Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ When coupled with 780G phenom X3 easily beats C2D 7200 in gaming and other GPU intensive tasks, thanks to the X3200 onboard. :)

And this mobo will have 30% performance gain when a crossfireX supported graphics card is added in Hybrid xfire more.
its not 30% gain for mobo. Its gain for the external graphics card, specifically a HD3450 or HD3550 or HD3650.
Hi Guys,
I've planned to buy Asus P5Q deluxe/E mobo...I might not be able to buy the ATI radaeon HD4850 now.... i am currently having Nvidia Fx5200(PCI) grphic card.... Will the graphic card work flawlessly in the new Asus mobo..??? ..Please help..
Yes. The card is a PCI card, and since the new asus mobo has a PCI slot, it will work in it. But don't expect to play games with it since its a really old card, maybe around 5-6 years old. But I guess it should run as goodas Intel onboard GMA X3100 or something. And it should easily work long enough for prices of radeon hd4850 to come down.
Dont go for phenoms :( , too much heat man ! i installed Cooler Master hyper TX2 cooler with Arctic Silver Mx-2 Thermal Paste :( temp= IDLE = 42 C :( ! its not good :(

Performance is good !
Are you sure its not your HD4850 which is causing the problem ? Is cool 'n quite turned on ? Reviews state otherwise. Howcome you get such temperatures ? Is your comp properly ventilated ?

rishabh_s

Broken In
Hello guys
I need to upgrade my PC
my budget is 17k. & i need mobo-proccy-ram-gfx card in that amount
any sugestions??
also if possible post their prices in Jaipur.

shantanu

Technomancer
Yeah man ! the cool and quiet is turned on ! i usually set the BIOS as soon as i get the new board or i upgrade a new BIOS !:D , the AMD people wrote to me ::

AMD said:
Dear Shantanu,

Phenoms can go to 80 c - 90 C on load temperatures, so your temperatures on 50-60c on load are fairly within limits, as you told us that you are using the best available cooling solution, dont worry about it !

Thanks

AMD Support Center!
AMD south Asia Pacafic

This is what Asus Wrote
ASUS said:
Dear Mr.Kaushik[VIP member]

As told by you the temperatures are very much in limits and the motherboard you are using can go to 70C at load, so dont worry about it!

Ski Lung
Asus Support

About the Ati HD 4850
MSI wrote
MSI said:
Thank you for contacting MSI Support,

Shantanu, there has been a problem with the series of Graphic adapters you are using, the problem is already solved with the newer range of products, so it is possible that you got the make of before June 30th 2008, We will send you the updated BIOS file shortly and you can use Automatic Updater provided to you in your support Disc or from our website !

Thanks

MSI Global

So i guess Phenoms are very much usable but have good cooling solutions ready !

Shantanu

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
hmm,ok guys tell me the most cheap motherboard that supports c2d(e6300 to be exact),ddr2 667,and a PCI-E slot.I MEAN THE CHEAPEST,I cant stress this enough.

hmm,ok guys tell me the most cheap motherboard that supports c2d(e6300 to be exact),ddr2 667,and a PCI-E slot.I MEAN THE CHEAPEST,I cant stress this enough.
Palit N73PV :p
Its filthy cheap in the link @ 2.2K. :D
Then, in the same link, you can get an ASUS board with a SIS, (thats right, SIS) chipset for 2.15K :lol:

The later is a shadow of the ooooold days when SIS was actually a well known brand.
The Former pwns it.

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
^^I saw a mercury 610i based mobo with 7050 onboard video @1950....

edit:*www.palit.biz/main/mbpro.php?id=10

*www.mercury-pc.com/product-detail.php?link=p-mainboards&subtitle=Mainboard&productid=766

the later is@1950 at nehru place,don't know about former.

SO which one is better,both have the same chipset..

^^I saw a mercury 610i based mobo with 7050 onboard video @1950....

edit:*www.palit.biz/main/mbpro.php?id=10

*www.mercury-pc.com/product-detail.php?link=p-mainboards&subtitle=Mainboard&productid=766

the later is@1950 at nehru place,don't know about former.

SO which one is better,both have the same chipset..
610i is the cheapest available chipset for intel CPUs.
it always sports GeForce 7050 graphics, which is supposed to pwn GMA X3100 and plays Urban Terror very well on Linux, according to some posts in UrT forums. UT2K4 is also rather good in it from what reviews say.

Difference lies in number of expansion slots and build quality. So first start counting the slots and then decide what to buy.

sude

Tech'ing life seriously!!
Please suggest an Assembled PC within 15000/-

dear users,,
recently my system got fully drenched with water in an accident...
please refer to *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94720 for full story..

as a result i want to buy another system but my budget is strictly limited to Rs. 15000 /-
15000 should include all major components like monitor, motherboard, proccy, cabinet etc..
please help me build a entry level pc

please help me friends.. waiting
thnx in advance..

SUDE

batsD1

Broken In
Guys Intel has come out with their new processor and so has Nvidia. I took keith_j_snyder2 advice and am still waiting to build a rig. Would appreciate a reasonably future proof config for 70 grand. Any ideas on the ideal configuration?

Last edited:
Guys Intel has come out with their new processor and so has Nvidia. I took keith_j_snyder2 advice and am still waiting to build a rig. Would appreciate a reasonably future proof config for 70 grand. Any ideas on the ideal configuration?
Future Radeon HD4870 price is going to be very low, maybe it can reach 15K for 1GB version and 12K for 512Mb version.

2.66GHz Quad Core Nehalem is the cheapest and lowest clocked nehalem, but its still a full fledged CPU. Its 2.93 GHz brother is pwning benchmarks, so expect a lot from it too.

All this once the second fortnight of september hits the calenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom