Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

prvprv

Journeyman
GIGABYTE - GA-EG31M-S2 is a good board for E7200. I ordered this board for my new E7200 and i will get it today :D .reviews say its a good enough overclocker for E7200 . I am getting the board for 2.9k all inclusive.

Where hav u ordered the board??
U got it?
hows it working?

Tell me which RAM is better for overclocking 667 MHz or 800 MHZ

utsav

damn busy...
I will get it today evening. I ordered here from a dealer who is sourcing the board frm the main distributor. Get a 800MHz stick .forget 667MHz .

anyone with a good idea of how much can i OC my Phenom :| ? :D
Overclocking AMD CPUs is a completely different topic compared to Overclocking Intel CPUs. Firstly, they overclock less. Secondly, the procedures are different due to the intergrated memory controller within the CPU. Go to tomshardware.com or even better, *www.overclock.net to get aquinted with the skills of overclocking.

I personally recommend this thread:
*www.overclock.net/amd-general/307316-offical-overclocking-guide-amd-socket-am2.html

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
@dits- budget for motherboard? if <5000 - Abit IP35E ,if bw 5-10k-P7N SLi platinum and if>10000-MSI P45Platinum

@ Rishab - E7200 or E8400 if u can extend

Anyone more replying to my post ???? please see few posts above...:) thanks.

one more thing is that, even if in Q4 this yr Nehalem launches, how fast it will come to india. and MAINLY at what price it will be available ? if its gonna be something more than even Q9450's price today, then there will be less takers for that initially (for 6 months I guess ).

Last edited:

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
Guys, which LCD monitor from Samsung should I buy? I am restricting myself to samsung because where I stay there in no hassle of getting service for it, but for any other brand its quite not so.

My need is a 19" one costing arund 9k...

I have seen one today which is Samsung 920NW. Should I go with it? I wouldnt have to wait for the guy to order me a monitor if I buy it as its already there in the shop. Unless the one I'm going to buy isnt worth the money, I dont see a reason not buying it.
What say you; guys?

IronMan

ADDED: Guys can you tell me wether Mosaer Baer DVD-RW is a good buy or not? Im going to buy one, so wanted an opinion from you guys.
Thanks

Last edited:

gsmsikar

Journeyman
Guys, which LCD monitor from Samsung should I buy? I am restricting myself to samsung because where I stay there in no hassle of getting service for it, but for any other brand its quite not so.

My need is a 19" one costing arund 9k...

I have seen one today which is Samsung 920NW. Should I go with it? I wouldnt have to wait for the guy to order me a monitor if I buy it as its already there in the shop. Unless the one I'm going to buy isnt worth the money, I dont see a reason not buying it.
What say you; guys?

IronMan

ADDED: Guys can you tell me wether Mosaer Baer DVD-RW is a good buy or not? Im going to buy one, so wanted an opinion from you guys.
Thanks
SAMSUNG 943NWX

try this for just Rs 9000
and
8,000:1 contrast ratio

this is better then 920NW

*www.samsung.com/ae/consumer/detail...ors&subtype=lcdmonitor&model_cd=LS19MYNKF/XSG

prvprv

Journeyman
hi

is core2Duo E7200 available in Hyderabad?
is Gigabyte EG31 series boards availble in Hyderabad?

What is the price of these?

hi

is core2Duo E7200 available in Hyderabad?
is Gigabyte EG31 series boards availble in Hyderabad?

What is the price of these?

Last edited:

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
buying a new rig please check if its fine.

CPU:Intel Core2duo E7200 Rs.5600/-
Mobo:Intel DP35DP 4600/-
Ram:Transcend 1x2GB 800Mhz(Suggest any alternatives, as transcend is rare in my place. maybe zion?)
HDD:Seagte 300GB SATA Rs.2350/-
DVD Writer: Samsung DVD writer Rs.1085/-
UPS:Numeric 600va 1820/-
Display: 19"inch LCD, need to choose. appox budget Rs.10,000/-
Microsoft basic keyboard and mouse Rs.760/-
Sony Internal Card reader Rs.400/-
Also, need a Graphics card.please sugget

Total Budget Rs.30,000/-

Buying this tommorow
will using it as Home pC, will be run typical multimedia tasks.
also, multitasking would essential. but the machine would NEVER be overclocked.

Ram:Transcend 1x2GB 800Mhz(Suggest any alternatives, as transcend is rare in my place. maybe zion?)

Total Budget Rs.30,000/-

Buying this tommorow
Even if you think you will NEVER overclock the machine, its always a good idea to play safe and ensure that the future you does not curse the present you. Get a Biostar mobo of the same chipset if you don't want to OC.

And yes, if you don't want to OC, there is no point in getting an awssome P35 chipset motherboard. Why not go for the Intel or Gigabyte or MSI G31 chipset based motherboard which will still support same CPU at a much lower cost, and the money saved thus can be invested on a graphics card.

Again, going by the same NO OC angle, AMD would suit you better since without overclocking, AMD gives better performance. I recommend the AMD Phenom X3 8450 since three cores make multitasking much easier for you. You also get quite a few value added features like support for 64bit virtualisation, etc. And a 780G chipset based mobo, like ones from Gigabyte or MSI for 4.4K will be awssome for multimedia use. Throw in a palit hd3450 for below 2k and in hybrid graphics mode, acording to reviews, you can get 40fps @ medium settings in 800x600 for crysis. Else get a zotac gf8200 mobo for 3.4k and 8500gt for a little over 2.3k and again use hybrid graphics.

For ram, try kingston. Its equal to transcend, though some place it higher.

thanks man ! UTsav tere ko i will dip into liquid nitro and then in helium :X
liquid helium ghar mein ? Pagal hai kya ? It costs a hell lot of power to maintain it in liquid state. You need lots of pressure and a very low temperature. Got a high power lab in your house ? :p

Last edited:

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Even if you think you will NEVER overclock the machine, its always a good idea to play safe and ensure that the future you does not curse the present you. Get a Biostar mobo of the same chipset if you don't want to OC.

Biostart has warranty problems, and MSI does not have service center in Jaipur.
My dealer has asked me choose a INTEL or Asus board.
and i will select the same.

And yes, if you don't want to OC, there is no point in getting an awssome P35 chipset motherboard. Why not go for the Intel or Gigabyte or MSI G31 chipset based motherboard which will still support same CPU at a much lower cost, and the money saved thus can be invested on a graphics card.
I am confused with so many chipsets.
whats the difference?
there is G31,G33,P35,P45.... and so on.
please explain

Again, going by the same NO OC angle, AMD would suit you better since without overclocking, AMD gives better performance. I recommend the AMD Phenom X3 8450 since three cores make multitasking much easier for you. You also get quite a few value added features like support for 64bit virtualisation, etc. And a 780G chipset based mobo, like ones from Gigabyte or MSI for 4.4K will be awssome for multimedia use. Throw in a palit hd3450 for below 2k and in hybrid graphics mode, acording to reviews, you can get 40fps @ medium settings in 800x600 for crysis. Else get a zotac gf8200 mobo for 3.4k and 8500gt for a little over 2.3k and again use hybrid graphics.

Will go for a Intel based Config only.
please suggest a nice card, in remaing budget:)

Thanks for replying;)
For ram, try kingston. Its equal to transcend, though some place it

itisravishankar

tech master
hi.. i m going to buy a pc with following config: proccy- e8400 ram- 2 gb 800 mhz gfx card- ati hd4850 hd- seagate 500 gb monitor- 19" viewsonic plz suggest a cabinet and power supply for this system. my budget is 5-6k

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
SAMSUNG 943NWX

try this for just Rs 9000
and
8,000:1 contrast ratio

this is better then 920NW

*www.samsung.com/ae/consumer/detail...ors&subtype=lcdmonitor&model_cd=LS19MYNKF/XSG

Man but those new ones are more of a show-off. Its DCR that is 8000:1 I guess.

Guys I wanna ask one thing; the samsung 920NW has a Contrast Ratio of 700:1. Is that Static or Dynamic?

Site: *reviews.cnet.com/lcd-monitors/samsung-syncmaster-920nw/4507-3174_7-32402957.html

Hows Samsung 953BW?

IronMan

abhisek_bsws

geek on a roll

Total Budget Rs.30,000/-

Buying this tommorow

FOR MOBO GO FOR ASUS P5KPL-VM >>2850+VAT [G31] OR ASUS P5KVM >>4500+VAT [G33] CHIPSET MOTHERBOARD...THESE MO BO HAVE VERY GOOD PERFORMANCE...N WHAT IS UR GRAPHICS CARD BUGET???

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
FOR MOBO GO FOR ASUS P5KPL-VM >>2850+VAT [G31] OR ASUS P5KVM >>4500+VAT [G33] CHIPSET MOTHERBOARD...THESE MO BO HAVE VERY GOOD PERFORMANCE...N WHAT IS UR GRAPHICS CARD BUGET???
Whats the Difference between Intel G31 and Intel G33 chipsets?

My total budget is 30k appox. so whatever balance is left will on the card.
however i can increase my budget 1k if need.
currently i am looking at 4-5k range and willing to buy 8600GT

Ps: please turn off Caps lock:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom