Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
nah. not that hard to find. need something like this *www.antec.com/Believe_it/product.php?id=NzA0MjIx or get HDD bay which are more common these days but costs a bit more.

Vishw

Journeyman
^^ get 3.54 inch external IDE drive casing - this casings has USB interface and will cost you Rs.~350 ( I got one from techcom 3 years back and it's still working ).
One of these?

USB To IDE/SATA Adapter - INR475.00

Zebronics - Miscellaneous - SATA/IDE to USB Adaptor

Sunbeam Sata Ide To Usb Adapter

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Actually they are not adapters but they a box type USB to IDE enclosure - you have to fit the HDD once in it and after that it will look exactly like an external HDD.

Vishw

Journeyman
Ok. I recieved my parcel today [CM Hyper 212+ & MSI N460GTX Cyclone GD5/OC] and while checking it all out, I found out that one corner of the cooler's backplate is bent. [Plz chk the attached pic]. So do I need to RMA the whole thing or can I just try to straighten it with plyer or something? Any info abt CM RMA?

Also with MSI Cyclone, I only received two power cables & none of the adapters [DVI to VGA & DVI to HDMI]. I'm still using my 6 years old 17" CRT, so until I buy DVI to VGA adapter, I won't be able to use the card! :x So, how much does that adapter costs?

So damn frustrating! :x

Vishw

Journeyman
^^ Actually they are not adapters but they a box type USB to IDE enclosure - you have to fit the HDD once in it and after that it will look exactly like an external HDD.
I've three spare HDDs, so I'd prefer cable only, so that I can quickly swap 'em. Don't need the enclosure.

tkin

Back to school!!
Ok. I recieved my parcel today [CM Hyper 212+ & MSI N460GTX Cyclone GD5/OC] and while checking it all out, I found out that one corner of the cooler's backplate is bent. [Plz chk the attached pic]. So do I need to RMA the whole thing or can I just try to straighten it with plyer or something? Any info abt CM RMA?

Also with MSI Cyclone, I only received two power cables & none of the adapters [DVI to VGA & DVI to HDMI]. I'm still using my 6 years old 17" CRT, so until I buy DVI to VGA adapter, I won't be able to use the card! :x So, how much does that adapter costs?

So damn frustrating! :x
Take a wrench to it, it just a metallic part to hold screws, try straighting it out first.

Adapter should cost anywhere between 200-350/-

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ Vishw - where from you ordered that cooler and GFX card and who has shipped it to you ( courier name ) ?

For more than one HDD it's better to get adapters though to be honest I've never found those adapters in local market back then.

Vishw

Journeyman
@ Vishw - where from you ordered that cooler and GFX card and who has shipped it to you (courier name)?

For more than one HDD it's better to get adapters though to be honest I've never found those adapters in local market back then.
I ordered both online from SMC & courier was DTDC. I'm also thinking of ordering Dell U2311H frm 'em in couple days coz of the price drop.

---------- Post added at 04:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 AM ----------

Update: I talked to SMC & they've agreed to send me a replacement backplate! :)

tkin

Back to school!!
I ordered both online from SMC & courier was DTDC. I'm also thinking of ordering Dell U2311H frm 'em in couple days coz of the price drop.

---------- Post added at 04:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 AM ----------

Update: I talked to SMC & they've agreed to send me a replacement backplate! :)
Good, do you need to send the broken one back to them??

Vishw

Journeyman
Well, first they said that I may send the product back to 'em and they'll replace it. I suggested 'em instead of replacing the whole product, just send me the new backplate only. Cause' rest of the parts are fine. So now they just want me to send clear image of the backplate so that they could match and send the same!

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
. I'm also thinking of ordering Dell U2311H frm 'em in couple days coz of the price drop.

Yeah, this LCD is a steal at that price, I got mine from SMC too (14k). Perfect for everything, including gaming. Other than that got GTX560 and X Mini Max 2 too from them.

I wish they had their branches here in pune. It's a pain to wait for the parcel.

Vishw

Journeyman
Yeah, waiting is hard plus if there are probs with your products.. then more waiting for the replacements!

Pune is really poor when it comes to computer hardware. Many of 'em haven't even heard of Sandy Bridge. "Wo kya hai?" some of 'em asked me!
I was first interested in Philips LED monitors but I couldn't even find a single shop which keeps 'em.. same with Dell, they only sell laptops here!

Thank god for online shops! :D

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, waiting is hard plus if there are probs with your products.. then more waiting for the replacements!

Pune is really poor when it comes to computer hardware. Many of 'em haven't even heard of Sandy Bridge. "Wo kya hai?" some of 'em asked me!
I was first interested in Philips LED monitors but I couldn't even find a single shop which keeps 'em.. same with Dell, they only sell laptops here!

Some comfort that sitting at Patna!!! And whatever available is hugely overpriced, God knows why :( :( :(

And yes, thanks for the online shops. :D Otherwise it would have been a real pain in the butt to plan and buy everything every time I go to home to Kolkata.

tkin

Back to school!!

Philips ambilight monitors?? That is some sweet stuff.

Vishw

Journeyman
Yeah! Philips has some amazing monitors at decent prices, but no shop in Pune keeps 'em. Also I couldn't find any online shop selling 'em.

Btw, abt the Hyper 212, I found a small, thin brownish paper within the package. Is that for removing old TIM?

tkin

Back to school!!
Yeah! Philips has some amazing monitors at decent prices, but no shop in Pune keeps 'em. Also I couldn't find any online shop selling 'em.

Btw, abt the Hyper 212, I found a small, thin brownish paper within the package. Is that for removing old TIM?
Maybe!!! Nut sure.

pankaj818283

Broken In
Smc vala sahi banda hai baat vaigrah karne me, par vo lutt ta bahut hai, har item mahangi deta hai, there r only a few components dat r cheap @ smc delhi nehru palace.,
sahi kaha mere maalik.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Guys please check this and suggest:-

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/137918-pc-my-parents-within-rs-20000-a.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom