Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Thanx man! I would however go for a smaller form factor cabby if possible. What choice do I have?
A sleeker cabinet which can accomodate a microATX board. I will put that in my drawing roon, so space and design have to be taken care of.
I will also need an efficient PSU. 150-200W with good efficiency, 75% or more.

An INTEX 300W + iBall Cabby

Powersafe 400W Silver - - Rs. 1200
Too much for 945GCLF/..
@ Skud - Ya. Get the MSI P45 Neo F mobo as rajkumar_pb suggested.

@ rajkumar_pb - Don't worry & put the cpu. It will work & yes, investing 9K on a cpu is risky though it will feel like heaven when it gives the increased performance over your current cpu. Wish you all the best.
:)

Go for it, but may be sign up and visit the asus forums and post this questen there, that's how I was sure that my mobo would support the Core 2 Extremes(Planning for one next year:D ).
I saw the CPU support list

thinknano

Broken In
Don't you need a monitor ??

Ok, Now the config :

Proccy= intel Q8200 Rs. 8800
MOBO= Asus P5KPL-CM Rs. 2300
RAM=2x 1GB 800Mhz TS Rs. 1200
HDD=320GB Rs. 2200 seagate
Case with psu/case and psu= Zebronics Bijli with 400W PSU Rs. 1100 W/O PSU
DVD writer=Samsung Rs. 1100
PSU CM 460W Extreme Power Plus Rs. 2500

Total Rs. 19200
I have just got these two piece. I think these gonna rock in their own field!!!

take a look...

The AMD

Processor- AMD Athlon 64*2 6000+ @ 3GHz
Motherboard- Asus M2A-MX
Memory- 2*1 GB 800 MHz.
HDD- WD 160 GB 7200 rpm SATA.
Case- Odyssey with 450 watt psu .
DVD RW – LG 20X sata.
Microsoft 500 combo keyboard.

The Intel

Processor- Core 2 Duo 7400 @2.83GHz
Motherboard- Abit IP35-E
Graphics Card- Palit HD 4670 Super
Memory- Kingston 2 * 1 GB 800 MHz.
HDD- WD 160 GB 7200 rpm SATA
Case- Zebronics Lava.
DVD RW – LG GSA-H55N
Microsoft 500 combo keyboard.

Antivirus Software: Kaspersky Internet Security @ 450/-(great deal for me) 

From AR Computers
Weston Street,
Kolkata-13
Mr. Alok Jain
Mob: +91 9681060345

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ thinknano - The config I've suggested to you @ 20K can beat the above two config you have mentioned anyday & 160GB hdd is just too little.

As your primary need is office woks & photoshop. Huge database apps & multimedia apps like photoshop can benefit from Q8200.

Though at the end of the day it's your choice waht config you will opt.

ganeshravi

Broken In
hi, a few days before, i bought a seagate desk 1 TB external HDD which crashed yesterday after a transfer of 200GB...:( i had bought it from ebay and bought it on a condition of exchange if it crashed... but during the exchange i asked him to give a free agent pro and that guy told that the free agent pro model has been stopped and it has been revised in the name of extreme.... is this true..?? can anyone confirm this..??

Let me clear it up for you:

1. AMD 740G is a rebranded and die-shrinked AMD 690G.

2. AMD 790GX is better than AMD 780G is better AMD 780V is better than AMD 740G is better than AMD 690G is better than AMD 690V.

3. If you buy something, buy atleast 780G. Its future proof and has lots of expansion slots. AMD 780V is only around Rs. 200 cheaper and for the cripples it has its not worth it.

4. If you want crossfirex support or want to overclock, buy 790GX.

5. AMD 690V may tie with Intel GMA X4500HD (the BEST intel onboard GPU) but everything else are above intel.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^But when you have a budget of 5k and you want a dual core CPU, 740G or 690G is the best option. The cheapest 780G board I have seen so far is Palit 780G which is around 4k :).

acewin

Point Blanc
Putting my question in here only instead of creating a new thread will wait for response and then only create a new thread if I do not get any.

System config can be checked Compaq SR1930IL
motherboard specs RC410-M (Asterope2)

The CPU fan has started making quiet alot of noise. I tried checking if cleaning or oiling can be done. Removed the dust, but oil cannot be put as all the covered(checked after removing the stickers) .

Heatsink seems to be fine. The fan is a coolermaster fan. Suggest me some good replacement, and whether should I go for complete CPU cooler replaced or just the fan.

If just the fan then something good. Budget is upto 1K, I see there are few good complete CPU cooler sets(heatsink and fan) are available.

@damngoodman999, intel onboard gfx does not come near amd's onboard gfx.
G33 has X3100 gfx, as topgear said. and 780G has HD3200, which is very good.

@damngoodman999, intel onboard gfx does not come near amd's onboard gfx.
G33 has X3100 gfx, as topgear said. and 780G has HD3200, which is very good.

Last edited:

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
guys need some advise......is it a better deal to go for the Nvidia 9300 based motherboard for the core2duo or to get the popular intel ones and then put in a seperate graphics solution? what is the price difference involved.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom