Status
Not open for further replies.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I switched to NOD32 from KAV 7 on Windows Vista. KAV 7 whether enabled or disabled used to slow my vista a lot. I have NOD32 installed now & have disabled it now cos I don't get virus generally. Let's see how NOD32 is when it comes to detection rate. I don't care for RAM usage of a AV when disabled I just care for CPU resource usage.

A correction to what others said:

Clamwin DOES NOT NEED TO BE THE ONLY AV

Only Real Time Scanning is reserved to a single AV

Non real time scanning AVs can be multiply installed in the same system

You can even install Norton and Avast in same system if you disable RTS for one.

src2206

In the zone
gx_saurav said:
I switched to NOD32 from KAV 7 on Windows Vista. KAV 7 whether enabled or disabled used to slow my vista a lot. I have NOD32 installed now & have disabled it now cos I don't get virus generally. Let's see how NOD32 is when it comes to detection rate. I don't care for RAM usage of a AV when disabled I just care for CPU resource usage.
Errrr.....my friend virus will never come after taking an appointment so that you may have time to activate your NOD32 :D

johnnie-X

Right off the assembly line
I'm testing now latest Norton AV (on a trial) and I'm surprised that it doesn't slow my system comparing to KAV.

Vivek788

In the zone
well..i recently installed a mcafee security center and many things like anti-virus and anti-hacker...its features are nice..why doenst anyone say its gud?

The only reason I am asking is because my bro likes McAfee and bought it and installed it asking me to find if its really gud..if so wy not rated high...

Also now i see on searching abt virus,security etc..the sponsored ad by google(the one in yellow) has McAfee only.why is it?Also in a site for comparing security systems..I got a popup for McAfee though it was not mentioned anywhere in page...doesnt all these mean McAfee is controlling or interfering with my browser contents..doenst that amount to phishing,hacking and emulate spyware activity???

smile

In the zone
Majority of the people not only from this forum but from others too says Kaspersky and Nod 32 are the BEST :) :) :)

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
internet security does it mean it includes packages of firewall n anti-spyware?

i hv vista installed system in hp pavilion (amd64 dual core wit 1gb ddr2)
so which is best soln for me...it came wit norton preinstalled but its kickin my performance....

n do i need seperate antispyware n antivirus or can hv packages....vista has its own windows defender n firewall which keeps updating if i dont use a 3rd party firewall....is dat sufficient or shd i install 3rd parties?

@techwiz:

plz confirm me as u mentioned spybot search n destroy is free coz it detects spywares but later for removal it asks for registration of product which is chargeable...

Enjoy!

Power UP

In the zone
Free: Avast or AVG
Personally:Avast. Its has lots of features,small updates, and does'nt give too many false positives like AVG does.

Paid: Kaspersky or NOD32
Personally:NOD32. I find it really fast when compared to other antiviruses.

Overrated: Norton and McAfee
Do a google search, and read what various security sites have to say about these.Highly overrated and resource hungry.

Last edited:

src2206

In the zone
internet security does it mean it includes packages of firewall n anti-spyware?

i hv vista installed system in hp pavilion (amd64 dual core wit 1gb ddr2)
so which is best soln for me...it came wit norton preinstalled but its kickin my performance....

n do i need seperate antispyware n antivirus or can hv packages....vista has its own windows defender n firewall which keeps updating if i dont use a 3rd party firewall....is dat sufficient or shd i install 3rd parties?

Internet Security Suite includes both Firewall and Antivirus+Antispyware. You can opt for any company, but as you are concerned about the performance go for ESET Internet Security suite (Firewall+NOD32 AV). If you are looking for Free alternatives the following should provide you great protection (better than any paid IMHO):

AV: AVAST! Home
FW: Comodo Professional Firewall <- far better than any paid solution available in the market.

plz confirm me as u mentioned spybot search n destroy is free coz it detects spywares but later for removal it asks for registration of product which is chargeable...

Though this question is not directed to me, but I hope you won't mind my intrusion...:)

You must have been duped my friend. I have been using Spybot S&D for more than two years now and cleaned my system even a week back.

Homepage: *www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html

And the program interface is as follows:

*img151.imageshack.us/img151/1286/spybotsdnp2.png

Are you sure that your program interface is same as posted above?

And look at the following Licensing Info, it should clear any doubt if you have any...

*img266.imageshack.us/img266/1475/spybotsd2ph3.png

anand1

In the zone
I have been using Avat Home Edition for almost 8months and it is light and eats up less of the Systems Memory. I will give it the 10/10 points.

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
@srs2206: well getup is same but it was askin for serials stuff for cleaning....it detected tons of spy's while scanning which was done free....

k will check it out
Enjoy~!

OP
M

magneticme200

In the zone
i had installed nod32 bt i couldnt find its cra ck ...
the username specified evrywhre on net is nt working...

now on popular i ll be switching to avast...
i ll do tht and will give a feedback..!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom