiVirus, AntiSpyare, Firewall and even Ad-block syystem and lots more. And also it isn't that expensive in India and is easily available.

Also don't get ever buy any product from Norton and McAfee. They re just big in name and else are nothing. Kaspersky Internet Security is superior to all..........

kanwaljeet4u

Broken In
Agreed with Gagan, Purchase KIS v7, The best Internet Security Suite available in the market today, No need to install another anti spyware in your system. If you are using a genuine windows then you should install Windows Defender's latest version which is a lot better anti spyware than it's previous versions. If you need some extra security then install Firefox web browser with few security plugins, that's all.

Norton and McAfee are good for nothing, they're just big players with low performance just like Virendra Sehwag!

Last edited:
T

The Conqueror

^^ Trend micro is the WORST IMHO..................
Try kaspersky or NOD32 and you will come to know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom