Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.
my budget around 20k........and my use for pc is.......home entertainment....visual studio dot net.....adobe premier and adobe photoshop.......I m net lover also........so please now suggest best one for me.........thanks
Base:
Seagate SATA-II 7200.11 RPM 32-MB Buffer 500GB HDD - Rs. 4,100 [4,500 max]
RAM - Value DDR2 800MHz 2GB + 2GB - Rs. 3,600 [4,000 max]
[for both, divide everything by 2 to get lower end config]
Zebronics Bijli cabinet with 400W SMPS - Rs. 1,500

Intel:
Intel DG35EC Motherboard - Rs. 5,000 [6,000 max]
Core2Duo E7200 - Rs. 5,500 ==== [or] ==== E8400 - Rs. 8,000

AMD:
Zotac 8200 Motherboard - Rs. 3,500
Phenom X4 9550 - Rs. 7,000 [8,000 max]

AMD has better performance here. If you want a better intel setup, you need to replace the motherboard with a 630i motherboard for 3.5K which would lack dual channel memory, compromising memory performance.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^dude ,how abt an Abit IP35e ??? and BTW 500GB HDDs cost 3.5k only ....atleast WD's 500 HDD costs 3.2k in my city ....and just 2GB of RAM is 'nuff, dnt u think ?

janitha

Wise Old Owl
It is not just the 16 or 32 MB cache which makes the difference, but mostly the latest larger platter capacity and the perpendicular recording compared to the older generation drives.

Last edited:
^^
And thats why I suggested the Seagate 7200.11 Drive. Its got everything. From 32MB buffer to perpendicular recording to cheap price. And if I remember right, in the same range, the 1TB drive is available in SAS too, along with SATA :eek:

dsmarty

Journeyman
Base:
Seagate SATA-II 7200.11 RPM 32-MB Buffer 500GB HDD - Rs. 4,100 [4,500 max]
RAM - Value DDR2 800MHz 2GB + 2GB - Rs. 3,600 [4,000 max]
[for both, divide everything by 2 to get lower end config]
Zebronics Bijli cabinet with 400W SMPS - Rs. 1,500

Intel:
Intel DG35EC Motherboard - Rs. 5,000 [6,000 max]
Core2Duo E7200 - Rs. 5,500 ==== [or] ==== E8400 - Rs. 8,000

AMD:
Zotac 8200 Motherboard - Rs. 3,500
Phenom X4 9550 - Rs. 7,000 [8,000 max]

AMD has better performance here. If you want a better intel setup, you need to replace the motherboard with a 630i motherboard for 3.5K which would lack dual channel memory, compromising memory performance.

thanks a lot dear...........and this config. sounds very interesting for me........but you suggested me Intel motherboard..........what reason behind it please make it clear...........because I want to buy a asus with intel chipset G33 like P5k-vm or with other chipset....thanks again dear.

imgame2

Padawan
i am looking for good headphones, are any true 5.1 headphones available in market ? i want them for movies,music and games off course. and i don't want to go for 5.1 speaker setups...just way too clumsy and full of wires and moreover i don't have a proper space to keep them oriented for good acoustics.

if not 5.1 then which which other headphones are good ? right now i have narrowed down to this headphone

MDR-XD200

*www.sony.co.in/product/mdr-xd200/sku/mdr-xd200__ce?site=hp_en_IN_i

i don't know the price and availability of sennheiser headphones ...and also i don't know which is good one...i don't want to spend more than 2.5k on them. please if someone know it ...help me

thanks a lot dear...........and this config. sounds very interesting for me........but you suggested me Intel motherboard..........what reason behind it please make it clear...........because I want to buy a asus with intel chipset G33 like P5k-vm or with other chipset....thanks again dear.
I suggested Intel because its cheap. Simple as that. ASUS would have made you spend 3K more if you wanted a modern full fledged chipset with DECENT onboard graphics. G31 or Q35 would have had only GMA 3100 (not X3100), which has too low graphics.

dsmarty

Journeyman
I suggested Intel because its cheap. Simple as that. ASUS would have made you spend 3K more if you wanted a modern full fledged chipset with DECENT onboard graphics. G31 or Q35 would have had only GMA 3100 (not X3100), which has too low graphics.

thanks........but What do you think about Intel DP35DP then now config. is

motherboard--- Intel DP35DP--6000
processor--- Intel C2D E8400--8000
ram--- as you told but kingston 1+1--2200
HDD---as you told but 250 GB and --2300
Cabinate-----as you told.--1500

Now suggest final...........thanks

thanks........but What do you think about Intel DP35DP then now config. is

motherboard--- Intel DP35DP--6000
processor--- Intel C2D E8400--8000
ram--- as you told but kingston 1+1--2200
HDD---as you told but 250 GB and --2300
Cabinate-----as you told.--1500

Now suggest final...........thanks
P35 has no onboard graphics. You need to spend extra money on that. A really cheap GPU is the 7100GS available for around 1.2K, but its weaker than most modern onboard GPUs today and about as strong as the older generation onboard GPUs and definitely not even close to what AMD offers.

And instead of DP35DP, get MSI version if ever you choose P35.

HDD 250GB will not have 32MB Buffer and often will not have perpendicular recording.

And yes, I still think you will end up with more money left in your wallet if you stick with AMD. ;)
I suppose you can sneak in an 8500GT in hybrid SLI mode into the AMD config to give performance enough to run any game including crysis.

rajatrao

Broken In
I am buidling a gaming PC to play Crysis & Bioshock at 1600x1200 with full effects turned on. Processor (E8400) & other parts I have already finalised.

Please suggest me a good motherboard & graphics card combination. I mean a set of specific models that are compatible with each other and are easily available in Mumbai.

The mobo should have sli/crossfire capacity and the card should be sli/crossfire ready. NVdia or ATI. Both should support PCIe2.0 in full 16X mode. And should let me play Crysis at 1600x1200 with full glory. I will buy single card for now and may be later add another in sli/cf when newer games demand it.

Also give me price indication.

Please help!

Rajat

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
frnz...i will be upgrading my pc....and hence i will be left with 2gb ddr2 667 memory and geforce 8600gt card.

i think i will make a 2nd system....
i hv got the core thingies....hdd/dvdrw/cabby/mouse/kb...

i hv set around a budget of 8k...10k max.
wat rig i can obtain?(mobo+proccy)

plz state both amd and intel configs.....

thnks

frnz...i will be upgrading my pc....and hence i will be left with 2gb ddr2 667 memory and geforce 8600gt card.

i think i will make a 2nd system....
i hv got the core thingies....hdd/dvdrw/cabby/mouse/kb...

i hv set around a budget of 8k...10k max.
wat rig i can obtain?(mobo+proccy)

plz state both amd and intel configs.....

thnks
What are your current components ?

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
What are your current components ?

u dont seem to get me...see my config in the siggy at the bottom...
i will be upgrading my grafix card and memory.

so...i want to buy another mobo+proccy........get the old ddr2 ram & 8600gt(from my present system) + add mouse kbrd+ another 250gb hdd(which I will purchase) and a cabby with 400w psu(will purchase).

i hv set aside 8k(10k max) for the proccy & mobo......plz give me a suitable config(both intel & amd)

u dont seem to get me...see my config in the siggy at the bottom...
i will be upgrading my grafix card and memory.

so...i want to buy another mobo+proccy........get the old ddr2 ram & 8600gt(from my present system) + add mouse kbrd+ another 250gb hdd(which I will purchase) and a cabby with 400w psu(will purchase).

i hv set aside 8k(10k max) for the proccy & mobo......plz give me a suitable config(both intel & amd)
I think buying another 8600GT for 3.5K and then some good cooler for 2.5K, then putting the 8600GT in SLI and overclocking your current CPU with the help of the cooler should easily make your system top notch. Why exactly are you upgrading ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom