Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats the Difference between Intel G31 and Intel G33 chipsets?

My total budget is 30k appox. so whatever balance is left will on the card.
however i can increase my budget 1k if need.
currently i am looking at 4-5k range and willing to buy 8600GT

Ps: please turn off Caps lock:p
As I said before, G31 is the best chipset for you in this budget, since he doesn't want to OC. The base chipset is similar in nature to P35 and hence also supports the same CPUs as P35, but its toned down, and has only two ram slots, weaker onboard graphics, etc.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
As I said before, G31 is the best chipset for you in this budget, since he doesn't want to OC. The base chipset is similar in nature to P35 and hence also supports the same CPUs as P35, but its toned down, and has only two ram slots, weaker onboard graphics, etc.
Thanks Buddy.
Now going to market to assemble this workstation:)

Thank you all all for your valuable comments:D

squid

Broken In
Hi,
I will be purchasing a new system in another 6 days with the following configuration. My max budget will be 10000 for both processor and the motherboard. I already have 2GB 667Mhz DDr2 Ram and 160Gb HDD. Please suggest me Intel and AMD config. this system will be used for photoshop and text works.
thanks

Hi,
I will be purchasing a new system in another 6 days with the following configuration. My max budget will be 10000 for both processor and the motherboard. I already have 2GB 667Mhz DDr2 Ram and 160Gb HDD. Please suggest me Intel and AMD config. this system will be used for photoshop and text works.
thanks
10,000 is *just* enough to get a mainstream AMD rig.
Gigabyte or MSI 780G motherboard - 4.4K
Phenom X3 8450 - 5.5K
(see what I mean by *just* ?)

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Hi,
thanks

On the intel part E7200 @ 5600/- & any 630i or G43(if available) chipset based motherboard will do the thing.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Hi,
thanks

Intel E7200 + Intel DG31PR

squid

Broken In
10,000 is *just* enough to get a mainstream AMD rig.
Gigabyte or MSI 780G motherboard - 4.4K
Phenom X3 8450 - 5.5K
(see what I mean by *just* ?)

thanks for replying. I have considered M3N78-VM based on geforce 8200 and M3A78-VM based on 780G along with Athlon X2 5400+. What is the price of phenom X3 8450 in chennai. Does it give any significant performance over X2 5400+.

On the intel part E7200 @ 5600/- & any 630i or G43(if available) chipset based motherboard will do the thing.

whether E7200 along with G43 chipset give better performance over the above config. Please suggest.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
thanks for replying. I have considered M3N78-VM based on geforce 8200 and M3A78-VM based on 780G along with Athlon X2 5400+. What is the price of phenom X3 8450 in chennai. Does it give any significant performance over X2 5400+.

whether E7200 along with G43 chipset give better performance over the above config. Please suggest.

Dude the M3A78-VM & M3N78-VM are better motherboard but E7200 is the better processor, worth more than 5400+!
The M3A78-VM & M3N78-VM supports hybrid graphics which is a power saving feature & if u r planning for dedicated graphics card.
I mean AMD offers much better motherboard compared to INTEL setup, rest is ur choice what suits u better.
AMD - better motherboard option.
INTEL - better processor option.
My vote E7200+G43!
U choose.

^i dnt think so ....AMD X3 8450 is at par with E7200 with the added advantage of an extra core for multitasking and AMD 780G mobo is faaaaaaaaaaaar batter then any Intel mobo in the same price range (or even 1-2 k more).

@squid
Choose AMD if u r not a heavy overclocker For heavy overclocking, u shld consider Intel.

Last edited:

rajatrao

Broken In
Buying a new system. I already have monitor (21" CRT), Creative Audigy soundcard, Creative Inspire 6.1 speakers, 320 GB SATA Seagate Baracuda hard disks, DVD writer, keyboard and mouse.

I want to play games (like crysis, bioshock etc.) at 1600x1200 with most (if possible, all) effects turned on. Do not want to overclock, I am not a techie. I have decided that it will be an Intel machine. So no AMD please. I run XP but may upgrade to Vista soon. (Should I?)

No fixed budget, but please suggest most economical and trustworthy components that will satisfy my needs (i.e. DX10 gaming at 1600x1200 with almost all effects). I was thinking about 30-40 K spending but I can spend more if it is really needed on following components.

Processor - I am thinking of Core2Duo 8400. Okay?

Motherboard - P35 or P45? Which make and model? It should have 3 PCI slots, to accommodate my sound card, video capture card and extra slot for network card (lightning has burned my on-board network port earlier). The motherboard & processor should be fairly future proof. I won't mind a SLI motherboard with extra graphics slot for future addition.

Graphics - Pls suggest good single NVdia card How much memory needed? No SLI for now. I can add another one in future if newer games demand it.

RAM.- 2 GB or 4GB? make & speed?

Cabinet - not too flashy, but solid.

Power Supply - should be able to run three hard disks and one DVD writer and the graphics card if that too needs power. With good SATA power connectors (3 no.) Which make & power?

So please help. Thanks in advance.

Please also suggest reliable and reasonable shops in Mumbai for above items.

Rajat

Last edited:

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
^i dnt think so ....AMD X3 8450 is at par with E7200 with the added advantage of an extra core for multitasking and AMD 780G mobo is faaaaaaaaaaaar batter then any Intel mobo in the same price range (or even 1-2 k more).

@squid
Choose AMD if u r not a heavy overclocker For heavy overclocking, u shld consider Intel.

Dude in case u haven't read...i 've compared E7200 and Athlon X2 5400+.
BTW, in any case G43 is an excellent chipset delivers same graphics(X4500) except of the hybrid graphics.
Even though if X3 8450 compared to E7200, i still suggest E7200 over X3 8450 because E7200 is cheaper than X3 8450 & works exceptionally well.

Buying a new system. I already have monitor (21" CRT), Creative Audigy soundcard, Creative Inspire 6.1 speakers, 320 GB SATA Seagate Baracuda hard disks, DVD writer, keyboard and mouse.

I want to play games (like crysis, bioshock etc.) at 1600x1200 with most (if possible, all) effects turned on. Do not want to overclock, I am not a techie. I have decided that it will be an Intel machine. So no AMD please. I run XP but may upgrade to Vista soon. (Should I?)

No fixed budget, but please suggest most economical and trustworthy components that will satisfy my needs (i.e. DX10 gaming at 1600x1200 with almost all effects). I was thinking about 30-40 K spending but I can spend more if it is really needed on following components.

Processor - I am thinking of Core2Duo 8400. Okay?

Motherboard - P35 or P45? Which make and model? It should have 3 PCI slots, to accommodate my sound card, video capture card and extra slot for network card (lightning has burned my on-board network port earlier). The motherboard & processor should be fairly future proof. I won't mind a SLI motherboard with extra graphics slot for future addition.

Graphics - Pls suggest good single NVdia card How much memory needed? No SLI for now. I can add another one in future if newer games demand it.

RAM.- 2 GB or 4GB? make & speed?

Cabinet - not too flashy, but solid.

Power Supply - should be able to run three hard disks and one DVD writer and the graphics card if that too needs power. With good SATA power connectors (3 no.) Which make & power?

So please help. Thanks in advance.

Please also suggest reliable and reasonable shops in Mumbai for above items.

Rajat

Consider ur choice, u already know what u want!
-E8400 is the best choice, if gaming is the priority & E8400 has best VFM.
-Go for BIOSTAR T-Power I45, it broke the record or go for any good P45 chipset like ASUS, MSI, Gigabyte. But i think BIOSTAR one will be the cheapest of all.
-If going for Vista, then look for 4GB (2x2GB) 800MHz otherwise 2x1GB can do the job.
-Wait for 9800GT(if u only wants nVidia graphics card) or ATi HD4850, but HD4850 has better performance.
-CM Xtreme 600W.
-Any cabinet u like.

Hope i 've covered every part u asked & this one comes into budget.

Last edited:

The GF8200 has lesser performance than 780G. But if you buy Zotac, its Rs. 1,000 cheaper. So consider it. But at the same time, there also exists 780V. V is similar in performance to GF8200, but it consumes lesser power. So I recommend it STRONGLY if you find it. Meaning, if you ever stumble across 780V, which should be around 3.5K, buy it immidiately. Then you will have 6.5K for the CPU. Go to *www.deltapage.com for the chennai prices. According to deltapage, Phenom X4 (quad core) 9550 costs 7,300. Its worth it. See if you can extend your budget a bit to get it. And yes, Phenom X3 8450 costs only 4,900. I never knew Chennai had cheap AMD CPUs :eek:. And yes, these give significant performance over X2 5400+. Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H is the board you should be looking at if you go for 780G, since it costs 4.65K. Perhaps you can find something cheaper.

dsmarty

Journeyman
Hi all expert......I am going to upgrade my pc........I am not a gamer so much.....please suggest me the best one.

MOBO- Asus Pk5-VM or anyother?
proc. - Intel C2D E7200 or E8400?
Ram - Kingston 2x1GB 800 Mhz.
HD - Sata 7200 rpm 250 GB
cabinate- please suggest me best one.

If anybody knows INR cost about this configuration then please reply me......thanks in advance.

rahul777

Broken In
Can anyone tell me whether Zotac 8200 is cooler and stable compared to Gigabite 780G and what is the quality of after sales service for these boards. I am also considering Purchasing a HD in the range of 160-250 GB. which brand and model No. is the best?

I have a Samsung SyncMaster 740N.First tell me if it is LCD or CRT.Nvidia Control Panel is showing it as CRT!!WTF!
Enough of this tiny screen with 8800GTS 512.Tell me some good 22" LCD.Need for heavy gaming.I need HD one.

Hi all expert......I am going to upgrade my pc........I am not a gamer so much.....please suggest me the best one.

MOBO- Asus Pk5-VM or anyother?
proc. - Intel C2D E7200 or E8400?
Ram - Kingston 2x1GB 800 Mhz.
HD - Sata 7200 rpm 250 GB
cabinate- please suggest me best one.

If anybody knows INR cost about this configuration then please reply me......thanks in advance.
Whats your budget and whats your use for the PC ?
Can anyone tell me whether Zotac 8200 is cooler and stable compared to Gigabite 780G and what is the quality of after sales service for these boards. I am also considering Purchasing a HD in the range of 160-250 GB. which brand and model No. is the best?
Zotac 8200 is basically a cheap way to get into AMD CPUs. Its weaker in graphics power and has lesser options compared to a good 780G board and has higher power consuption (since 780G is 55nm and 8200 is 65nm) but at the same time costs Rs. 1000 less.
I have a Samsung SyncMaster 740N.First tell me if it is LCD or CRT.Nvidia Control Panel is showing it as CRT!!WTF!
Enough of this tiny screen with 8800GTS 512.Tell me some good 22" LCD.Need for heavy gaming.I need HD one.
8800GTS ? I thought you had GTX ? Anyway, I suggest you get atleast 24" screen. 22" not enough for full HD screen for uber gaming.

BTW, a CRT is a monitor which is large and bulging and looks similar to an old TV. While an LCD is thin and its always flat. I thought you knew that ? Anyway, any sane guy can use this information to recoganise an LCD and a CRT so I guess nVidia Control Panel must be drunk. :rolleyes:

rajatrao

Broken In
Many thanks keith_j_snyder2

So I hve decided on these-
processor - Intel 8400
RAM - 2x2GB 800MHz. Which make?
Power Supply - CM Xtreme 600W
Cabinet- I will go for cooler master. There are some models with external 3.5" bay. Does it mean we can easily connect & remove 3.5" HDD without opening the case? I do need this facility if available.

***Now a specific request***
Please please suggest me a good motherboard & graphics card combination as per my requirements. I mean a set of specific models that are compatible with each other and are easily available in Mumbai. The mobo should have sli/crossfire capacity and the card should be sli/crossfire ready. NVdia or ATI. Both should support PCIe2.0 in full 16X mode. And should let me play Crysis at 1600x1200 with full glory. Also give me price indication.

Thanks again

Rajat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom