Status
Not open for further replies.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
^^ Dude McAfee is the worst AntiVirus in the world.....Don't use it.
NOD32 uses less than 20MB RAM in my PC........:lol:

And its scanning speed is mind blowing.......

pushkaraj

In the zone
@gagandeep, if nod32 usage is really as low as 20 MB, then i wud surely think about removing mcafee and installing nod32 :)

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
@gagandeep, if nod32 usage is really as low as 20 MB, then i wud surely think about removing mcafee and installing nod32 :)
It is always around 20MB. One more thing. RAM usage doesn't matter much. It is the CPU usage while scanning and working in background which is more important.

One more thing, McAfee's virus detection is worst now a days. NOD32 is the best. Do check the PDF reports here: www.av-comparatives.org

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Nod32 is good but slows down file transferring speed. :(. Its heavy on CPU.
Other than that it rocks.:cool:
Who says its heavy on CPU and slows down file transfer?? Better check your firewall.......

Dude also it just requires ~30MB of Hard Disk....

And also see it is just taking 25MB RAM while scanning and just 8% resources. Also I've a 6 year old Pentium 4 with 1GB SD RAM. You can expect much less on your newer computers.
*img134.imageshack.us/img134/7394/scanningnodlp4.th.jpg

Last edited:

Hackattack

Multicore Mutant
Who says its heavy on CPU and slows down file transfer?? Better check your firewall.......

What has firewall got to do with file copying/transferring. :confused:. I am talking hdd to hdd, pen drive, external drive,and vice cerca and also FTP.
I myself checked nod32 scans every file during read or write, and cpu utilization goes high. :(

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
^^ I thought you were talking about Internet transfers.......My mistake
For me everything is normal from Copying to Pasting.:)

See the CPU utilization in my Edited post.....:) :D

Hackattack

Multicore Mutant

Dude also it just requires ~30MB of Hard Disk....

And also see it is just taking 25MB RAM while scanning and just 8% resources. Also I've a 6 year old Pentium 4 with 1GB SD RAM. You can expect much less on your newer computers.
*img134.imageshack.us/img134/7394/scanningnodlp4.th.jpg

I think your nod32 is on manual update, my nod32 database currently showing 2880.

Siddhartha_t69

Journeyman
I;m stuck in between avast and NOD 32 .

NOD 32 takes ages to update the virus database on my dialup. Are there any better ways to update the database? I have a good connection in my college.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I;m stuck in between avast and NOD 32 .

NOD 32 takes ages to update the virus database on my dialup. Are there any better ways to update the database? I have a good connection in my college.
If you are updating for the first time, at that time you've to download a big 8MB file. All the rest updates are small and less than 150KB.

pushkaraj

In the zone
^^ Dude McAfee is the worst AntiVirus in the world.....Don't use it.
NOD32 uses less than 20MB RAM in my PC........:lol:
/QUOTE]

Just installed nod32. Check out the ram usage in the following screenshot:

*img138.imageshack.us/img138/7986/nod32ramusagenr0.jpg

egui.exe(13 MB) + ekrn.exe(32 MB) = 45 MB

spitfire

Gizmo Freak !
Its Kaspersky AV 7 + Zone alarm Pro + Spysweeper for me
I got free 1 year licenses for both KAV and Spysweeper recently...
PC is running superbly...no slowdown at all...

Previously I used AVG free +ZAP....they were also good..didnt face any infection in last 5 years !

ajayritik

Technomancer
My friend doesn't have internet connection at his place. Is it possible to have an Antivirus for which we can download an update file and then install it on his computer.?

slugger

Banned
My friend doesn't have internet connection at his place. Is it possible to have an Antivirus for which we can download an update file and then install it on his computer.?

besides AVG, Avast and norton upd8s can also b downloaded as an *.exe and up8ed l8r

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Just installed nod32. Check out the ram usage in the following screenshot:

egui.exe(13 MB) + ekrn.exe(32 MB) = 45 MB
Are you scanning at the moment??

Look here: *www.eset.com/products/compare-NOD32-vs-competition.php

One more thing: You have a very less number of Processes running. As the number of Processes will increase, they'll require RAM and NOD32 will not take much of the RAM at that time. Like in my case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom