Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

bully

Right off the assembly line
hey guys I want to buy a new desktop. I have a very low budget of only 25k(exclude monitor), can you please suggest all the components and price. I want to game on it so please include a decent graphic card under the given cap.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
hey guys I want to buy a new desktop. I have a very low budget of only 25k(exclude monitor), can you please suggest all the components and price. I want to game on it so please include a decent graphic card under the given cap.

please start a new thread & follow the PC building template provided on one of the sticky threads.

Isn't AMD's 6 cores for around 10K better than i7 950 for 15.6K then??

no. Phenom II X6 1050T runs at 2.8Ghz & is (lot) slower. i7's main advantage is its architecture. but with 5k premium tag & a 10k+ mobo, until you need so much raw power, its complete waste of money.

ssb1551

Technomancer
@Sam.Shab - when u say architecture do u mean the new threading technology by Intel(I forgot wats the technology is called,HT may be) or the large L3 cache?

@Jaskanwar - "having so many cores in general is good in some, bad in others".Can u be specific as in wat kinda applications use many cores n wat don't(like games,video encoding n others)?

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
@Jaskanwar - "having so many cores in general is good in some, bad in others".Can u be specific as in wat kinda applications use many cores n wat don't(like games,video encoding n others)?

ok listen
apps like maya, 3dsmax etc are efficient multicore users. if our purpose is rendering ofcourse it will be better getting a six core. but currently 1090t is not a match for i7 950. it well competed with 930 and gave it a run for its money in these tasks but 950's price is just awesome as compared to 1090t( 14k). note that intel dropped it from almost 30k to 15k..
now gaming doesnt use 6 cores. so 950, 930 and all perform better than 1090t.

amd has to drop 1090t's price otherwise sales will drop.
but one advantage it has got over 950 is that if we are on a tight budget we can go for a cheap mobo with amd. but x58 mobos cost atleast 10k.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@Sam.Shab - when u say architecture do u mean the new threading technology by Intel(I forgot wats the technology is called,HT may be) or the large L3 cache?

nope. HT (hyper threading) was introduced in P4 (my 2nd rig having P4 @ 3Ghz with HT but still looses to slower Dual Core). Intel made some major changes. like QPI. this is far faster than FSB (used by AMD & Intel) in rest of the processors. also the clock of their L2 & L3 cache is high. L3 cache itself is 8Mb. One more thing is their memory controller is much better than AMD (so using 1333 or 1600Mhz with low or high latency yields almost same result. use it in Intel & see the difference in performance).

they mad i7 the ultimate proccy (but at the expense of very high pricing)

"having so many cores in general is good in some, bad in others".Can u be specific as in wat kinda applications use many cores n wat don't(like games,video encoding n others)?

in short Intel proccy good for all apps but some apps don't need the huge performance Intel delivers. than all the extra money goes in complete waste. like in gaming, Core i3/i5/i7 holds a huge lead over AMD processors. in Video Encoding, i7 9** matches the X6 1090T & beats the 1050T. but Intel will cost you much more (processor & mobo combined) but the performance is just better (than AMD) at best. you need go through the reviews & benchmarks to have a better idea.

2yrs ago. when Core2Quad was selling like hot cakes, had anyone told that AMD will bring Phenom II X6 that beats all the Core2Quad (& some Core2Extreme), that "someone" will be centre of a big joke. more bigger joke had he mentioned that the price will be @ ~10k. now its a realty. i feel by year end when Phenom II X6 1075T comes, it'll debut at 7-8k. Athlon II X2 wil become EOL & its place will be taken by Athlon II X4 (thats my view).

Last edited:

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
look guys, corsair psu on the cheap -
Corsair shows off its latest 80 Plus - Online Best Latest Corsair shows off its latest 80 Plus Price Reviews | Features in India

and more but costly-
Corsair unleashes 750W 850W 1200W high performance - Online Best Latest Corsair unleashes 750W 850W 1200W high performance Price Reviews | Features in India

and take a look at this-
Dream Machine 2010 | Maximum PC

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Those are really cheap pricing and the psus also looks very cool as well :

GS600 (600W) - Rs. 4,700
GS700 (700W) - Rs. 5,800
GS800 (800W) - Rs. 6,700

the street price may be a little bit lesser than that though.

BTW, looks like Corsair GS series is here to compete with CM GX series PSU.

itisravishankar

tech master
@jayant_raj7

Core i5 760 @10k
MSI P55-GD65 @8k
Corsair 2x2GB @6k
Seagate/WD 1TB @3.5k
GTX 460 768MB @11K
Antec 300 @4k
Corsair VX550 @5k (or GS600 if available)
Samsung 23" P2350 @10k
DVD writer @1.2k

Total - ~59k

You can spend extra on additional storage and cooling or if you want even better gaming, then 2xATI 5750.

ssb1551

Technomancer
SORRY guys but I can't start a new thread coz of God-knows-wat problems so posting here!!AGAIN REAL SORRY!!
I wanna buy DDR3 RAM modules n PSUs online(took the advice of Cool Buddy,but paying from my own cash).Does anyone know which would be a better option : lynx-india,SMC international(its expensive than lynx),PrimeABGB or bitfang?If u hv some other choices plz do say so.I also wanna know if some problem happens in future with the hardwares do I hv to send the products bk to the place or can I get it done at the local retailer/dealer?

jayantr7

In the zone
@jayant_raj7

Core i5 760 @10k
MSI P55-GD65 @8k
Corsair 2x2GB @6k
Seagate/WD 1TB @3.5k
GTX 460 768MB @11K
Antec 300 @4k
Corsair VX550 @5k (or GS600 if available)
Samsung 23" P2350 @10k
DVD writer @1.2k

Total - ~59k

You can spend extra on additional storage and cooling or if you want even better gaming, then 2xATI 5750.
Mahn....No..i can't go with this

How's this?:-
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition [8.5k]
Gigabyte GA-880 GM-UD2H[6k]
Kingston 2x2 GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM
Seagate/WD 1TB[3k]
Sapphire Radeon HD 5850 1GB[15k]
LG DVD writer[1k]

Tell me howz this config??with monitor of 6k,PSU of 55w-600w,UPS which can take my computer in normal-gaming operation of 5-7k......and also cpu coolers..do i need 4 cpu coolers to keep my processor n cpu cool???

Help me ...

Death_Knight

True Evil Never Dies
The Corsair PSUs look cool & cheap. But they have reduced their trademark 5yr warranty to 3yr (site)
The LED lighting will be a waste in a cabby with bottom mounted PSU (most mid-high range ones) unless you mount it upside down. :sad:

ssb1551

Technomancer
SMC international or IT Wares.
Hey Sam..was outta station for a couple of days.How does the warranty thing works with these sites?Can I give it to local dealers for warranty or do I hv to send it bk to the web-site location?Also how much does IT Wares charge for shipping?I stay in Bhubaneswar,Orissa BTW!

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Hey Sam..was outta station for a couple of days.How does the warranty thing works with these sites?Can I give it to local dealers for warranty or do I hv to send it bk to the web-site location?Also how much does IT Wares charge for shipping?I stay in Bhubaneswar,Orissa BTW!

not all local dealers will accept items brought from outside (other states). let it be online or some retail store. if you got service center, they should accept though.

IT wares shipping mentioned in their site against the price for individual items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom